- Kerry to visit Riyadh to confer with Saudi Arabia on Yemen Updated: May-04-15 6:44 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Secretary of State John Kerry will visit Riyadh for discussions with Saudi government leaders on Wednesday and Thursday.
- US gives $45 million to help Kenya with refugee crisis Updated: May-04-15 12:56 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - The United States said Monday it will give $45 million to help Kenya deal with an increasingly complex refugee crisis in a region long defined by Somalia's endemic violence, but where war in nearby Yemen is now creating conditions so dire that some people are even fleeing to Somalia.
- Kerry makes emotional appeal to So. Sudan's warring leaders Updated: May-04-15 12:34 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Secretary of State John Kerry condemned South Sudan's warring president and opposition leader as "disgraceful" Monday for squandering the promise of the world's youngest country and pledged $5 million to create a court or another institution that might one day hold perpetrators of the nation's violence accountable.
- Kenya's Kandie wins Prague international marathon Updated: May-03-15 6:30 am
PRAGUE - Felix Kipchirchir Kandie of Kenya won the Prague International Marathon on Sunday while Yebrgual Melese of Ethiopia claimed the women's race.
- US seeks to compensate victims of Sudan, Iran and Cuba Updated: May-01-15 2:34 pm
NEW YORK - The U.S. government announced a system Friday to compensate people harmed by Sudan, Iran and Cuba using some of the $8.9 billion forfeited by France's largest bank for violating U.S. economic sanctions by processing transactions for clients in blacklisted countries.
- Clintons: Create equal opportunities for girls in education Updated: May-01-15 12:07 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Former U.S. President Bill Clinton, during a tour of Africa on Friday with his daughter, called for equal opportunities for girls in education.
- Kenya: Court orders government to register gay rights group Updated: Apr-27-15 3:35 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenyan judges on Monday ordered a government agency to register a human rights group representing the country's gay people.
- Kipchoge wins his 1st London Marathon in Kenyan top 4 Updated: Apr-26-15 1:50 pm
LONDON - Eliud Kipchoge won the London Marathon for the first time on Sunday, leading home a Kenyan top four ahead of defending champion Wilson Kipsang.
- Brother: Kenyan man in plot against president mentally ill Updated: Apr-23-15 4:03 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - A man arrested for allegedly being involved in an extremist plot to attack President Uhuru Kenyatta's rural home is mentally ill, his brother said Thursday.
- Kenya: 9 security chiefs suspended over al-Shabab attack Updated: Apr-22-15 11:10 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - Nine security chiefs in the eastern town of Garissa have been suspended during a probe to determine if they failed to stop an extremist attack earlier this month in which 148 people died, Kenya's interior minister has said.
- IAAF seeks 4-year ban at CAS for marathon champ Rita Jeptoo Updated: Apr-21-15 4:21 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The IAAF has asked sport's highest court to double a two-year ban for doping imposed on Boston and Chicago Marathon winner Rita Jeptoo.
- Desisa wins 119th Boston Marathon; Rotich takes women's race Updated: Apr-21-15 3:11 am
BOSTON - Lelisa Desisa ran through the rain to earn a second Boston Marathon victory and his first chance to enjoy it.
- The Latest: Wheelchair champ gives wreath to Richards family Updated: Apr-20-15 9:16 pm
- Top Kenyans' season preps in disarray after agents suspended Updated: Apr-15-15 7:05 am
ELDORET, Kenya - Leading Kenyan athletes have criticized the national federation for suspending their agents in a doping investigation, saying it has hurt their preparations for the world championships and other major competitions this season.
- UN urges Kenya to reconsider demand to shut refugee camp Updated: Apr-14-15 10:40 am
BERLIN - The United Nations' refugee agency urged Kenya on Tuesday to reconsider its demand for the closure of a vast camp for Somali refugees within three months.
- Kenyan drivers fume over city plan to get traffic moving Updated: Apr-14-15 9:16 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - The nerves of commuters are fraying in Kenya's capital, where getting from A to B isn't as easy as it sounds.
- 3 men accused of raping girl ordered jailed after outcry Updated: Apr-13-15 6:07 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - A court in the western Kenya town of Busia has sentenced three men to 15 years in jail for gang raping a 16-year-old girl and dumping her into a pit latrine, a civil rights group said Monday.
- Kenyan official: 1 student killed, 141 hurt after explosion Updated: Apr-12-15 8:13 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - One Kenyan student was killed and 141 injured in a stampede Sunday on the campus of the University of Nairobi when students mistook several accidental explosions for an extremist attack, according to an official.
- Kenya: Hero's burial for officer who helped stop attack Updated: Apr-11-15 2:05 pm
CHELEGET, Kenya - Most walked for several kilometres (miles) on dusty paths to the remote village in southwestern Kenya, others arrived in bicycle taxis, the privileged in cars and even helicopters.
- New child abuse indictment issued against Oklahoma man Updated: Apr-07-15 5:28 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A new 17-count federal indictment has been issued against a 20-year-old Oklahoma man who is accused of sexually abusing children at an orphanage in Kenya.
- Kenya attack victims had big plans for life Updated: Apr-06-15 1:19 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - He was a soccer player with a fighting spirit, a talented keyboard player with "golden fingers" who was intent on succeeding in life, his guardian said. But Bryson Mwakuleghwa, a 21-year-old student at Garissa University College in Kenya, never had the chance to make his dreams happen.