- Uganda troops kill LRA rebels in CAR Updated: Dec-01-13 11:36 am
- 5 East African states sign common currency deal Updated: Nov-30-13 4:25 pm
- Uganda: Protests after mayor of capital is ousted Updated: Nov-25-13 10:55 am
- C. African Republic: Kony wants to surrender Updated: Nov-21-13 2:56 pm
- African envoy: Reports indicate LRA's Kony is ill Updated: Nov-20-13 3:51 pm
- Mayor of Ugandan capital arrested over rally Updated: Nov-18-13 10:46 am
- Uganda trial on published gay images is postponed Updated: Nov-18-13 8:34 am
- Ugandan mayor who opposes president found guilty Updated: Nov-14-13 10:22 am
- Uganda warns that M23 Congo rebels could regroup Updated: Nov-12-13 10:16 am
KAMPALA, Uganda - A senior commander of the Lord's Resistance Army and 13 of his rebel fighters have been killed in Central African Republic, a Ugandan government official said Sunday.
KAMPALA, Uganda - The five nations in the East African Community regional economic bloc have signed an agreement to adopt a common currency.
KAMPALA, Uganda - Ugandan police say they lobbed tear gas to disperse protesters angered by the ouster of Kampala's mayor who is a fierce critic of the country's longtime president.
NAIROBI, Kenya - Central African Republic's government said Thursday that Joseph Kony, an accused war criminal hunted by African troops and U.S. advisers, is believed to be in the country's remote southeast and has been talking with the president. U.S. officials and others expressed doubt the reported talks represent a breakthrough in efforts to bring him to justice.
UNITED NATIONS - The African Union envoy in charge of pursuing the Lord's Resistance Army said Wednesday that many reports indicate its notorious leader Joseph Kony is seriously ill and on the run along the borders of Sudan's western Darfur region and the Central African Republic.
KAMPALA, Uganda - Police in Uganda have arrested the mayor of the capital city, a political opponent of the president who last week was found guilty of abuse of office.
ENTEBBE, Uganda - The trial in Uganda of a British man arrested after images of him having gay sex were published has been postponed until December.
KAMPALA, Uganda - Toronto isn't the only city whose mayor has problems. The mayor of Uganda's capital - who has locked horns with the country's powerful, long-serving president - has been found guilty of abuse of office.
KAMPALA, Uganda - A Congolese rebel group whose fighters retreated into Uganda after being hammered by U.N.-backed Congolese government forces "can still regroup," a Ugandan government spokesman said Tuesday.