- Kenya anti-doping agency to investigate bribery claims Updated: Feb-13-16 4:56 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenya's new anti-doping agency said it had launched an investigation Saturday following a report by The Associated Press where two athletes who failed drug tests at last year's world championships alleged a senior official asked them for bribes in exchange for more lenient punishments.
- ICC blocks use of 5 witnesses who pulled out of Kenya case Updated: Feb-12-16 2:03 pm
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - International Criminal Court appeals judges ruled Friday that statements made by five witnesses who later changed their stories or refused to testify against Kenya's deputy president cannot be used as evidence.
- Those Valentine's Day flowers might just be from Kenya Updated: Feb-12-16 11:07 am
NYAHURURU, Kenya - This Valentine's Day, there's a good chance your flowers came from Kenya.
- Kenya under investigation for breaching anti-doping code Updated: Feb-11-16 6:17 pm
Kenya is being investigated for breaching the world anti-doping code, WADA said Thursday, and could be declared non-compliant in a matter of weeks.
- Kenya planning on track for Rio Olympics; No Zika boycott Updated: Feb-09-16 12:41 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenya is preparing as planned for the Rio de Janeiro Olympics while also monitoring the outbreak of the Zika virus in Brazil, the official in charge of the country's team said Tuesday.
- Kenya: Supreme court judge to be investigated over bribery Updated: Feb-05-16 1:38 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - The head of Kenya's Judiciary Friday said that an internal probe has found that a Supreme Court judge should be investigated further over allegations that he received a $2 million bribe to influence an election petition.
- Inquest starts into murder of British artist in Kenya Updated: Feb-04-16 11:56 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - A Kenyan court Thursday launched an inquest into the 14-year-old murder of a British artist killed outside the home of the woman believed to be his mistress.
- Kenyan taxi drivers ask government to stop Uber Updated: Feb-03-16 11:09 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - Taxi operators in Kenya Wednesday asked the government to stop operations of Uber, the ride sharing app which has risen in popularity because of its cheaper fares.
- Kenya honors troops slain in Somalia with memorial service Updated: Jan-27-16 1:00 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta on Wednesday led an interfaith memorial service honoring Kenyan soldiers killed while on peacekeeping duty in Somalia.
- US judge clears Oklahoma man of 3 Kenyan child abuse charges Updated: Jan-26-16 6:18 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A federal judge Tuesday acquitted an Oklahoma man on three charges accusing him of sexually abusing children at a Kenyan orphanage but rejected his request for a new trial on four other counts.
- Kenyan troops pull out of Somali towns after deadly attack Updated: Jan-26-16 12:54 pm
MOGADISHU, Somalia - Kenyan forces pulled out of two towns in southern Somalia on Tuesday and Islamic extremists quickly moved into one of them, residents said.
- Kenyans honor Muslim man who shielded Christians in attack Updated: Jan-22-16 5:03 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenyans are donating to the family of a Muslim man who was fatally wounded by Islamic extremists while shielding Christians during an attack on a bus.
- Kenyan police kill 4 alleged Islamic extremists in shootout Updated: Jan-20-16 1:57 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenyan police say they have killed four men described as most-wanted extremist suspects whose names were released to the public in December.
- Grisly fossils from Kenya reveal a 10,000-year-old massacre Updated: Jan-20-16 1:08 pm
NEW YORK - Scientists have found grisly evidence of a massacre in Kenya about 10,000 years ago, providing rare evidence of violence between groups in ancient hunter-gatherer societies.
- 2 al-Shabab recruits sentenced in US terror case Updated: Jan-15-16 8:47 pm
NEW YORK - Two Somalia-born men have been sentenced to 11 years in prison after pleading guilty to U.S. terrorism charges.