- Uganda: Hope for oil production by 2018 after pipeline deal Updated: Apr-26-16 11:07 am
KAMPALA, Uganda - Uganda's hopes to produce crude oil by 2018 have been boosted by an agreement to build a pipeline to Tanzania's Tanga port, a government official said Tuesday.
- Kenya: Group launches case seeking to decriminalize gay sex Updated: Apr-15-16 11:36 am
KAMPALA, Uganda - A Kenyan rights group says it is going to court to decriminalize gay sexual relations between consenting adults.
- Burundi group blames police for rising disappearances Updated: Apr-13-16 2:40 pm
KAMPALA, Uganda - When security officials in Burundi show up looking for someone, they don't even have to produce an arrest warrant. And when they take a suspect away, the terrified family members left behind just hope their relative will be held at a known jail.
- Judge delays release ruling in Uganda-based counterfeiting Updated: Apr-08-16 3:36 pm
PITTSBURGH - An American deported from Uganda and charged in a massive counterfeiting scheme won't learn for a few weeks whether he'll be released from jail until he stands trial.
- Cheptegei wins Carlsbad 5000 in 13 minutes, 24 seconds Updated: Apr-03-16 10:30 pm
CARLSBAD, California - Joshua Cheptegei of Uganda held back speedy competitors to win the Carlsbad 5000 in 13 minutes, 24 seconds Sunday.
- Uganda: Court validates president's disputed re-election Updated: Mar-31-16 10:26 am
KAMPALA, Uganda - Uganda's top court dismissed a case that sought to nullify the results of a disputed presidential election, saying the long-time president was validly re-elected.