- Kobe beats Kashima 3-2 to take lead in J-League Updated: Apr-19-14 8:44 am
- White House makes economics focus of Asia trip Updated: Apr-18-14 5:43 pm
- Military scales down, modifies Guam buildup plan Updated: Apr-18-14 5:26 pm
- Japan to hunt fewer whales in Pacific this season Updated: Apr-18-14 8:43 am
- Rep. Noem joining delegation to Asia-Pacific Updated: Apr-18-14 5:06 am
- Tiny power plants hold promise for nuclear energy Updated: Apr-17-14 5:08 pm
- Chinese auto brands limp into Beijing show Updated: Apr-17-14 2:26 am
- Pohang into 2nd round in Asian Champions League Updated: Apr-16-14 3:36 pm
- Court rejects bankruptcy protection for Mt. Gox Updated: Apr-16-14 9:47 am
- Ultra-high definition TV featured at World Cup Updated: Apr-14-14 7:06 pm
- Lady Luck in World War II veteran's corner Updated: Apr-13-14 11:05 am
- Japanese Cabinet minister visits Tokyo war shrine Updated: Apr-12-14 8:04 am
- AP Analysis: Japan anti-whaling ruling saves face Updated: Apr-12-14 5:41 am
- Fliers' thoughts, from 'no fear' to 'it's scarier' Updated: Apr-12-14 2:10 am
- Japan commissioner apologizes over livelier ball Updated: Apr-11-14 6:26 am
- Hagel seeks to increase ties with Mongolia Updated: Apr-10-14 7:47 am
- Toyota gas cars get efficient engine from hybrids Updated: Apr-10-14 5:47 am
- Toyota, GM recalls push US to near-record pace Updated: Apr-09-14 5:36 pm
- Japan stem cell researcher says results valid Updated: Apr-09-14 6:55 am
- Uruguay: The small country nobody wants to face Updated: Apr-09-14 5:21 am
- 5 Japan players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-09-14 5:17 am
- Will Zaccheroni be the right man for Japan? Updated: Apr-09-14 5:14 am
- Honda, Kagawa will need to step up for Japan Updated: Apr-09-14 5:13 am
- Last chance for Didier Drogba on biggest stage Updated: Apr-09-14 5:11 am
- Arnold resigns as coach of Japan's Vegalta Sendai Updated: Apr-09-14 4:59 am
KASHIMA, Japan - Marquinhos and Keijiro Ogawa scored second-half goals as Vissel Kobe beat Kashima Antlers 3-2 to move into first place in the J-League on Saturday.
WASHINGTON - The White House is focusing President Barack Obama's upcoming Asia-Pacific trip on the economic benefits of closer ties to the region, but regional security concerns are likely to be pushed higher on the president's agenda because of the tense situation between Russia and Ukraine.
HAGATNA, Guam - The military's revised proposal for a buildup on Guam calls for less population growth and locating a Marine Corps live-fire training range on an Air Force base instead of the site of an ancient village.
TOKYO - Japan will target fewer whales when its Pacific hunt begins next week and will observe them in the Antarctic next season with the aim of resuming full-fledged commercial whaling, the fisheries minister said Friday.
WASHINGTON - South Dakota Republican Rep. Kristi Noem is headed to Asia with several other members of Congress.
PARIS - Small underground nuclear power plants that could be cheaper to build than their behemoth counterparts may herald the future for an energy industry under intense scrutiny since the Fukushima disaster, the incoming head of the Nuclear Energy Agency told The Associated Press.
BEIJING - China's automakers are the underdogs heading into next week's Beijing auto show, where foreign and domestic brands will jostle for attention in a market that is increasingly difficult for homegrown models.
OSAKA, Japan - South Korean club Pohang Steelers beat Japan's Cerezo Osaka 2-0 to secure a second-round spot in the Asian Champions League on Wednesday.
TOKYO - The Mt. Gox bitcoin exchange in Tokyo is headed for liquidation after a court rejected its bankruptcy protection application.
TOKYO - The World Cup will showcase the latest in TV technology that industry leaders hope will usher in a new era in sports broadcasting.
WATERBURY, Connecticut - Gerard Sirois Sr. figures he's a lucky man.
TOKYO - A Japanese Cabinet minister on Saturday visited a Tokyo war shrine that honors executed war criminals among others in a move that could reignite tensions with Japan's neighbors ahead of President Barack Obama's Asian tour.
TOKYO - The international court ruling against Japanese whaling last week may have given the government a convenient political out.
JAKARTA, Indonesia - The Indonesian mother of three had flown without her kids before, but this was the first time she gave her eldest a to-do list in case something happened on the flight she and her husband were taking.
TOKYO - The commissioner of Japanese baseball has apologized after random tests showed the official ball is livelier than it should be.
ULAN BATOR, Mongolia - After days of high-profile, pressure-filled meetings, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel got to horse around a bit during a short stop in Mongolia on Thursday.
TOKYO - Toyota has developed an efficient gasoline engine using technology fine-tuned with gas-electric hybrids, in which the Japanese automaker is an industry leader.
DETROIT - Big U.S. recalls by General Motors and Toyota have put the auto industry on a record pace as companies try to avoid bad publicity and punishment from an increasingly aggressive government.
TOKYO - The Japanese scientist accused of falsifying data in a widely heralded stem-cell research paper said Wednesday the results are valid despite mistakes in their presentation.
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Diego Forlan recorded a television commercial recently wearing a T-shirt that read: "We're not the favorites, nor will we be a surprise. We are the team that no one wants to draw."
TOKYO - When hiring Alberto Zaccheroni, the Japan Football Association was convinced the Italian coach's calm demeanor and European know-how was the perfect combination to take the national team to the next level at the World Cup.
TOKYO - Keisuke Honda senses a growing confidence within the Japan team, and expects it will translate into results at the World Cup.
Didier Drogba may be looking at his best chance of reaching the knockout stage in what will be the aging striker's final World Cup.
TOKYO - Former Australia coach Graham Arnold has resigned as coach of J-League side Vegalta Sendai after a winless start to the season.