- Venezuela says near $1bn debt to Panama fraudulent Updated: Mar-09-14 3:43 pm
- Deal reached in Panama Canal expansion dispute Updated: Feb-27-14 11:38 pm
- Rivera surprised by Jeter retirement this year Updated: Feb-26-14 6:29 pm
- China would use coal plant to power Jamaica port Updated: Feb-25-14 8:11 pm
- Jamaica aims to revive economy with port hub Updated: Feb-17-14 11:34 am
- Detained North Korean ship leaves Panama Updated: Feb-15-14 1:10 pm
- Panama rallies behind engineer in fight over canal Updated: Feb-11-14 1:48 pm
- N Korea ship free to leave Panama; fine paid Updated: Feb-08-14 8:16 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuela's foreign minister says 90 percent of his government's $1 billion debt to Panama is fraudulent and criminal charges are likely to result.
PANAMA CITY - The Panama Canal Authority says it has reached an agreement to end a dispute over $1.6 billion in cost overruns with the European-led construction consortium that is expanding the waterway.
NEW YORK - Mariano Rivera never figured this would be Derek Jeter's final season.
KINGSTON, Jamaica - A Chinese company wants to build its own coal-fired plant in southern Jamaica to generate the power needed for a hoped-for $1.5 billion port that the Caribbean island envisions as helping transform its chronically sluggish economy.
OLD HARBOR, Jamaica - This hardscrabble harbor town on Jamaica's southern coast seems an unlikely contender in an emerging regional competition over the shipping routes that carry global trade.
PANAMA CITY - A North Korean ship that was detained in July carrying undeclared arms after leaving Cuba has left Panama City and is headed back to the Caribbean island.
PANAMA CITY - He has the weight of Panama's pride and a good chunk of global commerce on his shoulders.
PANAMA CITY - Panama Canal officials say a North Korean ship seized as it was smuggling weapons is free to leave because the owner has paid a fine of nearly $700,000.