- Local Armenian families in Andover remember genocide Updated: May-02-15 10:25 am
ANDOVER, Massachusetts - Four generations of Susan Hazarvartian's family know the story of Verjene Masherejian.
- Olympic weightlifter Vardan Militosyan dies at 64 Updated: Apr-30-15 8:39 am
YEREVAN, Armenia - Vardan Militosyan, an Olympic silver medalist and two-time European champion weightlifter for the Soviet Union, has died. He was 64.
- Armenian-American judge marks WWI-era killings Updated: Apr-25-15 10:35 am
CHICAGO - A federal judge in Chicago has marked the centennial of the start of the mass killings of Armenians by Ottoman Turks.
- Turkey's Erdogan slams nations recognizing Armenian genocide Updated: Apr-25-15 9:34 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's president has lashed out at country leaders who have recognized the killings of Armenians by Ottoman Turks as genocide on the centenary of the massacres.
- Huge Los Angeles march commemorates Armenian killings Updated: Apr-24-15 6:44 pm
LOS ANGELES - Tens of thousands of people marched in Los Angeles on Friday to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the killings of an estimated 1.5 million Armenians during the Ottoman Empire, and to press for recognition by Turkey and U.S. that it was genocide.
- Armenia marks centennial of killing of 1.5 million Updated: Apr-24-15 4:44 pm
YEREVAN, Armenia - The presidents of Russia and France joined other leaders Friday at ceremonies commemorating the massacre of Armenians a century ago by Ottoman Turks, an event which still stirs bitter feelings as both sides argue over whether to call it genocide.
- Chicago Armenians mark centennial of genocide of 1.5M Updated: Apr-24-15 4:23 pm
CHICAGO - Chicagoans of Armenian descent and others have rallied to commemorate the deaths 100 years ago of an estimated 1.5 million Armenians by Ottoman Turks and to call for U.S. recognition that it was genocide.
- France still undecided about delivery of warship to Russia Updated: Apr-24-15 12:01 pm
YEREVAN, Armenia - French President Francois Hollande says he has still not decided on whether France will deliver a Mistral-class warship to Russia amid growing speculation that he could choose to refund it.
- Erdogan: Turkey's ancestors never committed genocide Updated: Apr-23-15 9:13 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - On the eve of the day marking the centenary of the Ottoman massacres of Armenians, Turkey's president said Thursday his nation's ancestors never committed genocide.
- Obama avoids describing Armenian massacre as 'genocide' Updated: Apr-23-15 8:52 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is pledging solidarity with Armenians but isn't calling what happened to them 100 years ago "genocide."
- Israel grapples with whether to recognize Armenian genocide Updated: Apr-22-15 8:16 am
JERUSALEM - The Nazi genocide of European Jews is widely commemorated in Israel and etched deeply into the psyche of a country founded in the Holocaust's aftermath. But when it comes to the 1915 Armenian genocide, Israel has largely stayed silent.
- Turkey lashes out at pope, EU over Armenia genocide comments Updated: Apr-15-15 4:25 pm
ISTANBUL - Turkey was on the defensive Wednesday, lashing out at both Pope Francis and the European Union's legislature for their descriptions of the Ottoman-era killing of Armenians as genocide.
- UN chief: 1915 slaughters of Armenians are 'atrocity crimes' Updated: Apr-13-15 6:37 pm
- EU urges Turkey, Armenia to normalize ties amid massacre row Updated: Apr-13-15 9:25 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union is urging Turkey and Armenia to normalize ties after remarks by Pope Francis fueled their long-running row over the slaughter of Armenians by Ottoman Turks 100 years ago.
- Turkey recalls ambassador over pope's Armenia genocide words Updated: Apr-12-15 4:22 pm
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis on Sunday marked the 100th anniversary of the slaughter of Armenians by calling the massacre by Ottoman Turks "the first genocide of the 20th century" and urging the international community to recognize it as such. Turkey immediately responded by recalling its ambassador and accusing Francis of spreading hatred and "unfounded claims."
- Kardashian's church visit ruffles Armenian bishop Updated: Apr-11-15 2:24 pm
YEREVAN, Armenia - On a visit to Armenia, Kim Kardashian has seen that stardom's privileges have limits.
- 2 Armenian oppositionists charged with organizing unrest Updated: Apr-09-15 4:58 pm
YEREVAN, Armenia - Two leaders of an Armenian opposition group have been charged with attempts to organize mass disorder.