- 2nd group of Cuban migrants stuck in Costa Rica flown out Updated: Feb-05-16 4:56 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - A second group of Cuban migrants was traveling through Central America toward the United States on Friday after being stranded in Costa Rica for months when Nicaragua closed its border to them.
- Tourist boat captain to be probed for tragedy off Nicaragua Updated: Jan-24-16 8:08 pm
MANAGUA, Nicaragua - Nicaragua's police, army and navy will investigate the captain of a tourist boat and his assistant for the deaths of 13 Costa Rican passengers killed when the vessel capsized in bad weather, a top government official said Sunday.
- Nicaragua: 13 Costa Ricans killed when tourist boat capsizes Updated: Jan-23-16 10:31 pm
MANAGUA, Nicaragua - A tourist boat carrying more than 30 people capsized in bad weather off the Caribbean coast of Nicaragua on Saturday, killing 13 passengers, authorities said.
- Stranded Cuban migrants make plans to cross Mexico Updated: Jan-14-16 12:37 pm
MEXICO CITY - Nearly 200 Cuban migrants who recently arrived in southern Mexico after being stranded several months in Costa Rica began making plans on Thursday to travel to the border with the United States.
- Stranded Cuban migrants brought by air, bus to Mexico Updated: Jan-13-16 5:13 pm
CIUDAD HIDALGO, Mexico - Nearly 200 Cuban migrants traveled by air and across land through Central America and into southern Mexico on Wednesday, resuming their long-delayed journey toward the United States after several months stranded in Costa Rica amid a diplomatic tiff with Nicaragua.
- Purdue team powers Nicaraguan clinic Updated: Jan-13-16 5:01 am
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Purdue University alumnus Juan Paulo Lacayo took a different approach to solving a common problem for students.