- Burundi court validates president's third term bid Updated: May-05-15 7:31 am
BUJUMBURA, Burundi - Burundi's Constitutional Court on Tuesday validated the president's controversial bid for a third term but the deputy president of the court, who fled to Rwanda ahead of the ruling, called it unconstitutional.
- Burundi Red Cross: 3 killed in clashes with security forces Updated: May-04-15 11:55 am
BUJUMBURA, Burundi - At least three people have been killed in Burundi on Monday in violent clashes with the security forces, said the Red Cross, as street demonstrations persist over the president's third term bid.
- Burundi military says it will remain neutral amid protests Updated: May-02-15 3:49 pm
BUJUMBURA, Burundi - Burundi's defense minister said Saturday the army will remain neutral amid the street protests stemming from the president's controversial bid for a third term.
- Refugees from Burundi flow into Rwanda as tensions mount Updated: Apr-24-15 12:52 pm
GASHORA, Rwanda - More than 10,000 people from the East African nation of Burundi have crossed into neighboring Rwanda amid threats of violence ahead of elections, with many arriving here saying they have been intimidated by thugs who support President Pierre Nkurunziza who may seek a third term.
- Citing political pressure, 5,000 Burundians flee to Rwanda Updated: Apr-15-15 6:04 pm
KAMPALA, Uganda - More than 5,800 Burundian refugees have crossed into Rwanda so far this month amid fears of violence before elections later this year, the United Nations refugee agency said Wednesday.