- Classmates celebrating 60th birthday among missing Updated: Apr-17-14 6:01 am
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry Updated: Apr-17-14 5:37 am
- Pohang into 2nd round in Asian Champions League Updated: Apr-16-14 3:36 pm
- US declines to name China a currency manipulator Updated: Apr-15-14 8:18 pm
- Washington state auditor deployed to South Korea Updated: Apr-14-14 6:05 pm
- Japanese Cabinet minister visits Tokyo war shrine Updated: Apr-12-14 8:04 am
- Fliers' thoughts, from 'no fear' to 'it's scarier' Updated: Apr-12-14 2:10 am
- Son and Co. aiming to enhance South Korea's status Updated: Apr-11-14 6:08 am
- 5 South Korea players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-11-14 6:08 am
- Hong aiming for knockout round as player and coach Updated: Apr-11-14 6:08 am
- South Koreans crave Asia's smelliest fish Updated: Apr-09-14 1:58 am
- Samsung's profit falls as smartphones get cheaper Updated: Apr-08-14 4:01 am
- Institute: Water woes endanger NKorea reactor Updated: Apr-07-14 6:20 pm
- Australia, Japan agree on free trade deal Updated: Apr-07-14 7:11 am
- North Korea says US 'hell-bent on regime change' Updated: Apr-04-14 10:50 pm
- Suspected NKorean drones crude, reflect new threat Updated: Apr-04-14 6:36 am
- SKorea saves 3 NKorea sailors; 2 dead, 11 missing Updated: Apr-04-14 2:08 am
- US, Japan, SKorea nuclear envoys to discuss NKorea Updated: Apr-03-14 10:39 am
- Old habits at Samsung, LG embarrass them abroad Updated: Apr-03-14 4:40 am
- Japan-Korea tussle over history spreads to US Updated: Apr-02-14 11:51 am
- Jeonbuk Motors beats Guangzhou Evergrande 1-0 Updated: Apr-02-14 10:03 am
- SKorea suspects 2 crashed drones from North Korea Updated: Apr-02-14 5:25 am
- Asian Games organizers ask IOC to bring in NKorea Updated: Apr-01-14 7:23 am
- SKorea sex change doc: I correct 'God's mistakes' Updated: Apr-01-14 6:20 am
- China soldiers remains return 6 decades after war Updated: Mar-28-14 1:25 am
MOKPO, South Korea - Kim Jeong-keun woke up on his cabin bed to find out his friends had smeared lipstick on his face while he had been asleep, a prank harking back to their school days.
MOKPO, South Korea - An immediate evacuation order was not issued for the ferry that sank off South Korea's southern coast, likely with scores of people trapped inside, because officers on the bridge were trying to stabilize the vessel after it started to list amid confusion and chaos, a crew member said Thursday.
OSAKA, Japan - South Korean club Pohang Steelers beat Japan's Cerezo Osaka 2-0 to secure a second-round spot in the Asian Champions League on Wednesday.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is raising concern about the value of China's currency but is declining, as in recent years, to accuse Beijing of manipulating it.
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington State Auditor Troy Kelley is in South Korea on a two-week military deployment.
TOKYO - A Japanese Cabinet minister on Saturday visited a Tokyo war shrine that honors executed war criminals among others in a move that could reignite tensions with Japan's neighbors ahead of President Barack Obama's Asian tour.
JAKARTA, Indonesia - The Indonesian mother of three had flown without her kids before, but this was the first time she gave her eldest a to-do list in case something happened on the flight she and her husband were taking.
SEOUL, South Korea - Son Heung-min is part of a new wave of players aiming to enhance South Korea's status at the World Cup, no longer content with merely being Asia's most successful performer on football's biggest stage.
SEOUL, South Korea - With plenty of European-based talent, South Korea has players with top-level experience and the quality to makes things happen on the field.
SEOUL, South Korea - Hong Myong-bo is already regarded as one of Asia's greatest players. If the 45-year-old former South Korea captain can guide his national team to the knockout stage of the World Cup, it will be a significant step to becoming one of the continent's best ever coaches, too.
MOKPO, South Korea - The aroma of one of South Korea's most popular delicacies is regularly compared to rotting garbage and filthy bathrooms. And that's by fans.
SEOUL, South Korea - Declining smartphone prices hit profit at Samsung Electronics Co. for a second straight quarter.
WASHINGTON - North Korea may have temporarily shut down a plutonium reactor earlier this year as it grappled with water supply problems that could threaten the safety of its nuclear complex, a U.S. research institute said Monday.
TOKYO - Japan and Australia have agreed on a free trade deal that both sides say will yield windfalls for their economies.
UNITED NATIONS - North Korea on Friday accused the United States of being "hell-bent on regime change" and warned that any maneuvers with that intention will be viewed as a "red line" that will result in countermeasures.
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korean experts say two small drones believed to have been flown across the border by the North were crude and decidedly low-tech - equipped with cameras available on the Internet for hundreds of dollars - but underscore a potential new threat that must be taken seriously.
SEOUL, South Korea - Rescuers recovered the bodies of two North Korean sailors, pulled three survivors and were searching for 11 others missing after their cargo ship sank off South Korea's coast early Friday, the coast guard said.
WASHINGTON - Envoys of the U.S., Japan and South Korea will meet in Washington next week to discuss North Korea's nuclear program.
SEOUL, South Korea - When Samsung unveiled a new smartphone at the storied Radio City Music Hall, the Broadway-style spectacle was memorable not for technology but for a cast of giggling female characters who fantasized about marrying a doctor, fretted about eating too much cake, and needed a man's help to understand how to work the phone.
WASHINGTON - All politics is local, the saying goes. But in some American cities, local politics has gone international, with city governments finding themselves caught in historical disputes between two close U.S. allies: Japan and South Korea.
JEONJU, South Korea - Leonardo scored the lone goal as South Korean club Jeonbuk Motors beat China's Guangzhou Evergrande 1-0 in the Asian Champions League on Wednesday.
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korean officials said Wednesday they suspect that two unmanned drones that crashed recently near the border with rival North Korea were flown by the North on possible surveillance missions.
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korean organizers of the Asian Games have asked the International Olympic Committee to urge North Korea to enter more athletes.
BUSAN, South Korea - As Dr. Kim Seok-Kwun begins surgery to create a functioning penis for a Buddhist monk who was born female, he is well aware of the unease his work creates in this deeply conservative country. The devout Protestant known as the "father of South Korean transgender people" once wrestled with similar feelings.
BEIJING - The remains of 437 Chinese soldiers killed in the Korean War returned home Friday, more than 60 years after an armistice ended the fighting.