- Newcomer Hibino beats Vekic to win Tashkent Open Updated: Oct-03-15 6:25 am
TASHKENT, Uzbekistan - Nao Hibino of Japan cruised past Croatia's Donna Vekic 6-2, 6-2 Saturday to win the Tashkent Open final.
- Top-seeded Beck reaches Tashkent Open quarterfinals Updated: Sep-30-15 7:13 am
TASHKENT, Uzbekistan - Top-seeded Annika Beck of Germany reached the quarterfinals of the Tashkent Open on Wednesday with a 6-4, 6-4 win over Jana Cepelova of Slovakia.
- 1904 rematch: Britain sets up Davis Cup final vs Belgium Updated: Sep-20-15 8:28 pm
It's like 1904 all over again in the Davis Cup.
- Sock beats Istomin to clinch US victory over Uzbekistan Updated: Sep-20-15 3:53 am
TASHKENT, Uzbekistan - Jack Sock clinched the United States' Davis Cup World Group win over Uzbekistan with a four-set victory over Denis Istomin on Sunday.
- United States takes 2-1 lead over Uzbekistan in Davis Cup Updated: Sep-19-15 7:16 am
TASHKENT, Uzbekistan - A straightforward win in the doubles for Steve Johnson and Sam Querrey on Saturday lifted the United States to a 2-1 lead over Uzbekistan and the brink of victory in their Davis Cup World Group playoff.
- TeliaSonera pulls out of troubled Central Asian markets Updated: Sep-17-15 8:59 am
STOCKHOLM - In a major strategic move, TeliaSonera AB says it has started to wind down operations in Central Asia and will focus on core businesses in Europe and Sweden.
- Jordan Burroughs focused after worlds stumble in '14 Updated: Sep-11-15 5:34 pm
LAS VEGAS - American Jordan Burroughs is still the biggest star in wrestling.
- Islamic State group loyalists eye a presence in Afghanistan Updated: Sep-08-15 12:28 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - Homegrown militants loyal to the Islamic State group are making inroads into Afghanistan, controlling territory in some parts of the country and ruling with the harsh hand the group is notorious for in Iraq and Syria, according to officials, military leaders and analysts.
- Japan beats Cambodia 3-0 in World Cup qualifier Updated: Sep-03-15 5:29 pm
SAITAMA, Japan - Japan eased past Cambodia 3-0 to secure its first win in World Cup qualifying while South Korea thrashed Laos 8-0 to stay undefeated on Thursday.