- Rudisha on Kenya's team for worlds despite defeat at trials Updated: Aug-02-15 1:27 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Olympic champion David Rudisha is on Kenya's team for the athletics world championships in Beijing this month despite another defeat, this time at the national trials.
- Obama delivers frank words about Africa's problems Updated: Jul-28-15 4:49 pm
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - President Barack Obama arrived in East Africa with no big American aid packages, no ramped up U.S. military resources for fighting terror groups and no new initiatives with billions in government backing.
- Critically endangered northern white rhino dies at Czech zoo Updated: Jul-28-15 1:55 pm
PRAGUE - One of the last five northern white rhinoceros left in the world has died.
- Obama draws criticism for saying Ethiopia is democratic Updated: Jul-28-15 12:59 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Some African activists have greeted President Barack Obama's remarks that Ethiopia has a democratically elected government with scorn and concern.
- Rwanda park releases relocated lions to restock population Updated: Jul-28-15 11:20 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - Seven lions that were transported from South Africa to Rwanda have been released into a wildlife park after weeks of quarantine, another step in a plan to restore the country's lion population after it was wiped out following Rwanda's 1994 genocide, the park's managers said Tuesday.
- Kenyan girl who gave flowers to Obama goes back to school Updated: Jul-27-15 10:55 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - An 8-year-old Kenyan girl who presented flowers to President Barack Obama at an arrival ceremony last week got lots of attention when she returned to school on Monday. And she was a little overwhelmed by all the fuss.
- Kenyan security on high alert ahead of Obama visit Updated: Jul-24-15 9:10 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - A massive security operation is in place to protect President Barack Obama during his visit to Kenya, which has been frequently targeted by al-Shabab militants based in neighboring Somalia.
- US Sen. Markey to join Obama on his trip to Kenya, Ethiopia Updated: Jul-23-15 7:22 pm
BOSTON - U.S. Sen. Edward Markey is joining President Barack Obama on his trip to Kenya and Ethiopia.
- Kenyan bombing victims appeal for aid ahead of Obama visit Updated: Jul-23-15 2:16 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenyan victims of the 1998 bombing of the U.S. Embassy in Nairobi are appealing for financial compensation from the United States ahead of a visit this week by President Barack Obama.
- White House dismisses Kenya release of Obama schedule Updated: Jul-22-15 6:35 pm
WASHINGTON - The White House says President Barack Obama's travel plans won't change after Kenyan aviation authorities released specifics about his arrival there later this week.
- Rudisha now the one who has to catch up Updated: Jul-22-15 11:44 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - David Rudisha has been left behind, and he's not used to it.
- Shoppers return to Kenyan mall 2 years after attack Updated: Jul-18-15 10:50 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - Hundreds of shoppers Saturday thronged through the re-opened Westgate Shopping Mall in Kenya's capital, Nairobi nearly two years after an extremist attack there left at least 67 people dead.
- Kenya press freedom rapidly deteriorating, rights group says Updated: Jul-15-15 6:28 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - Press freedom is deteriorating in Kenya as a result of government legislation, threats and attacks, a media rights group said Wednesday.
- Nairobi mall to re-open 2 years after extremist attack Updated: Jul-14-15 2:28 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Nairobi's Westgate Mall is to re-open Saturday, nearly two years after it was attacked by Somalia's Islamic extremist rebels who killed at least 67 people, Kenyan officials said Tuesday.
- Athletissima Diamond League Results Updated: Jul-09-15 6:31 pm
100_1, Justin Gatlin, United States, 9.75. 2, Asafa Powell, Jamaica, 9.92. 3, Tyson Gay, United States, 9.92. 4, Michael Rodgers, United States, 10.03. 5, Keston Bledman, Trinidad and Tobago, 10.03. 6, Kim Collins, Saint Kitts and Nevis, 10.08. 7, Isiah Young, United States, 10.11.
- South Sudan rebel leader calls on president to resign Updated: Jul-08-15 9:46 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - A South Sudan rebel leader Wednesday called on President Salva Kiir to resign along with all ministers and the parliament or risk sparking a revolution.
- Kenya says Islamic extremists kill 14 in Kenya's north Updated: Jul-07-15 10:42 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - At least 14 people were killed in an attack early Tuesday in the country's north by al-Shabab, Islamic extremist rebels from neighboring Somalia, a Kenyan official said.
- Low turnout marks anti-gay demonstration in Kenya Updated: Jul-06-15 9:26 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - A demonstration against homosexuality in Kenya fizzled Monday after attracting only a handful of protesters.