- Anti-government protests resume in Burundi Updated: Sep-02-15 12:09 pm
BUJUMBURA, Burundi - Anti-government protesters have resumed in some neighborhoods in Burundi's capital after residents accused the police of harassment.
- Burundi president unexpectedly sworn in Updated: Aug-20-15 11:28 am
BUJUMBURA, Burundi - With little fanfare or a public announcement beforehand, Burundi President Pierre Nkurunziza was sworn in for a third term on Thursday in this central African country which has been plagued by political violence.
- African Union: Burundi at risk of sliding further into chaos Updated: Aug-16-15 11:45 am
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - Burundi's recent violence shows the country is at risk of sliding into chaos with catastrophic results for the Central African nation and surrounding countries, the African Union's top official said Sunday.
- Burundi: Ex-army chief killed, 2nd military leader targeted Updated: Aug-15-15 1:41 pm
BUJUMBURA, Burundi - A former army chief was killed Saturday, a Burundi official said, the second military official to be assassinated this month in violence linked to the country's political unrest over President Pierre Nkurunziza's re-election to a third term.
- UN: Burundi violence spiraling toward point of no return Updated: Aug-10-15 6:26 pm
UNITED NATIONS - A top United Nations human rights official says the situation in Burundi has not yet reached the point of no return but is spiraling in that direction.