- Putin uses carrot and stick to dominate neighbors Updated: Mar-06-14 10:31 am
- Relay concludes women's biathlon at Sochi Olympics Updated: Feb-20-14 6:21 pm
- AP reporter witnesses carnage in Ukrainian capital Updated: Feb-20-14 6:01 pm
- Another gold for Belarus in aerials at Olympics Updated: Feb-17-14 3:54 pm
- Domracheva wins 3rd Olympic biathlon gold medal Updated: Feb-17-14 1:26 pm
- Domracheva eyes 3rd straight Olympic biathlon gold Updated: Feb-16-14 5:42 pm
- Peterson's spirit lives on in men's aerials Updated: Feb-16-14 5:31 pm
- Tsuper wins gold, while an Aussie makes history Updated: Feb-14-14 4:21 pm
- SOCHI SCENE: Belarus' big haul Updated: Feb-14-14 2:55 pm
- Domracheva wins 2nd biathlon gold at Sochi Games Updated: Feb-14-14 12:48 pm
- Domracheva wins Olympic gold in 10K pursuit Updated: Feb-11-14 1:10 pm
- How Russia hits back at slights over WWII victory Updated: Feb-10-14 10:55 am
MOSCOW - As a counterweight to the European Union, Russia's Vladimir Putin is pursuing an ambitious dream rooted in memories of Soviet glory: The Eurasian Union.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Darya Domracheva and Olga Zaitseva are chasing Olympic biathlon records in the 4x6-kilometer relay on Friday, the final women's event of the Sochi Games.
KIEV, Ukraine - I heard a strange clanking sound this morning in my hotel room overlooking the Ukrainian capital's main square. I carefully opened the balcony door and looked down. A bullet from a sniper rifle was on the floor of the balcony.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - This was a high five Anton Kushnir will never forget.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Darya Domracheva is so light-footed on her skis, her rivals have started comparing her with a dancer.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Darya Domracheva of Belarus is aiming for her third straight gold medal in Monday's final individual biathlon competition of the Sochi Olympics.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Emily Cook still carries a picture of longtime U.S. aerials teammate Jeret "Speedy" Peterson in her pocket. Nearly three years after the charismatic but troubled skier's suicide, Peterson's pioneering spirit looms over his sport.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Lydia Lassila already has a gold medal sitting back home in Australia.
SOCHI, Russia - It's time to party in Minsk.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Darya Domracheva's unmatched pace at skiing Friday earned her a second gold medal of the Sochi Olympics, and this time she wasn't the only Belarusian on the podium.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Darya Domracheva's dream to be a flag bearer for Belarus at the Sochi Olympics has come true, just four days after she turned down a chance to carry the red and green flag in the games' opening ceremony.
MOSCOW - The Sochi Winter Olympics are making Russians beam with pride. But while the opening ceremony left out World War II at the behest of international Olympic organizers, Russia's role in defeating Nazi Germany is still one of the nation's proudest moments, as some have found out the hard way.