- US relay team sets indoor world record for title Updated: Mar-09-14 3:58 pm
- Ethiopians sweep LA Marathon Updated: Mar-09-14 3:11 pm
- Couple from Ethiopia begin new life in Dubuque Updated: Mar-08-14 11:09 am
- Pay dispute, sounds of war rattle S. Sudan capital Updated: Mar-05-14 9:58 am
- Kenya's Chumba wins Tokyo Marathon in record time Updated: Feb-23-14 1:26 am
- Ethiopia pilot was distraught over death in family Updated: Feb-18-14 9:46 am
- Ethiopia pilot was distraught over death in family Updated: Feb-18-14 7:51 am
- Ethiopian co-pilot hijacks plane to Geneva Updated: Feb-17-14 5:50 pm
- S. Sudan political detainees a 3rd group at talks Updated: Feb-13-14 11:06 am
- What cease-fire? South Sudan violence persists Updated: Feb-12-14 9:50 am
SOPOT, Poland - Perhaps people know Calvin Smith Jr, and even then likely because his father was a famous runner a generation back. And David Verburg ran on the 4x400 world outdoor gold medal team last year.
SANTA MONICA, California - Amane Gobena ran two marathons in two months, and after winning the second in Los Angeles, she'll now have enough money for that dream home.
DUBUQUE, Iowa - In a tiny, tidy Main Street apartment in Dubuque, the joy is palpable.
JUBA, South Sudan - The sounds of war rattled the capital of South Sudan on Wednesday after violence broke out inside the military over a pay dispute, and five soldiers were killed, officials said.
TOKYO - Dickson Chumba of Kenya won the Tokyo Marathon on Sunday in a race record time of 2 hours, 5 minutes, 42 seconds.
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - The Ethiopian pilot who hijacked a flight to Rome and took it to Geneva recently lost his uncle, a relative said Tuesday, suggesting anguish over the death may have left him on edge.
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - The uncle of an Ethiopian pilot who hijacked a flight to Rome and took it to Geneva says his nephew had been distraught over the loss of another uncle.
GENEVA - It seemed like a routine overnight flight until the Ethiopian Airlines jetliner went into a dive and oxygen masks dropped from the ceiling. Only then did the terrified passengers - bound for Italy from Addis Ababa - realize something was terribly wrong.
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - Political prisoners taken into custody shortly after massive violence broke out in South Sudan say they want to take a seat at peace talks as an independent, third group.
JUBA, South Sudan - Cluster bombs. Rebel forces advancing on a major city. Accusations of continuing attacks. The cease-fire in South Sudan appears to not be holding.