- 5 Ukrainian troops killed as cease-fire teeters on brink Updated: May-06-15 8:49 am
KIEV, Ukraine - Five Ukrainian government troops battling separatist forces in the east have been killed in one of the worst single days of bloodshed since a cease-fire was declared in February, military officials said Wednesday.
- Slovakia strike late for 3rd win at worlds Updated: May-05-15 5:39 pm
PRAGUE - Slovakia struck late to overcome Slovenia 3-1 for its third victory at the ice hockey world championship and France ended a two-game losing streak with a 2-0 win over Austria on Tuesday.
- Sidney Crosby to lead Canada at hockey worlds Updated: Apr-30-15 6:20 am
PRAGUE - Unlike previous editions, this year's hockey world championship is bringing out the best.
- Ukraine says radiation levels not affected by Chernobyl fire Updated: Apr-29-15 5:58 am
KIEV, Ukraine - There has been no change in background radiation levels in the Ukrainian capital as a result of nighttime fires in woodlands in the exclusion zone around the destroyed Chernobyl nuclear power plant, Ukrainian authorities said Wednesday.
- Polish border guards refuse entry for 10 Russian bikers Updated: Apr-27-15 2:44 pm
TERESPOL, Poland - Polish border guards on Monday blocked 10 nationalistic Russian bikers loyal to President Vladimir Putin from entering Poland as part of a ride to commemorate the Red Army's victory over Nazi Germany 70 years ago.
- Belarus hockey player Mikhail Stefanovich banned for doping Updated: Apr-27-15 6:08 am
MOSCOW - A Belarusian hockey player who was once part of the Toronto Maple Leafs organization has been banned for a doping violation.
- Russian bikers begin run despite Polish entry ban Updated: Apr-25-15 11:43 am
MOSCOW - Riders from a Russian nationalist motorcycle group on Saturday began their run commemorating the Red Army's offensive against Nazi Germany, despite Poland's announcement that it would refuse to let them into the country.
- Jagr returns from retirement to play for Czechs at worlds Updated: Apr-24-15 3:36 pm
PRAGUE - Star forward Jaromir Jagr is coming out of international retirement to play for the Czech Republic at the upcoming world championship in his native country.
- Russia, Ukraine agree on withdrawal of smaller caliber arms Updated: Apr-13-15 7:14 pm
BERLIN - Russia and Ukraine agreed Monday to call for the pullback of smaller caliber weapons from the front lines in eastern Ukraine as part of a fresh push to end the region's yearlong conflict.
- 4 foreign ministers to discuss Ukraine in Berlin Monday Updated: Apr-09-15 8:32 am
BERLIN - Germany's foreign minister has invited his counterparts from Russia, Ukraine and France to Berlin Monday to discuss implementation of the peace agreement brokered in Minsk, Belarus in February.