- World reacts to death of Gabriel Garcia Marquez Updated: Apr-17-14 5:43 pm
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87 Updated: Apr-17-14 4:10 pm
- Affidavit: Smuggler threats follow Puig from Cuba Updated: Apr-17-14 3:39 pm
- Hail wreaks Easter travel havoc in Mexico City Updated: Apr-17-14 2:43 pm
- Excerpts from recent Wisconsin editorials Updated: Apr-17-14 10:55 am
- Street theater in Mexico City's rough Tepito area Updated: Apr-17-14 9:11 am
- Mexico probes death of pregnant woman at clinic Updated: Apr-16-14 6:34 pm
- Mexico arrests mayor for drug cartel extortion Updated: Apr-16-14 3:40 pm
- Mexico nabs No. 2 in Beltran-Leyva gang Updated: Apr-16-14 3:39 pm
- 4th Mexican cartel associate charged in Chicago Updated: Apr-16-14 1:28 pm
- Nobel laureate Garcia Marquez health very fragile Updated: Apr-15-14 4:16 pm
- Pet boom in Mexico amid rising middle class Updated: Apr-15-14 12:27 pm
- Mexico pledges own anti-money laundering list Updated: Apr-14-14 10:26 pm
- Idaho teens lose 6 family members in crash Updated: Apr-14-14 2:34 pm
- Toluca closes on lead with win over Leon Updated: Apr-13-14 10:51 pm
- Mexico's Carlos Ortiz wins home event Updated: Apr-13-14 8:08 pm
- Bus hits truck on Mexico highway; 36 reported dead Updated: Apr-13-14 7:16 pm
- Trying to combat growing drug trade in oil patch Updated: Apr-12-14 11:23 am
- Studies: Lab-grown nostrils, vaginas working well Updated: Apr-11-14 4:28 am
- San Diego campaign scandal sees second guilty plea Updated: Apr-10-14 8:45 pm
- Family on US kingpin list for money laundering Updated: Apr-10-14 7:47 pm
- Feds: Sinaloa cartel member cooperating with US Updated: Apr-10-14 6:04 pm
- UN global study: Murder rate very high in Americas Updated: Apr-10-14 5:21 pm
- Mexican police issue 'ransom ware' virus warning Updated: Apr-10-14 4:46 pm
- Leader of Dallas-based immigrant ring gets 6 years Updated: Apr-10-14 6:41 am
Reaction to death of writer Gabriel Garcia Marquez:
MEXICO CITY - A person close to the family has confirmed reports that that Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez has died. He was 87.
MIAMI - The smugglers who helped Los Angeles Dodgers star Yasiel Puig leave Cuba on a speedboat have made death threats against him and against a Cuban boxer who says he defected with Puig, according to court documents.
MEXICO CITY - A freak spring hailstorm has caused havoc for thousands of people trying to leaving Mexico City for Easter weekend.
Wisconsin State Journal, April 16
MEXICO CITY - Few outsiders dare venture after dark into Tepito, a neighborhood known as Mexico City's main clearinghouse for contraband ranging from guns and drugs to counterfeit sneakers.
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's National Human Rights Commission said Wednesday it will investigate the latest apparent case of denial of medical care for poor women, after a pregnant Mixtec Indian woman died in a clinic along with her unborn child.
MEXICO CITY - Prosecutors in western Mexico arrested the mayor of a city that once served as a stronghold of the Knights Templar drug cartel on charges that he helped the gang extort money from city council members.
MEXICO CITY - Mexican police said Wednesday they have captured a man identified as the second highest-ranking figure in the once-powerful Beltran Leyva drug cartel.
CHICAGO - Federal court documents show that an associate of Sinaloa cartel leader Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman was arrested in Las Vegas in January and brought to Chicago.
MEXICO CITY - The family of says Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez says his health is "very fragile" a week after leaving a Mexico City hospital.
MEXICO CITY - Camila celebrated her first birthday in a blue-and-white striped dress with tulle appliques, playing with her guests in a room decorated with pink balloons, lilacs and Hello Kitty posters.
MEXICO CITY - Mexico has announced plans to fight money laundering by using "kingpin" lists like those issued by the United States, although unlike the public U.S. list, Mexico will make its registry confidential, a Mexican official said Monday.
PAUL, Idaho - A southern Idaho high school student and her teen sibling are trying to balance everyday life with loss months after a drunken driver hit and killed six of their family members in Mexico.
MEXICO CITY - Toluca closed within two points of the top of Mexican Clausura season standings with a 2-1 home win over Leon on Sunday.
LEON, Mexico - Mexico's Carlos Ortiz won the El Bosque Mexico Championship on Sunday for his second Web.com Tour victory of the season.
VERACRUZ, Mexico - A passenger bus slammed into a broken-down truck and burst into flames, killing at least 36 people Sunday in southern Mexico, the Veracruz state government reported.
WILLISTON, North Dakota - The blood-drenched man had survived a brutal attack: Beaten with brass knuckles, shocked with a stun gun, slashed with a razor blade, then dumped 40 miles away in Montana, he staggered to a farmhouse for help. His path eventually led authorities back to a quiet backyard in this oil boom town.
LONDON - Two new studies describe the latest achievements in growing body parts in a lab and transplanting them into people, this time with nostrils and vaginas.
SAN DIEGO - A luxury car dealer on Thursday became the second person to plead guilty in a case alleging that a Mexican businessman illegally funneled more than $500,000 to support San Diego politicians, including $120,000 to back former Mayor Bob Filner.
MEXICO CITY - The U.S. Treasury Department says it is imposing sanctions on five members of a Mexican family for allegedly laundering money for fugitive drug lord Rafael Caro Quintero and another Sinaloa drug cartel leader.
CHICAGO - A high-ranking member of Mexico's Sinaloa cartel and son of one of the drug ring's leaders pleaded guilty to drug trafficking a year ago and has been cooperating with authorities, federal prosecutors in Chicago announced Thursday.
TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras - Global murder rates have declined slightly, but remain very high in the Americas and parts of Africa, according to a new U.N. study released Thursday.
MEXICO CITY - Police in Mexico City have issued a warning about a new type of "ransom ware" virus that can take over computers' cameras and make the user think they are under surveillance.
EL PASO, Texas - A co-leader of a Dallas-based human smuggling ring has been sentenced to six years in prison for helping slip immigrants through West Texas.