- Burundi: 6 die in clashes between police and protesters Updated: Jul-01-15 5:11 pm
BUJUMBURA, Burundi - Six people have been killed as protesters clashed with security forces in a neighborhood southeast of the capital, Bujumbura, police said.
- Burundians vote in parliamentary elections marred by unrest Updated: Jun-29-15 2:49 pm
BUJUMBURA, Burundi - Burundians voted Monday in parliamentary elections marked by an opposition boycott and the threat of violence in the capital.
- Burundi: 2 killed in overnight attacks blamed on the police Updated: Jun-28-15 6:08 am
BUJUMBURA, Burundi - At least two people were killed in overnight attacks that they believe were carried out by Burundian police, witnesses said Sunday as the country prepared for legislative elections despite an upsurge in violence.
- Burundi envoy says elections will go ahead Updated: Jun-26-15 5:05 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Burundi's United Nations ambassador says elections will go ahead as scheduled during the next month, saying 95 percent of the country wants to vote and not remain hostage to a "radical minority" that keeps seeking postponements.
- UN rights chief alarmed by Burundi militia violence Updated: Jun-09-15 6:37 am
BERLIN - The U.N. human rights chief is voicing alarm over reports of violence and intimidation by a militia attached to the youth wing of Burundi's ruling party, the Imbonerakure.
- Mormon church moves missionaries out of Burundi Updated: Jun-03-15 1:11 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Mormon church has removed missionaries from Burundi following violent protests in its capital.