- Kazakh dissident banker to appeal French extradition order Updated: Oct-12-15 8:23 am
PARIS - Lawyers for a Kazakh banker turned dissident accused of embezzling billions say they will appeal a French extradition order that would send him to Russia to face justice.
- Netherlands beats Kazakhstan to stay in race for Euro 2016 Updated: Oct-10-15 4:55 pm
ASTANA, Kazakhstan - The Netherlands kept alive its hopes of qualifying for next year's European Championship by beating Kazakhstan 2-1 on Saturday.
- Benfica beats Atletico Madrid 2-1 to take Group C lead Updated: Sep-30-15 7:03 pm
MADRID - Benfica came from behind to surprise Atletico Madrid with a 2-1 win on Wednesday, taking the lead in Group C of the Champions League.
- Another record for Ronaldo, another win for Madrid Updated: Sep-30-15 7:02 pm
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo surpassed the 500-goal mark and Real Madrid hailed him as the club's all-time leading scorer on Wednesday, while Manchester United and Manchester City rebounded from opening losses to remain in contention in the Champions League.
- Astana salvages draw with Galatasaray in Champions League Updated: Sep-30-15 2:53 pm
ASTANA, Kazakhstan - Kazakhstan's FC Astana earned its first ever point in the Champions League with a 2-2 draw against Galatasaray on Wednesday in a match that featured three own goals.
- US, Cuba leaders meet for 2nd time in this year Updated: Sep-29-15 1:49 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Making good on a pledge to change U.S. posture toward Cuba, President Barack Obama held talks Tuesday with Cuban President Raul Castro, the second time the leaders of the once-estranged nations have met this year.
- Poland moves to take in ethnic Poles from former USSR Updated: Sep-29-15 12:48 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Poland has earmarked funds to bring in tens of thousands of ethnic Poles now living in Kazakhstan, Ukraine and other former Soviet republics, its finance minister said Tuesday.
- Misfiring Atletico hosts Benfica in Champions League Updated: Sep-29-15 6:37 am
MADRID - Atletico Madrid is looking for some new help up front.
- Barcelona to be tested without Messi in Champions League Updated: Sep-28-15 1:31 am
MADRID - Barcelona's first game without the injured Lionel Messi will be an important one in the Champions League.
- AP Interview: Kazakhstan sees unity as key to battling IS Updated: Sep-28-15 1:15 am
NEW YORK - Political divisions prevent the global community from reversing the rise of the Islamic State group, Kazakhstan's top diplomat said, urging world leaders to unite efforts to combat extremism.
- Benfica beats Champions League newcomer Astana 2-0 Updated: Sep-15-15 5:14 pm
LISBON, Portugal - Nicolas Gaitan and Kostas Mitroglou scored in the second half to give Benfica a 2-0 win over plucky Champions League newcomer Astana in their Group C opener Tuesday.
- Reloaded Atletico visits Galatasaray in Champions League Updated: Sep-14-15 7:26 am
MADRID - Atletico Madrid invested heavily in new players this summer with the aim of contending for a Champions League title that it was seconds away from winning two years ago.