- Mozambican president visits region troubled by clashes Updated: Jul-28-15 12:29 pm
MAPUTO, Mozambique - Mozambique's president travelled to the country's northwest where fighting between government troops and opposition fighters has forced hundreds to flee to neighboring Malawi, state-run radio reported on Tuesday.
- Hundreds of Mozambicans cross into Malawi to flee fighting Updated: Jul-27-15 11:21 am
MAPUTO, Mozambique - Hundreds of Mozambicans have fled into neighboring Malawi after renewed fighting between government troops and fighters loyal to the opposition party Renamo, officials from both countries said Monday.
- Lions benefit from elephant poaching in Mozambique park Updated: Jul-09-15 10:58 am
JOHANNESBURG - The lion population has increased in a major wildlife park in Mozambique partly because heavy poaching of elephants has provided the carnivores with a bounty of carcasses to eat as well as vulnerable elephant calves to hunt, a conservationist said Thursday.
- Mozambique destroys ivory, rhino horn in anti-poaching move Updated: Jul-06-15 1:08 pm
JOHANNESBURG - Mozambique destroyed a large stockpile of confiscated ivory and rhino horn on Monday in an effort to curb severe poaching, the government said.
- Mixed reaction to scrapping of anti-gay law in Mozambique Updated: Jul-03-15 12:17 pm
MAPUTO, Mozambique - Mozambicans on Friday reacted cautiously to the government's decision to do away with a colonial-era anti-gay law.