- DC United opens CONCACAF Champions play with win in Panama Updated: Aug-19-15 10:36 pm
PANAMA CITY - Miguel Aguilar scored in the 85th minute and D.C. United opened CONCACAF Champions League play with a 1-0 victory over Arabe Unido on Wednesday night.
- US draws Canada, Cuba, Panama for Olympic qualifying Updated: Aug-18-15 8:30 pm
The United States men's national team has been drawn into a group with Canada, Cuba and Panama for CONCACAF Olympic qualifying.
- Emirates' Dubai to Panama City route to be world's longest Updated: Aug-13-15 5:28 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The Middle East's biggest airline will soon be operating the world's longest commercial flight.
- Odd suckers: Octopus species that's weirdly social, romantic Updated: Aug-12-15 10:45 pm
WASHINGTON - The octopus already is an oddball of the ocean. Now biologists have rediscovered a species of that eight-arm sea creature that's even stranger and shares some of our social and mating habits.
- Costa Rica soccer coach Wanchope quits after stadium fight Updated: Aug-12-15 2:57 pm
SAN JOSE, Costa Rica - Costa Rican national team coach Paulo Wanchope resigned Wednesday after he was involved in a fistfight at a match in Panama.
- Sounders sign Panamanian defender Roman Torres Updated: Aug-12-15 1:17 pm
SEATTLE - The Seattle Sounders' midseason makeover continues as the club has signed Panamanian central defender Roman Torres.
- Correction: Panama-Canal Limits story Updated: Aug-08-15 7:19 pm
PANAMA CITY - In a story Aug. 7 about the Panama Canal, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the size of ships will be temporarily restricted due to drought conditions. The class of ship allowed to transit the waterway isn't being limited, only the amount of cargo larger ships can carry.
- Goalkeeper Jaime Penedo is leaving LA Galaxy after 2 years Updated: Jul-29-15 10:29 pm
CARSON, California - Goalkeeper Jaime Penedo says he is leaving the LA Galaxy after nearly two years with the defending MLS champions.