- China says quality of its groundwater has worsened Updated: Apr-23-14 6:25 am
- HK, Philippines compromise over tourist deaths Updated: Apr-23-14 6:10 am
- Blair: Radicalized Islam a growing threat Updated: Apr-23-14 5:28 am
- Luxury automakers scramble to woo young Chinese Updated: Apr-23-14 4:42 am
- Asia shares mixed on lackluster China data Updated: Apr-23-14 12:10 am
- Obama visit to Asia seen as counterweight to China Updated: Apr-23-14 12:03 am
- China Mobile profit down 9.4 percent Updated: Apr-22-14 11:28 pm
- Survey: China manufacturing shrinks for 4th month Updated: Apr-22-14 11:26 pm
- Obama: US-Japan treaty applies to disputed islands Updated: Apr-22-14 11:10 pm
- No solution in sight for China shoe factory strike Updated: Apr-22-14 8:55 pm
- Yum's profit rises as KFC sales in China rebound Updated: Apr-22-14 7:16 pm
- Guangzhou, Wanderers advance to 2nd round in ACL Updated: Apr-22-14 7:11 pm
- Tesla delivers first China cars, plans expansion Updated: Apr-22-14 10:01 am
- Asia-Pacific navies sign communication agreement Updated: Apr-22-14 8:49 am
- Manila mayor off to Hong Kong to apologize Updated: Apr-21-14 11:20 pm
- Japan PM sends offering to war shrine Updated: Apr-21-14 7:16 am
- Chinese police begin carrying guns during patrols Updated: Apr-21-14 6:07 am
- Much at stake in last ACL preliminaries Updated: Apr-21-14 12:11 am
- Automakers unveil China-focused models in Beijing Updated: Apr-20-14 11:07 am
- GM boosting China production capacity to 5 million Updated: Apr-20-14 10:52 am
- Ferrari's Alonso: 'We're still in the fight' Updated: Apr-20-14 9:50 am
- Hamilton wins third straight F1 race at Chinese GP Updated: Apr-20-14 8:56 am
- Japan minister at shrine honoring war criminals Updated: Apr-19-14 10:46 pm
- Fiat and Chrysler to build 3 Jeep models in China Updated: Apr-19-14 1:38 pm
- Vettel hoping for resurgence at Chinese GP Updated: Apr-19-14 7:17 am
BEIJING - Nearly 60 percent of the groundwater at sites monitored throughout China is of poor or extremely poor quality, with excessive amounts of pollutants, according to an annual report by the Ministry of Land and Resources.
HONG KONG - Hong Kong and the Philippines reached a compromise Wednesday over Hong Kong's demands for an apology for the families of eight tourists killed in a bungled response to a 2010 Manila hostage-taking that soured relations.
LONDON - The West should set aside its differences with Russia and China to focus on the growing threat from radical Islam, Tony Blair said Wednesday, in a speech that included a call to support Egypt's military government against its Muslim Brotherhood opponents.
BEIJING - At age 32, Jason Jia already is the kind of customer luxury automakers are seeking as competition grows in China's lucrative but crowded market.
TOKYO - Shares were mixed in Asia on Wednesday, as weak data from China sapped upward momentum from an overnight rally on a flurry of deals in the pharmaceutical sector.
TOKYO - President Barack Obama's travels through Asia aim to reassure partners about the renewed U.S. commitment to the region, with an eye both to China's rising assertiveness and the fast-growing markets that are the center of gravity for global growth.
BEIJING - China Mobile Ltd., the world's biggest phone carrier by number of subscribers, said Wednesday its quarterly profit declined 9.4 percent from a year earlier despite a rise in customer numbers as spending per account declined.
HONG KONG - Factory activity in China shrank for the fourth straight month in April, though the decline was slightly slower, a survey on Wednesday said, in a possible sign the slowdown in the world's No. 2 economy is stabilizing.
TOKYO - President Barack Obama confirmed Wednesday that America's mutual security treaty with Japan applies to the islands at the center of a territorial dispute between China and Japan.
BEIJING - Workers on strike at a Chinese factory owned by the world's largest maker of athletic shoes have rejected management's latest offer in an ongoing labor dispute that is crimping production for brands such as Nike and Adidas.
NEW YORK - Yum Brands reported a higher-than-expected profit for its first quarter highlighted by a rebound in KFC sales in China, where concerns about the safety of the chain's chicken supply eased.
SYDNEY - Guangzhou Evergrande ensured its Asian Champions League title defense progressed to the knockout stages while Al Ain topped Group C after a 1-1 draw against two-time winner Al Ittihad.
BEIJING - Tesla Motors Inc. delivered its first eight electric sedans to customers in China on Tuesday and CEO Elon Musk said the company will build a nationwide network of charging stations and service centers as fast as it can.
QINGDAO, China - Naval officials from the U.S. and two dozen Asia-Pacific nations adopted an agreement Tuesday aimed at improving communication at sea to reduce the possibility of conflict amid rising friction between an increasingly assertive China and its neighbors.
MANILA, Philippines - The mayor of Manila flew to Hong Kong Tuesday to apologize to the families of eight Hong Kong tourists who were killed in a mishandled hostage taking in 2010 which soured relations between the Philippines and Hong Kong.
TOKYO - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe sent a religious offering Monday to a Tokyo shrine that honors the dead, including executed war criminals - long a source of tension with Japan's neighbors China and South Korea.
SHANGHAI - A quarter of the police in Shanghai began carrying guns during routine patrols for the first time this week as part of a China-wide boost in police firepower following a deadly mass knifing blamed on Xinjiang separatists.
SEOUL, South Korea - With so many spots still up for grabs in the knockout rounds and so many clubs in contention, the Asian Champions League is raising its profile with an intensely tight competition.
BEIJING - Ford Motor Co. on Sunday unveiled a new Escort sedan designed in China for global sale at a Beijing auto show that highlighted the growing influence of Chinese tastes on the industry.
BEIJING - The president of General Motors said Sunday that the company and local partners are boosting production capacity for GM-brand vehicles in China to 5 million.
SHANGHAI - Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso said his struggling team is "still in the fight" after he finally got on the podium for the first time this season, finishing third at the Chinese Grand Prix.
SHANGHAI - Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton captured his third straight Formula One race with ease on Sunday, leading from start to finish to win the Chinese Grand Prix.
TOKYO - A Japanese Cabinet minister on Sunday visited a Tokyo shrine that honors the dead including war criminals, in what has repeatedly caused friction with Japan's neighbors.
ROME - Fiat and Chrysler announced plans Saturday to build three new Jeep models in China for that market, the biggest for the vehicles outside the United States, as they attempt to boost sales in a country where they lag behind their competitors.
SHANGHAI - Given how he finished last season, Sebastian Vettel's start to the 2014 F1 campaign has been humbling, to say the least.