- Ethiopians vote, ruling party expected to keep grip on power Updated: May-24-15 1:31 pm
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - Ethiopians voted Sunday in national and regional elections in which the ruling party is expected to maintain its iron-clad grip on power.
- Official: Ethiopia detains 200 suspected human smugglers Updated: May-18-15 7:58 am
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - Two hundred suspected human smugglers have been detained as part of the Ethiopian government's efforts to stem the number of citizens trying to illegally migrate to Europe, a senior official said.
- Upstate NY post office to be named for fallen CIA officer Updated: May-18-15 3:04 am
MONROE, New York - An Orange County post office is being named in honor of a hometown hero who was killed while serving as a CIA officer in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Ethiopia: Opposition claims harassment ahead of elections Updated: May-13-15 11:04 am
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - Ethiopian opposition groups are accusing the government of harassing their members and carrying out illegal detentions ahead of the May 24 elections.
- Gebrselassie gives up competitions, won't stop running Updated: May-11-15 7:00 am
Haile Gebrselassie isn't going to stop running, he's just going to stop racing.
- Kenya's Kandie wins Prague international marathon Updated: May-03-15 6:30 am
PRAGUE - Felix Kipchirchir Kandie of Kenya won the Prague International Marathon on Sunday while Yebrgual Melese of Ethiopia claimed the women's race.
- Ethiopia ponders stiffer penalties for human smuggling Updated: Apr-28-15 9:22 am
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - Ethiopia is drafting a new law to stiffen punishments for human trafficking in an attempt to stem a wave of dangerous migrations to Europe, the Ministry of Justice said.
- Ethiopia appoints Yohannes as national team coach Updated: Apr-26-15 1:44 pm
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - The Ethiopian Football Federation has appointed local coach Yohannes Sahle to take charge of the national team following the departure of Mariano Barreto.