- Astana thrown out of MPCC Updated: Sep-04-15 12:14 pm
PARIS - Astana has been thrown out of the Movement for Credible Cycling for a breach of the group's regulations.
- Soyuz with Russian, Dane, Kazakh docks at space station Updated: Sep-04-15 8:25 am
MOSCOW - A Russian Soyuz spacecraft carrying three new crew docked at the International Space Station on Friday after a safe but unusually long two-day flight.
- Soyuz carrying 3-man crew blasts off for orbiting station Updated: Sep-02-15 1:34 am
BAIKONUR, Kazakhstan - A Soyuz spacecraft carrying a Russian, a Dane and a Kazakh blasted off on Wednesday for a two-day trip to the International Space Station.
- Kazakhstan to host international uranium bank Updated: Aug-27-15 9:43 am
MOSCOW - The International Atomic Energy Agency and Kazakhstan have signed an agreement to establish a low-enriched uranium bank in the Central Asian country, a move that supporters say could reduce concerns about nuclear weapons proliferation.
- Man United back in Champions League, Rooney scoring again Updated: Aug-26-15 5:58 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United had double reason to celebrate on Wednesday - the team is back in the Champions League group stage and star striker Wayne Rooney is scoring again.
- Barcelona heads 32-team draw for Champions League groups Updated: Aug-26-15 5:06 pm
GENEVA - The Champions League season takes shape Thursday when UEFA draws 32 elite teams into groups in Monaco.
- Russian extends travel time to International Space Station Updated: Aug-26-15 5:28 am
MOSCOW - The Russian Federal Space Agency says the next manned trip to the International Space Station will be extended from the usual six hours to two days.
- Kazakh currency recovers somewhat after massive plunge Updated: Aug-24-15 8:44 am
MOSCOW - Kazakhstan's currency recovered some of last week's massive losses against the dollar on Monday, with a rise of over 10 percent Monday.
- Different pedigree, same goal for Man United, FC Astana Updated: Aug-24-15 6:44 am
MANCHESTER, England - FC Astana did not exist when Manchester United became European champion for the third time in 2008.
- China ramping up publicity for upcoming military parade Updated: Aug-22-15 3:05 am
BEIJING - China is ramping up publicity for its upcoming massive military parade commemorating the end of World War II, but officials still aren't saying what other countries are taking part.
- Sinking currencies point to jitters about emerging economies Updated: Aug-21-15 6:07 pm
WASHINGTON - The damage spans the globe.
- Kazakhstan currency plunges after free-float decision Updated: Aug-20-15 7:46 am
MOSCOW - Kazakhstan currency plunged by over 20 percent against the dollar on Thursday after the government decided to move to a free float to cope with big swings in global currencies and commodity prices.
- Rooney's form a concern as United back in Champions League Updated: Aug-17-15 9:23 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United will want more than just a first-leg lead from its Champions League playoff against Bruges on Tuesday.