- Correction: Deepening The Mississippi story Updated: May-21-15 6:24 pm
NEW ORLEANS - In a story May 19 about deepening the Mississippi River, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the expanded Panama Canal scheduled to open in 2016 would be able to accommodate ships with a draft of 60 feet. The canal will accommodate ships with a draft of 50 feet.
- Left-hander Bruce Chen announces retirement after 17 seasons Updated: May-18-15 9:59 pm
CHICAGO - Well-traveled pitcher Bruce Chen announced his retirement Monday night after 17 seasons in the major leagues.
- Miguel Cabrera and other home run leaders - by country Updated: May-18-15 2:18 am
Miguel Cabrera hit his 400th home run over the weekend, and that milestone was more than just another round number.
- British boxer Carl Froch loses WBA belt through inactivity Updated: May-08-15 6:14 am
MARBELLA, Panama - British boxer Carl Froch has been stripped of his WBA super-middleweight belt because of a failure to defend his title since last May.
- Panama Canal installs final lock gate as part of expansion Updated: Apr-28-15 11:16 pm
PANAMA CITY - The Panama Canal is installing the last of 16 giant lock gates that are a key part of the waterway's multibillion-dollar expansion.