- Kenya sends 91 Somalis to Mogadishu amid crackdown Updated: Apr-17-14 11:52 am
- UN deploys Ugandan guard unit in Somali capital Updated: Apr-16-14 11:55 am
- 2 UN workers killed by gunmen in Somalia Updated: Apr-07-14 4:11 pm
- 'Living on borrowed time,' said Kenyan Muslim Updated: Apr-02-14 10:59 am
- Radical Muslim leader shot dead in Kenya Updated: Apr-01-14 5:18 pm
- Kenya police: Car bombers linked to mall plotters Updated: Mar-31-14 11:28 am
- Somali militants lose town to African Union troops Updated: Mar-26-14 12:11 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - If you have a beard or wear loose-fitting clothing associated with Muslims, you will be targeted, says Omar bin Omar as police carried out a security sweep of Somali neighborhoods amid alleged police abuses.
KAMPALA, Uganda - About 400 Ugandan troops will be deployed to Somalia under a new United Nations guard unit charged with protecting U.N. staff and installations in the violence-prone Somali capital, Ugandan military officials said.
MOGADISHU, Somalia - Gunmen inside an airport in Somalia shot and killed two consultants working for the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, the U.N. mission in the country said Monday.
NAIROBI, Kenya - The charismatic Muslim leader on Kenya's coast was certain he would be killed.
NAIROBI, Kenya - A radical Islamic leader who had been sanctioned by the United States and the United Nations for supporting an al-Qaida-linked Somali militant group was assassinated late Tuesday, his lawyer and officials said.
NAIROBI, Kenya - A Kenyan police official says two men arrested with a car bomb on Kenya's coast nearly three weeks ago were in contact with plotters of the September terrorist attack on a Nairobi mall that killed at least 67 people.
MOGADISHU, Somalia - African Union troops in Somalia say they have captured a town previously controlled by al-Shabab, extending a string of recent victories against the al-Qaida-linked militants.