- Germany backs Albania with loans, grants worth 107.5M euros Updated: Jul-06-15 12:59 pm
TIRANA, Albania - Two days before German Chancellor Angela Merkel's visit to Tirana, the German government has signed six loans and grants worth a total of 107.5 million euros (US$119.3 million) to promote Albania's energy and water supply sectors.
- Albania police arrest 2 more suspects in policeman's slaying Updated: Jun-28-15 4:22 am
TIRANA, Albania - Albanian police have arrested two suspects considered to be the leaders of the armed group that fatally shot one policeman and wounded two others this week.
- 14 arrested, 7 more sought in Albanian marijuana village Updated: Jun-25-15 11:42 am
LAZARAT, Albania - Hundreds of Albanian police arrested suspects and checked houses Thursday in a southern marijuana-growing village a day after gunmen fatally shot one policeman and wounded two others.
- Rebel flag controversy 1 in long line of disputes worldwide Updated: Jun-23-15 5:45 pm
BERLIN - Around the world, countries have long struggled with questions about flags similar to those faced by South Carolina, which is under pressure to remove a Confederate flag from its statehouse in the wake of the shootings that killed nine people at a historic black church.
- Socialist-led coalition wins town hall elections in Albania Updated: Jun-23-15 1:49 pm
TIRANA, Albania - A coalition led by the governing Socialist Party has won three-fourths of mayoral elections in Albania, seen as a possible step toward improving its bid to launch membership negotiations with the European Union.
- 3rd defeat in 4 games for France after 1-0 loss in Albania Updated: Jun-13-15 4:08 pm
ELBASAN, Albania - France lost for the third time in four matches when it fell in Albania 1-0 in a listless performance on Saturday.
- CAS sets target for Serbia, Albania Euro 2016 case verdicts Updated: Jun-12-15 12:03 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - A court ruling for appeals filed by the Serbian and Albanian football federation against UEFA sanctions after their European Championship qualifier was abandoned is expected by July 10.
- Italian businessman wanted in Albania fraud probe Updated: Jun-08-15 4:32 pm
TIRANA, Albania - Albanian authorities have issued arrest warrants for an Italian businessman, his mother, and two associates, accused of fraud-related offenses and money laundering over a failed hydroelectric scheme that allegedly cost the government tens of millions of euros in grants and unpaid taxes.