- Editorial: Ukraine needs help turning toward the West Updated: Dec-10-13 4:20 pm
- Ukraine's east still backs closer ties with Russia Updated: Dec-09-13 12:54 pm
- Thousands in Moldova rally against EU ties Updated: Nov-23-13 12:17 pm
- Editorial: Russia tries to force Ukraine to turn away from... Updated: Nov-22-13 6:21 pm
- Uralkali CEO freed in Belarus prior to extradition Updated: Nov-21-13 1:36 pm
- Belarusian protester jailed for 5 days for T-shirt Updated: Nov-15-13 12:05 pm
The Ukrainian government of Viktor Yanukovich is at a crossroads, and the European Union, with U.S. help, must make it easy for him to make the right decision.
YENAKIYEVO, Ukraine - In the Ukrainian president's eastern hometown, the buildings are grimy with black soot from the surrounding coal mines. The air is thick with pollutants. The men here die young, sometimes from industrial accidents.
CHISINAU, Moldova - Thousands of Moldovans rallied Saturday against closer ties with the European Union, claiming that Russia and Belarus better serve the former Soviet republic's interests.
In their wilder fantasies, Ukrainian democrats surely fantasize about moving their county to a location with better weather, better scenery and most of all without Russia as an immediate neighbor.
MINSK, Belarus - Belarusian authorities on Thursday released the chief executive of Russia's largest potash company, who had been jailed on charges of harming the Belarusian economy, his lawyer said.
MINSK, Belarus - An opposition protester arrested in Belarus for wearing a T-shirt criticizing authoritarian President Alexander Lukashenko was freed on Friday after spending five days in jail.