- Kenya celebrates athletes but more doping probes underway Updated: Sep-01-15 7:29 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - Some of Kenya's newly crowned track and field world champions returned home on Tuesday and were ferried to a celebratory breakfast in a convoy of limousines bearing the logo "Hotbed of Champions."
- The Latest: Coe gets to work right away as IAAF president Updated: Aug-30-15 1:05 pm
BEIJING - The Latest from the IAAF world championships (all times local):
- Moving on: US bobbles a relay, starts thinking about Rio Updated: Aug-30-15 12:59 pm
BEIJING - For the world's best sprinters, passing the baton in the 4x400 relay is about as easy as rolling out of bed in the morning.
- No rushing Rudisha: Patience contributes to 2nd world title Updated: Aug-25-15 12:11 pm
BEIJING - This world title came in a tactical race for David Rudisha, so very unlike the wire-to-wire run at the London Olympics that earned him a gold medal and a world record in the 800 meters.
- 2 ambulances from Michigan sent to eastern Africa's Kenya Updated: Aug-22-15 1:38 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Two ambulances once used by emergency medical personnel in Michigan have been sent to Kenya in eastern Africa.
- Suspected ivory smuggler released on bond by Kenyan court Updated: Aug-21-15 12:25 pm
MOMBASA, Kenya - A Kenyan court released the suspected leader of an ivory trafficking ring on bail Friday, causing an uproar among conservationists who fear he may flee or tamper with witnesses.
- ICC judges to reconsider Kenya's lack of cooperation Updated: Aug-19-15 5:43 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Appeals judges at the International Criminal Court say a lower panel of judges must reconsider its decision not to report Kenya to the court's government body for failing to fully cooperate with prosecutors seeking evidence against the country's president.
- Oceanic junk ranges from Legos to suspected jet wreckage Updated: Aug-14-15 11:05 am
NEW DELHI - For years along the Cornish coast of Britain, Atlantic Ocean currents have carried thousands of Lego pieces onto the beaches. In Kenya, cheap flip-flop sandals are churned relentlessly in the Indian Ocean surf, until finally being spit out onto the sand. In Bangladesh, fishermen are haunted by floating corpses that the Bay of Bengal sometimes puts in their path.
- Oklahoma man wants Kenyan orphan abuse convictions dismissed Updated: Aug-07-15 5:42 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - An Oklahoma man convicted of illicit sexual conduct with children at a Kenyan orphanage has challenged the constitutionality of the law he was convicted of violating and wants a federal judge to throw out a jury's guilty verdicts.
- At least 2 dead in Kenya after boat with 200 people capsizes Updated: Aug-05-15 2:10 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - A police official in Kenya says at least two people have died and many are reported missing after a boat with about 200 passengers collided with a fishing boat on Lake Victoria.