- Planned anti-gay rally in Ethiopia is cancelled Updated: Apr-16-14 10:26 am
- Gunmen kill 9 on bus in Ethiopia near dam project Updated: Apr-16-14 6:07 am
- Feleke wins Vienna marathon with course record Updated: Apr-13-14 6:36 am
- Kenenisa Bekele wins Paris marathon Updated: Apr-06-14 9:13 am
- Texas faces final health insurance enrollment push Updated: Mar-31-14 6:34 pm
- South Sudan peace talks resume, UN warns of crisis Updated: Mar-25-14 3:28 pm
- Ethiopian lawmakers to pass bill deemed anti-gay Updated: Mar-25-14 9:20 am
- Group: Ethiopia regularly records phone calls Updated: Mar-21-14 10:49 am
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - A planned anti-gay rally that would have made Ethiopia the latest African country to demonize gays has been cancelled, officials said Wednesday.
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - Ethiopian officials say that attackers fired on a public bus in the country's west, killing nine people and wounding seven.
VIENNA - Getu Feleke of Ethiopia overcame stomach problems in the closing kilometers of the Vienna City Marathon to win the event in a course-record time on Sunday.
PARIS - Three-time Olympic champion Kenenisa Bekele of Ethiopia won the Paris marathon Sunday on his debut at the distance.
HOUSTON - In San Antonio, a line of last-minute health care consumers stretched a quarter of the way around the Alamodome. In Houston, the search was on for interpreters to help people enroll for insurance.
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - Peace talks between South Sudan's two warring factions resumed in the Ethiopian capital of Addis Ababa on Tuesday, as the United Nations warned of "the potential for a catastrophic situation" for millions in need of food and other aid.
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - Ethiopia's lawmakers are set to pass a bill that puts homosexuality on a list of offenses considered "non-pardonable" under the country's amnesty law, a measure that continues a trend of anti-gay legislation across Africa.
NAIROBI, Kenya - A rights group says that Ethiopia's government regularly listens to and records the phone calls of opposition activists and journalists using equipment provided by foreign technology companies.