- Practicing in a car park: WCup qualifying for Somalia's team Updated: Oct-08-15 12:24 pm
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - While revelations swirl of FIFA executives in expensive suits taking millions in bribes to award money-spinning World Cups, some of the poorest teams face near-impossible challenges to make it to soccer's biggest tournament, and try their hearts out anyway.
- Regional bloc: South Sudan factions violated truce 53 times Updated: Oct-08-15 7:51 am
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - The African regional body overseeing the mediations to end South Sudan's conflict says the two warring sides have violated cease-fire agreements 53 times in 19 months.
- Ethiopia plans to export natural gas in 3 to 5 years Updated: Oct-02-15 8:00 am
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - A government official in Ethiopia says his country will begin exporting natural gas in three to five years following the discovery of huge reserves in the country's Somali region.
- Ethiopia won't send soccer team to Burkina Faso after coup Updated: Sep-30-15 11:41 am
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - The Ethiopian Football Federation says it won't send its women's under-20 soccer team to Burkina Faso after the recent coup there.
- Ethiopia charges 2 for smuggling 4 people who died Updated: Sep-09-15 12:17 pm
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - An Ethiopian court has charged two men over the deaths of four Ethiopians who died while attempting to cross the Mediterranean Sea to go to Italy.