- US gives $45 million to help Kenya with refugee crisis Updated: May-04-15 12:56 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - The United States said Monday it will give $45 million to help Kenya deal with an increasingly complex refugee crisis in a region long defined by Somalia's endemic violence, but where war in nearby Yemen is now creating conditions so dire that some people are even fleeing to Somalia.
- Officials: Tanzania arrests Ugandan Islamic extremist Updated: Apr-30-15 9:50 am
KAMPALA, Uganda - Ugandan officials say the fugitive leader of a Ugandan rebel group operating in eastern Congo has been arrested in Tanzania, ending years of a manhunt.
- Bill Clinton's plane makes unscheduled landing in Tanzania Updated: Apr-29-15 4:55 pm
KAMPALA, Uganda - A spokesman for Bill Clinton says a chartered plane carrying the former U.S. president had to land unexpectedly after one of its engines developed a problem during a flight over Tanzania.
- Bill Clinton begins Africa tour in Tanzania Updated: Apr-29-15 10:44 am
KAMPALA, Uganda - Former U.S. President Bill Clinton on Wednesday started his tour of Africa with in Tanzania, where he will visit projects funded by his foundation to boost agriculture, health, education and wildlife conservation.
- More people worldwide are opening bank accounts Updated: Apr-15-15 4:52 pm
NEW YORK - Africans using cellphones, older Chinese, and Indians getting a push from their government have fueled an unprecedented surge of people opening their first bank accounts.