- Africa's Deadwood: The gold rush is on in Uganda Updated: Sep-02-15 5:58 am
MUBENDE, Uganda - Â Â Â The hunt for gold takes the men 100 meters (yards) underground, past contraptions of wood and rope rigged to function like pulleys, past hard rock that they attack day and night with demolition hammers.Â When they emerge at the end of a shift, the miners carry stone samples that will be examined for the dark veins that suggest presence of gold.Â
- South Sudan leader signs peace deal amid sanctions threat Updated: Aug-26-15 4:46 pm
JUBA, South Sudan - South Sudan President Salva Kiir on Wednesday signed a peace deal with rebels, more than 20 months after the start of fighting between the army and rebels led by his former deputy.
- Burwash leads Bowling Green, Kentucky, at LLWS Updated: Aug-24-15 10:59 pm
SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pennsylvania - Eli Burwash scored the go-ahead run in the bottom of the fifth inning then earned the save pitching as Bowling Green, Kentucky, avoided elimination Monday at the Little League World Series by beating Taylors, South Carolina, 4-3.
- With many Ebola survivors ailing, doctors evaluate situation Updated: Aug-23-15 4:38 pm
DAKAR, Senegal - Lingering health problems afflicting many of the roughly 13,000 Ebola survivors have galvanized global and local health officials to find out how widespread the ailments are, and how to remedy them.
- Venezuela advances past Uganda 7-0 in LLWS Updated: Aug-23-15 1:26 pm
SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pennsylvania - Luis Castillo pitched a one-hit shutout and also hit a two-run home run as Venezuela beat Uganda 7-0 on Sunday to advance to the International winner's bracket final at the Little League World Series.
- Uganda beats Dominican Republic 4-1 in Little League WS Updated: Aug-21-15 12:45 pm
SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pennsylvania - Francis Alemo hit a two-run double and also earned the win pitching as Uganda opened the Little League World Series Friday with a 4-1 win over the Dominican Republic.
- South Sudan president to sign peace deal in days, US says Updated: Aug-19-15 3:50 pm
KAMPALA, Uganda - South Sudan President Salva Kiir has assured U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry that he would sign a peace deal with his rival within days, the State Department said Wednesday, as fighting resumed in parts of the country.
- Uganda lists 16 firms allowed to bid for new oil blocks Updated: Aug-11-15 8:02 am
KAMPALA, Uganda - The Uganda government has listed 16 international firms that are authorized to bid for oil exploration rights to six blocks of land near Uganda's border with Congo.
- Uganda's top court bans 'bride price' refund after divorce Updated: Aug-06-15 9:34 am
KAMPALA, Uganda - Uganda's top court on Thursday banned the practice of refunding bride price - normally livestock given by the groom to his bride's family - when a marriage ends in divorce.