- SKorea announces expanded air defense zone Updated: Dec-08-13 3:44 am
- China's import growth weakens Updated: Dec-08-13 12:17 am
- Japan seeks intl action vs. China's new air zone Updated: Dec-08-13 12:04 am
- Chinese-US school program in Wis. hits delays Updated: Dec-07-13 7:08 pm
- US vet Merrill Newman, 85, home from North Korea Updated: Dec-07-13 4:38 pm
- Few heirs apparent to Mandela's symbol of freedom Updated: Dec-07-13 11:35 am
- China seeking to export apples to US Updated: Dec-07-13 11:11 am
- Airspace zone downplayed in China-Australia talks Updated: Dec-07-13 7:11 am
- Manley takes lead in Hong Kong after 3rd round Updated: Dec-07-13 5:47 am
- North Korea deports US tourist and Korean War vet Updated: Dec-06-13 11:44 pm
- Biden praises North Korea's release of tourist Updated: Dec-06-13 11:13 pm
- Japan parliament approves contentious secrets law Updated: Dec-06-13 8:41 pm
- Chinese firm paid US gov't intelligence adviser Updated: Dec-06-13 5:08 pm
- Mandela mourned as inspiration in many struggles Updated: Dec-06-13 2:24 pm
- Markets solid after strong US jobs data Updated: Dec-06-13 12:26 pm
- Biden: Asia's growth 'a chance to bend history' Updated: Dec-06-13 11:40 am
- Smog at extremely hazardous levels in Shanghai Updated: Dec-06-13 7:01 am
- Director Zhang Yimou sued for too many children Updated: Dec-06-13 5:28 am
- Fiji's ruler clears path to elections on own terms Updated: Dec-06-13 2:01 am
- Bruce Lee jumpsuit fetches $100,000 at HK auction Updated: Dec-05-13 10:44 pm
- NYC man who smuggled rhino horns gets 3 years Updated: Dec-05-13 9:25 pm
- Biden spotlights China treatment of US journalists Updated: Dec-05-13 11:25 am
- Nicaragua canal promoter to build Ukraine ports Updated: Dec-05-13 7:47 am
- David Higgins leads Hong Kong Open by 1 shot Updated: Dec-05-13 6:12 am
- Ukraine president meets Xi seeking China's support Updated: Dec-05-13 5:47 am
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea on Sunday announced an expansion of its air defense zone following China's move to establish a similar zone that has been criticized by Beijing's neighbors.
BEIJING - China's November exports accelerated but import growth slumped in a sign the recovery of the world's second-largest economy might be slowing.
TACLOBAN, Philippines - Japan's defense minister called on the international community Sunday to oppose China's recently declared maritime air defense zone over the East China Sea and possibly over the disputed South China Sea.
PITTSVILLE, Wisconsin - A program in which a central Wisconsin high school district planned to partner with a Chinese school has been delayed due to issues with the Chinese government.
SAN FRANCISCO - A tired but smiling 85-year-old U.S. veteran detained in North Korea for several weeks returned home Saturday to applause from supporters, yellow ribbons tied to pillars outside his home and the warm embrace of his family.
The passing of Nelson Mandela leaves a waning number of global figures representing freedom and resilience against oppression - and a changing world that makes it harder for anyone to approach Mandela's iconic power.
SPOKANE, Washington - China has its sights set on exporting its fruit to the United States. And that's OK with growers in Washington, who harvest the bulk of America's apple crop.
BEIJING - Australia's foreign minister said Saturday that economic matters rather than a dispute over China's recently declared maritime air defense zone dominated talks she held with senior Chinese officials.
HONG KONG - Stuart Manley of Wales put himself in position for a first European Tour title by shooting a 4-under 66 Saturday to take a one-shot lead into the final round at the Hong Kong Open.
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea on Saturday deported an elderly U.S. tourist, apparently ending the saga of Merrill Newman's return to the North six decades after he advised South Korean guerrillas still loathed by Pyongyang.
SEOUL, South Korea - Vice President Joe Biden praised North Korea's release of an elderly U.S. tourist Saturday, but admonished the North for detaining him in the first place and called for another detained American to be swiftly released.
TOKYO - Japan's parliament approved a state secrets law that stiffens penalties for leaks by government officials and for journalists who seek such information, overriding criticism that it could be used to cover up government abuses and suppress civil liberties.
WASHINGTON - A longtime adviser to the U.S. Director of National Intelligence has resigned after the government learned he has worked since 2010 as a paid consultant for Huawei Technologies Ltd., the Chinese technology company the U.S. has condemned as an espionage threat, The Associated Press has learned.
Nelson Mandela led black South Africans in their struggle to throw off the yoke of white rule and then helped the entire nation heal the wounds of racial division.
LONDON - Global stocks rose Friday as investors welcomed forecast-busting U.S. jobs data, even though they reinforced expectations that the Federal Reserve will begin to reduce its monetary stimulus this month.
SEOUL, South Korea - Seeking to reassure wary allies, Vice President Joe Biden on Friday pushed back against those who question America's commitment to Asia, which has at times been obscured by an array of distractions at home and abroad.
SHANGHAI - Shanghai authorities ordered schoolchildren indoors and halted all construction Friday as China's financial hub suffered one of its worst bouts of air pollution, bringing visibility down to a few dozen meters, delaying flights and obscuring the city's spectacular skyline.
BEIJING - Famed Chinese film director Zhang Yimou is being sued by two lawyers for breaking China's one-child policy, in what they say is a protest against rich people flouting the rules.
SUVA, Fiji - The monsoon rains have struck and the crowd remains huddled under a canopy, near plates of steaming food, as Prime Minister Voreqe Bainimarama (vo-REN-gay ba-nee-ma-RA-ma) strolls down the red carpet to open a waterfront picnic park in Fiji's capital, Suva. News photographers scamper around him, but only after it is announced that they are invited to record the event.
HONG KONG - The yellow jumpsuit worn onscreen by martial arts legend Bruce Lee in the movie "Game of Death," his final film, has sold at a Hong Kong auction for $100,000.
NEW YORK - A New York City antiques dealer who pleaded guilty to conspiracy for smuggling artifacts made from rhinoceros horns from the U.S. to China and Hong Kong has been sentenced to three years in prison, plus three years' supervised release.
BEIJING - Casting a spotlight on China's controls on the media, Vice President Joe Biden met with U.S. journalists working in Beijing Thursday after publicly criticizing how they're treated by China's government.
BEIJING - The Chinese businessman best known for winning a contract to build a canal across Nicaragua announced he will spearhead a $3 billion joint venture to construct a deep-water port and refurbish the Sevastopol port on Ukraine's Crimean Peninsula.
HONG KONG - David Higgins shot a 6-under 64 Thursday to lead the Hong Kong Open by one shot after the first round.