- Premier: Serbia ready to reduce dependence on Russian gas Updated: May-28-15 4:49 am
TIRANA, Albania - In a major policy shift, the Serbian prime minister said his country will accept U.S. calls to reduce dependency on Russian gas by adding an American-backed pipeline that would bring gas to Europe from Azerbaijan.
- Serbian prime minister makes landmark visit to Albania Updated: May-27-15 2:37 pm
TIRANA, Albania - The leaders of Serbia and Albania sought to mend their thorny relations Wednesday during the first visit to Albania by a Serb prime minister.
- Moldovan president: We prefer European Union orbit to Russia Updated: May-26-15 1:54 pm
TIRANA, Albania - Moldova's 4 million citizens would prefer to join the European Union rather than stay in the Russian orbit, its president said Tuesday.
- Balkan foes find common ground in bid to join 28-nation EU Updated: May-22-15 12:20 pm
TIRANA, Albania - Foreign ministers and senior diplomats from several Balkan countries - many with troubled relations stemming from wars in the 1990s - met Friday in the Albanian capital of Tirana to try and advance each others' bids to join the European Union.
- World Bank to lend Albania up to $1.2 billion over 5 years Updated: May-22-15 8:50 am
TIRANA, Albania - The World Bank has agreed to lend Albania up to $1.2 billion (1.08 billion euros) to support its public finances and invest in infrastructure.
- Albania says could block Macedonia's NATO bid Updated: May-20-15 10:19 am
TIRANA, Albania - Albanian Prime Minister Edi Rama warned on Wednesday that his country could block Macedonia's bid to join NATO unless it improves its record on respecting the rights of the country's ethnic Albanian minority.
- Albania hosts security summit on extremist recruitment Updated: May-19-15 9:34 am
TIRANA, Albania - Security officials from the western Balkans and several European Union countries were meeting in Albania Tuesday as part of a U.S. government initiative to fight European recruitment by violent Islamic groups to fight in Iraq and Syria.
- AP Interview: Clashes show Macedonian border is vulnerable Updated: May-15-15 2:22 pm
SKOPJE, Macedonia - Macedonia's foreign minister on Friday dismissed allegations that a recent battle between ethnic Albanian gunmen and police forces was linked with one of the deepest political crises the country has faced in its 24 years of independence.
- Turkey's Erdogan calls on Europe to welcome more migrants Updated: May-13-15 9:51 am
TIRANA, Albania - Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan called on Europe Wednesday to take in more migrants and refugees from Syria and Iraq, saying his own country has borne the brunt of the refugee crisis and has been sheltering about 2 million people.
- Albania sees tourism for island with military past Updated: May-12-15 7:36 am
SAZAN, Albania - This summer Albania plans to debut what it hopes will become a new selfie spot for tourists: Sazan Island, a former military base that still has bunkers and tunnels designed to withstand nuclear attack.
- Albania to open files of former Communist secret police Updated: Apr-30-15 3:58 pm
TIRANA, Albania - Albania has passed legislation that gives victims of the country's former Communist regime access to the previously classified files of the hated Sigurimi secret police.