- South Sudan rebel leader says he is will take up VP position Updated: Feb-13-16 12:10 pm
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - South Sudan's rebel leader said Saturday that he has accepted his appointment by President Salva Kiir as vice president and will return to the country to take up the position when adequate security arrangements are made.
- UN: At least 200 million females estimated to be circumcised Updated: Feb-04-16 7:21 pm
UNITED NATIONS - At least 200 million girls and women in 30 countries are estimated to have undergone female circumcision - half of them in Egypt, Ethiopia and Indonesia, the U.N. children's agency said in a report released Thursday night.
- Rockefeller Foundation gives $130M to stem food losses Updated: Feb-03-16 11:40 am
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - The philanthropic group Rockefeller Foundation has announced a $130 million fund to reduce global food loss and waste.
- Corrupt practices said to be hurting US biz goals in Africa Updated: Feb-02-16 6:53 am
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - The president of the Corporate Council on Africa says official corruption is discouraging many U.S businesses from investing in Africa.
- Researchers confirm lion population in remote Ethiopian park Updated: Feb-01-16 11:35 am
JOHANNESBURG - Conservationists confirmed the existence of lions in a remote national park in Ethiopia, a rare piece of good news for a threatened species whose numbers have plunged in many parts of Africa, a wildlife charity said Monday.
- Ethiopia's Degefa, Burka rally for Houston Marathon wins Updated: Jan-17-16 12:22 pm
HOUSTON - Through the first half of the men's and women's Houston Marathon, it looked like the Ethiopians' grip on the race could be coming to an end.