- Gov. Haley's husband returns from Afghanistan Updated: Dec-12-13 1:28 pm
- Indiana Guard unit returns from Afghanistan Updated: Dec-12-13 1:16 pm
- Bomb goes off by accident at Kabul armory Updated: Dec-12-13 2:26 am
- US general: Afghan pullout could reverse gains Updated: Dec-11-13 1:43 pm
- German court dismisses Afghan airstrike case Updated: Dec-11-13 8:14 am
- Car bomb hits near NATO gate at Kabul airport Updated: Dec-11-13 4:35 am
- 2 men plead guilty in Conn. to supporting terror Updated: Dec-10-13 9:43 pm
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro Updated: Dec-10-13 5:45 pm
- Everything 'goes wrong' on JBLM training flight Updated: Dec-10-13 4:34 pm
- Obama's eulogy for Mandela echoes his own agenda Updated: Dec-10-13 4:02 pm
- US: Signing US-Afghan pact will reduce uncertainty Updated: Dec-10-13 3:15 pm
- SC Gov.: Capt. Haley will be home for Christmas Updated: Dec-10-13 1:42 pm
- Hagel tours low-profile US base in Qatar Updated: Dec-10-13 1:10 pm
- SD Guard soldiers back on US soil from Afghanistan Updated: Dec-10-13 11:04 am
- Afghan president lashes out at US 'threats' Updated: Dec-10-13 8:15 am
- Dempsey presses Congress to act on defense bill Updated: Dec-09-13 6:46 pm
- Hagel warns Pakistan leaders over border protests Updated: Dec-09-13 1:08 pm
- AP Exclusive: Accusations dog Russian copter deal Updated: Dec-09-13 3:17 am
- Hagel offers troops rare glimmer of hope on budget Updated: Dec-08-13 2:16 pm
- Iran says opposes foreign presence in Afghanistan Updated: Dec-08-13 11:44 am
- AP Exclusive: Rough ride for US-Russia copter deal Updated: Dec-07-13 4:12 pm
- Hagel given assurances on Afghan security deal Updated: Dec-07-13 2:10 pm
- NH leaders to welcome home troops from Afghanistan Updated: Dec-07-13 6:13 am
- NY Army Guard unit being honored for Afghan duty Updated: Dec-07-13 4:06 am
- Army seeks Fort Irwin ties to Afghan murder Updated: Dec-06-13 12:18 pm
WEST COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley and her family joined about 200 friends and family members welcoming home Michael Haley and his 40 fellow soldiers from Afghanistan.
TRAFALGAR, Indiana - Members of an Indiana National Guard unit marched behind Santa Claus as they arrived at a ceremony welcoming them home after a 10-month deployment to Afghanistan.
KABUL, Afghanistan - Afghanistan's intelligence agency says a large bomb has accidentally gone off inside a weapons depot in downtown Kabul. No one was hurt in the explosion.
BAGRAM AIR FIELD, Afghanistan - America's top military officer warned the withdrawal of most U.S. and allied forces from Afghanistan by the end of next year could reverse gains made in the war against the Taliban and further destabilize the region.
BERLIN - A court in Germany has dismissed a civil case brought by relatives of some of the 91 Afghans killed in a NATO airstrike four years ago.
KABUL, Afghanistan - A car bomb went off Wednesday near a gate used by NATO troops in the northern section of the Kabul airport, the Afghan Interior Ministry said.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Two men extradited from Britain last year pleaded guilty Tuesday to supporting terrorists in Afghanistan through websites that sought to raise cash, recruit fighters and solicit items such as gas masks.
HAVANA - It was the briefest of moments, just seconds, two presidents shaking hands and exchanging pleasantries amid a gaggle of world leaders together to honor the late Nelson Mandela.
TACOMA, Washington - The Joint Base Lewis-McChord flight nurses in the air over the Northwest on Sunday had unbelievably bad luck during their training scenario inside a C-17 Globemaster III jet.
JOHANNESBURG - President Barack Obama's eulogy was for Nelson Mandela, but it laid out for a global audience the work that Obama himself would like to be remembered for: an unending fight against injustice and inequality. Obama acknowledged he sometimes wonders whether he is doing enough to live up to Mandela's historic legacy.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. envoy to Afghanistan says a delay in signing a security agreement between the U.S. and Afghanistan is raising anxiety and imposing unnecessary costs on the Afghan people.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley said Tuesday her husband will be home before Christmas, after spending most of 2013 deployed in Afghanistan.
AL UDEID AIR BASE, Qatar - The U.S. air operations center in Qatar has long been a hub where combat sorties into Iraq and Afghanistan were tracked and international forces kept watch over hotspots in the Persian Gulf and western Mediterranean Sea. But for years it's kept a low profile in a region sometimes reluctant to advertise its significant U.S. military presence.
PIERRE, South Dakota - A South Dakota National Guard unit that spent four months in Afghanistan is back on American soil.
PARIS - Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai lashed out at the United States, accusing it of making threats in the dispute over an agreement to keep U.S. troops in the country beyond 2014.
WASHINGTON - The nation's top military leader pleaded with Congress on Monday to complete the defense bill before year's end as Democrats and Republicans on the Armed Services committees reached agreement on compromise legislation to pay for warfighters, ships and aircraft.
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel warned Pakistani leaders Monday that if they don't resolve protests stalling some military shipments across the border with Afghanistan, it could be difficult to maintain political support in Washington for an aid program that has sent billions of dollars to Islamabad, defense officials said.
WASHINGTON - U.S. military officials insisted a top-secret Pentagon study proved the need to buy Russian helicopters for Afghanistan's security forces. But the study actually recommended an American-made rotorcraft, according to unclassified excerpts obtained by The Associated Press.
CAMP LEATHERNECK, Afghanistan - U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel on Sunday offered troops a rare glimmer of hope on the department's financial woes, saying a possible budget agreement back home could ease the automatic spending cuts that have hit the military hard.
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's President Hassan Rouhani said Sunday his country opposes the presence of foreign forces in Afghanistan and the region, saying their presence generates tension, the official IRNA news agency reported.
WASHINGTON - The deal looked sketchy from the start.
KABUL, Afghanistan - Pentagon chief Chuck Hagel said Saturday he received assurances from Afghanistan's defense minister that a stalled security agreement with the United States would be signed in "a very timely manner."
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's elected officials will join the state's military leaders to welcome home a medevac unit that recently returned from Afghanistan.
ROCHESTER, New York - A ceremony is being held to honor members of a Rochester-based Army National Guard helicopter unit credited with saving more than 500 lives during its 10-month deployment in Afghanistan.
VICTORVILLE, California - Army investigators are asking for the public's help in Southern California to solve the 2009 murder of a soldier in Afghanistan.