- Barcelona looks to reach next round of Champions League Updated: Nov-23-15 7:17 am
MADRID - Still savoring its memorable win against Real Madrid, Barcelona returns home to face Roma on Tuesday with a chance to reach the knockout stage of the Champions League.
- Rostelecom Cup Results Updated: Nov-21-15 1:41 pm
MOSCOW - Results Saturday from the Rostelecom Cup stage of the ISU Grand Prix series:
- Belarusian man is sentenced to death on murder charges Updated: Nov-20-15 1:49 pm
MINSK, Belarus - A man has been sentenced to death on charges of murder in Belarus, the only nation in Europe that still has capital punishment.
- Ukraine says 1 solider killed, 5 wounded in separatist raids Updated: Nov-11-15 9:34 am
MINSK, Belarus - Ukraine says a soldier has been killed and five others wounded in separatist attacks in eastern Ukraine and that a rise in violence is threatening the region's delicate truce.
- Belarus' Lukashenko rejects calls for economic reforms Updated: Nov-06-15 8:02 am
MINSK, Belarus - At his swearing-in ceremony Friday, Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko rejected calls for economic reforms, shattering hopes for a liberalization inspired by the release of political prisoners and a rapprochement with the West.
- Lithuanian sentenced to prison for spying for Belarus Updated: Nov-05-15 4:29 am
VILNIUS, Lithuania - A Lithuanian court has sentenced a former employee of the country's air traffic control service to three years and three months in prison after finding him guilty of spying for Belarus.
- Murder suspected after Olympic sprinter Balykina disappears Updated: Nov-03-15 12:03 pm
MINSK, Belarus - A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder in the disappearance of former Olympic sprinter Yulia Balykina of Belarus.
- Victims of Soviet repressions remembered in memorial Updated: Oct-29-15 3:45 pm
MOSCOW - On the square outside the former headquarters of the KGB in Moscow, Russians on Thursday read the names of victims of political killings in Soviet times in a 12-hour-long ceremony.
- EU suspends sanctions against Belarus for 4 months Updated: Oct-29-15 1:34 pm
BRUSSELS - The European Union has suspended sanctions against Belarus following smooth elections there and the government's decision to release political prisoners.