- New Mexico City smog alert orders 40 pct of cars off streets Updated: May-02-16 5:48 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico City authorities have declared a new pollution alert and will require 40 percent of cars to keep off the streets Tuesday.
- Delta gets Mexican OK for Aeromexico joint venture Updated: May-02-16 4:50 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's anti-monopoly commission has approved a plan for a joint venture between U.S. carrier Delta Airlines and Mexico's Aeromexico, with conditions.
- Raiders give Mexico a taste of the NFL during draft days Updated: Apr-30-16 6:41 pm
- Border inspectors seize 7 tons of marijuana in San Diego Updated: Apr-29-16 8:20 pm
SAN DIEGO - U.S. authorities say they seized more than seven tons of marijuana inside a truck at a San Diego border crossing.
- Mexico arrests 73, breaks up highway blockade Updated: Apr-29-16 4:57 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexican police have arrested 73 people after breaking up a protest by taxi drivers that blocked the main highway leading from Mexico City to Acapulco.
- Senate confirms Obama's pick to be ambassador to Mexico Updated: Apr-28-16 8:35 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate on Thursday confirmed President Barack Obama's nominee to be U.S. ambassador to Mexico, clearing the way for the first woman to hold what is considered to be one of the country's most important diplomatic posts.
- Missing students' parents demand Mexican prosecutor be fired Updated: Apr-28-16 7:32 pm
MEXICO CITY - Parents of 43 college students who disappeared in 2014 called Thursday for the firing of the head of Mexico's criminal investigation agency, the AIC, for what they called missteps in the investigation.
- Mexican general gets 52 years for torturing, killing man Updated: Apr-28-16 6:56 pm
MEXICO CITY - A judge has sentenced a general in the Mexican army to 52½ years in prison for ordering the torture of a suspect, then having his body burned, Mexico's federal judiciary council said Thursday.
- Year-round flights to Mexico from Sea-Tac airport to start Updated: Apr-28-16 6:17 pm
SEATTLE - Year-round flights to Mexico from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport will start in July.
- Mexico charges 4 detectives with holding foreigners Updated: Apr-28-16 5:11 pm
MEXICO CITY - A judge in Mexico has ordered two federal detectives and two ex-detectives to stand trial on charges of kidnaping for extortion for allegedly holding 15 South American women briefly to demand a bribe for not reporting them to immigration authorities.
- Reputed 'El Chapo' associate pleads guilty in Chicago court Updated: Apr-28-16 10:56 am
CHICAGO - A reputed associate of Mexican cartel leader Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman has pleaded guilty to helping move more than $1.5 million in drug money between the U.S. and Mexico.
- America wins back to back CONCACAF titles, beating Tigres Updated: Apr-28-16 2:03 am
MEXICO CITY - Osvaldo Martinez broke a tie on a penalty kick in the 86th minute and America beat Tigres 2-1 on Wednesday night for its second straight CONCACAF Champions League title and record seventh overall.
- Mexican judges orders 5 cops, soldiers to trial for torture Updated: Apr-27-16 9:54 pm
MEXICO CITY - Judges in Mexico have ordered two soldiers and three federal police officers to stand trial in connection with the torture of a young woman that was caught on video.
- Mexico watches out for banned steroid clenbuterol in food Updated: Apr-27-16 8:26 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico is watching out for the banned steroid clenbuterol - on the dinner plates of its athletes.
- Fiat Chrysler accelerates NAFTA shift from passenger cars Updated: Apr-26-16 3:21 pm
MILAN - With lower gas prices shifting North American driving preferences toward bigger vehicles, Fiat Chrysler has accelerated its transition away from passenger cars with an impact on its manufacturing footprint across the globe.
- Vatican names new archbishop for Hermosillo, Mexico Updated: Apr-26-16 11:12 am
MEXICO CITY - The Vatican has named a new archbishop for the Mexican city of Hermosillo, in the northwestern state of Sonora.
- Gunmen in Acapulco attack police at headquarters, hotel Updated: Apr-25-16 8:07 pm
ACAPULCO, Mexico - Armed men launched near-simultaneous assaults on police in the Pacific resort of Acapulco, leaving one attacker dead and an officer wounded and terrifying residents in what has become one of the world's deadliest cities.
- Ex-husband pleads not guilty in Elko to wife's death in 2011 Updated: Apr-25-16 5:52 pm
ELKO, Nevada - A 34-year-old man accused of killing his estranged wife in June 2011 and fleeing to Mexico has pleaded not guilty to a felony murder charge in Nevada state court.
- Nepalese temple, 4 other sites receive funding totaling $1M Updated: Apr-25-16 10:42 am
NEW YORK - The World Monuments Fund announced grants Monday totaling $1 million for five historic sites, including a 16th-century Nepalese temple destroyed in last year's massive earthquake.
- Student passionate about helping others, improving himself Updated: Apr-23-16 9:01 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Seventeen-year-old Kevin Davila an International Baccalaureate senior at Annapolis High, shakes his head when asked about the tall wall Donald Trump claims will be erected between the United States and Mexico to keep out immigrants if he's elected president.
- Death toll at 28 in Mexico petrochemical plant explosion Updated: Apr-23-16 12:13 am
MEXICO CITY - Searchers recovered four more bodies from a petrochemical plant wrecked by a huge explosion this week on Mexico's southeastern Gulf coast, raising the death toll to 28, the state oil company said Friday night.
- Mexico ratifies, swears in new Ambassador to US Carlos Sada Updated: Apr-21-16 7:14 pm
MEXICO CITY - Carlos Sada has been approved by the Mexican Senate as the country's next ambassador to Washington.
- Mexico proposes raising limit on decriminalized pot to 1 oz Updated: Apr-21-16 5:17 pm
MEXICO CITY - President Enrique Pena Nieto said Thursday that he will ask Mexico's Congress to raise the limit on decriminalized marijuana for personal use to 28 grams, or about one ounce.
- Half-mile tunnel found on US-Mexico border, cocaine seized Updated: Apr-21-16 1:27 am
SAN DIEGO - U.S. authorities said Wednesday that they discovered a cross-border tunnel that ran a half-mile from a Tijuana house equipped with a large elevator to a lot in San Diego that was advertised as a wooden pallet business, resulting in seizures of more than a ton of cocaine and seven tons of marijuana.
- 23 dogs rescued at border will be offered for adoption Updated: Apr-20-16 10:39 am
SAN DIEGO - Authorities say a smuggling suspect was arrested after 23 dogs - including 20 puppies packed in a nearly airless crate - were seized from an SUV at the U.S.-Mexico border.