- Spain coach Del Bosque picks 2 newcomers for squad Updated: May-26-15 9:56 am
MADRID - Spain coach Vicente del Bosque has included two newcomers in his squad for upcoming internationals against Costa Rica and Belarus.
- EU embrace of eastern partners turns lukewarm Updated: May-22-15 10:32 am
RIGA, Latvia - The European Union reaffirmed its partnership with six post-Soviet nations Friday but offered them no new prospects of future membership in the Western bloc at a summit overshadowed by the Ukraine crisis.
- Belarus delegation makes 2nd trip to North Dakota in 1 year Updated: May-21-15 6:13 am
FARGO, North Dakota - A group of government and business leaders from Belarus is touring North Dakota this week to talk about trade.
- US's Nuland meets with Russians to back Ukraine cease-fire Updated: May-18-15 2:02 pm
MOSCOW - The United States wants to help solidify a shaky cease-fire and support efforts to resolve political and humanitarian concerns in Ukraine's rebellious east, a top U.S. diplomat said Monday after meeting with Russian counterparts.
- Slovakia, Swiss to host ice hockey worlds in 2019, 2020 Updated: May-15-15 7:38 am
PRAGUE - The International Ice Hockey Federation says Slovakia will host the 2019 world championship and Switzerland the following year.
- Chinese leader in Belarus to sign multibillion dollar deals Updated: May-10-15 2:19 pm
MINSK, Belarus - Chinese President Xi Jinping traveled Sunday to Belarus for a three-day trip to sign deals worth billions of dollars as Beijing looks to build greater inroads into Europe's economy.
- US and Russian servicemen march together in Belarus on V-Day Updated: May-09-15 6:47 am
MINSK, Belarus - U.S. servicemen have marched together with Russian soldiers in the Victory Day parade in Belarus.
- Poland marks 70th anniversary of end of WWII Updated: May-07-15 7:23 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's president led international commemorations late Thursday and into Friday marking the 70th anniversary of the end of World War II, a gathering meant as an alternative celebration to Moscow's Red Square parade this weekend.
- Belarus requires the idle to pay for not working Updated: May-06-15 2:36 pm
MINSK, Belarus - Under a new measure in Belarus, people who work less than half the year will have to pay the government for their idleness.
- Sidney Crosby to lead Canada at hockey worlds Updated: Apr-30-15 6:20 am
PRAGUE - Unlike previous editions, this year's hockey world championship is bringing out the best.
- Ukraine says radiation levels not affected by Chernobyl fire Updated: Apr-29-15 5:58 am
KIEV, Ukraine - There has been no change in background radiation levels in the Ukrainian capital as a result of nighttime fires in woodlands in the exclusion zone around the destroyed Chernobyl nuclear power plant, Ukrainian authorities said Wednesday.
- Polish border guards refuse entry for 10 Russian bikers Updated: Apr-27-15 2:44 pm
TERESPOL, Poland - Polish border guards on Monday blocked 10 nationalistic Russian bikers loyal to President Vladimir Putin from entering Poland as part of a ride to commemorate the Red Army's victory over Nazi Germany 70 years ago.