- Iraq signs deal to buy South Korean fighter jets Updated: Dec-12-13 6:29 am
- SKorea court: Apple didn't violate Samsung patents Updated: Dec-12-13 1:11 am
- Online game addiction law divides SKorea Updated: Dec-11-13 7:38 am
- SKorea seeks to shakeup bloated state companies Updated: Dec-11-13 5:25 am
- Purge sends chilling message to NKorea's elite Updated: Dec-09-13 11:41 pm
- China says SKorea's expanded air zone regrettable Updated: Dec-09-13 7:28 am
- Analysis: Crises in Asia let Biden show US resolve Updated: Dec-08-13 10:04 am
- SKorea expands air defense zone after Chinese move Updated: Dec-08-13 5:56 am
- Biden visits DMZ as NKorea releases US tourist Updated: Dec-07-13 4:23 am
- North Korea deports US tourist and Korean War vet Updated: Dec-06-13 11:44 pm
- Biden praises North Korea's release of tourist Updated: Dec-06-13 11:13 pm
- US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany at World Cup Updated: Dec-06-13 9:48 pm
- Biden: Asia's growth 'a chance to bend history' Updated: Dec-06-13 11:40 am
- Biden meets with SKorea leader, pledges Asia focus Updated: Dec-05-13 11:11 pm
- Some question SKorea spy claim about Kim's uncle Updated: Dec-04-13 6:26 am
- Minn. eyes Brazil, South Korea for trade offices Updated: Dec-02-13 11:04 am
- Biden visits Asia amid Japan-SKorea's toxic ties Updated: Dec-02-13 10:43 am
- Biden to visit DMZ while in South Korea Updated: Dec-01-13 4:53 pm
- SKorean found dead at inter-Korean factory park Updated: Nov-30-13 12:22 am
- US advises carriers to comply with China air zone Updated: Nov-29-13 11:02 pm
- SKorea to start talks on joining US-led trade pact Updated: Nov-29-13 2:19 pm
- China sends warplanes into air defense zone Updated: Nov-28-13 11:49 pm
- Problems pile up in Asia for US policymakers Updated: Nov-27-13 1:34 pm
- Los Angeles museum gains painting, could lose seal Updated: Nov-26-13 7:25 pm
- LPGA's Koreans make statement with golf, English Updated: Nov-26-13 3:09 pm
BAGHDAD - Iraqi government has signed a $ 1.1 billion deal with a South Korean company to buy 24 multi-role light fighters to boost its defense capabilities.
SEOUL, South Korea - A Seoul court rejected Samsung's claim that iPhone and iPad models violated three of its patents, another setback for the South Korean electronics giant in a global battle with Apple over rights to technologies that power smartphones and tablets.
SEOUL, South Korea - A law under consideration in South Korea's parliament has sparked vociferous debate by grouping popular online games such as "StarCraft" with gambling, drugs and alcohol as an anti-social addiction the government should do more to stamp out.
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea's government said Wednesday it will tackle massive debts at inefficient state-owned companies by ending lax management and cutting excessive perks for workers.
SEOUL, South Korea - While the rest of North Korea's top brass leaped to their feet before Kim Jong Un, clapping wildly in a requisite show of respect at high-level meetings, his uncle, Jang Song Thaek, often seemed nonchalant, at times even bored. Once considered the force behind the young leader, he displayed a bold insouciance that seemed calculated to show he was beyond reach.
BEIJING - China expressed regret on Monday over South Korea's expansion of its air defense zone, which partially overlaps a similar zone declared by Beijing.
SEOUL, South Korea - As Vice President Joe Biden left for Asia on a mission to reinforce America's determination to be a major Pacific player, a regional crisis over disputed airspace threatened to drown out his message.
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea on Sunday announced an expansion of its air defense zone following China's move to establish a similar zone that has been criticized by Beijing's neighbors.
OBSERVATION POST OUELLETTE, South Korea - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden stepped foot into the no-man's land between North and South Korea on Saturday, peering out at the furtive nation hours after it released an American tourist the regime had detained for more than a month.
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea on Saturday deported an elderly U.S. tourist, apparently ending the saga of Merrill Newman's return to the North six decades after he advised South Korean guerrillas still loathed by Pyongyang.
SEOUL, South Korea - Vice President Joe Biden praised North Korea's release of an elderly U.S. tourist Saturday, but admonished the North for detaining him in the first place and called for another detained American to be swiftly released.
The U.S. drew a daunting task for next year's World Cup: difficult opponents, tropical venues and a wearying 9,000-mile zigzag journey across Brazil.
SEOUL, South Korea - Seeking to reassure wary allies, Vice President Joe Biden on Friday pushed back against those who question America's commitment to Asia, which has at times been obscured by an array of distractions at home and abroad.
SEOUL, South Korea - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden declared Friday that America's pledge to expand its Asian footprint shouldn't be doubted as he met with South Korean President Park Geun-hye.
SEOUL, South Korea - It's intriguing news: the claim by South Korea's spy agency that North Korean leader Kim Jong Un probably sacked the country's second-most-powerful official - his uncle. But the first question is, is it true?
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Brazil and South Korea are the latest countries where Minnesota officials are preparing to open trade offices, according to advertisements posted Monday that seek contractors to set up the outposts.
SEOUL, South Korea - When South Korean fans at a soccer game against Japan unfurled two massive banners honoring men considered national heroes for battling Japanese invaders, organizers took them down, Tokyo grumbled - and South Koreans cheered yet another sign of defiance against their former colonizer.
WASHINGTON - Vice President Joe Biden is preparing to visit the Demilitarized Zone, the heavily armed border between South Korea and North Korea.
SEOUL, South Korea - A South Korean man was found dead Saturday at a jointly-run factory park in North Korea, officials said.
BEIJING - The United States advised U.S. carriers to comply with China's demand that it be told of any flights passing through its new maritime air defense zone over the East China Sea, an area where Beijing said it launched two fighter planes to investigate a dozen American and Japanese reconnaissance and military flights.
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea said Friday it will start negotiations to join a U.S.-led trade pact covering a dozen Pacific and Asian nations.
BEIJING - China said it sent warplanes into its newly declared maritime air defense zone days after the U.S., South Korea and Japan all sent flights through the airspace in broadening defiance of rules Beijing says it has imposed over the East China Sea.
WASHINGTON - While the Obama administration is making diplomatic progress on some of the Mideast's thorniest security issues, problems are piling up in Asia, a region that President Barack Obama had wanted to play a bigger part in American foreign policy.
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles County Museum of Art has welcomed the donation of a Baroque-era painting that was stolen in Italy by Nazis during World War II, but it could be losing a royal seal that may have been taken from a shrine in Seoul as the Korean War wound down.
NAPLES, Florida - This kind of conversation was rare five years ago on the LPGA Tour. For starters, it involved Vin Scully.