- Bosnia: Explosive device thrown at police station Updated: Nov-24-15 5:12 am
SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina - Authorities say an explosive device was thrown at the police station in the northern Bosnian town of Zavidovici but caused minimal damage and no casualties.
- After 2 decades of peace, Bosnians want more Updated: Nov-21-15 10:21 am
SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina - The peace agreement that ended Bosnia's war two decades ago is still admired as an example of post-conflict peace building, but Bosnians say it became a straitjacket that prevents them from building a functional state.
- In Ohio, Bill Clinton stresses importance of public service Updated: Nov-19-15 7:28 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Former President Bill Clinton on Thursday stressed the importance that public service will play in an increasingly interdependent world.
- Bosnia investigating terrorism in killing of soldiers Updated: Nov-19-15 1:19 pm
SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina - The gunman who killed two soldiers in Sarajevo was a drug addict and robber who glorified the Islamic State in his diary, Bosnian officials said Thursday.
- Bosnia arrests 3 for war crimes, including a police official Updated: Nov-17-15 6:28 am
SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina - Bosnian authorities have arrested a police commissioner, a lawyer and a third Muslim Bosnian suspected of having committed crimes against Bosnian Serb civilians during the 1992-95 war.
- Ireland reaches Euro 2016 with 2-0 win over Bosnia Updated: Nov-16-15 6:12 pm
DUBLIN - Ireland qualified for next year's European Championship on Monday as Jonathan Walters returned from suspension to score both goals in a 2-0 victory over Bosnia-Herzegovina and secure a 3-1 aggregate win in their playoff.
- Paris attacks reaction: Nordic governments condemn attacks Updated: Nov-14-15 5:50 am
PARIS - World leaders are reacting to the deadliest violence to strike France since World War II. Some of their comments:
- Bosnia draws 1-1 with Ireland in 1st leg of Euro playoff Updated: Nov-13-15 6:09 pm
ZENICA, Bosnia-Herzegovina - Edin Dzeko equalized in the 85th minute to salvage a 1-1 draw for Bosnia-Herzegovina against Ireland in the first leg of their playoff for next year's European Championship.
- Serbia donates $5.4 million to massacre town Srebrenica Updated: Nov-11-15 9:50 am
SREBRENICA, Bosnia-Herzegovina - Serbia's prime minister said Wednesday his country is donating 5 million euros ($5.4 million) to rejuvenate the Bosnian town of Srebrenica, where Serbs slaughtered 8,000 Muslim men and boys during the war 20 years ago.
- Bosnian court jails Islamic State recruiter for 7 years Updated: Nov-05-15 7:22 am
SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina - A Bosnian court on Thursday sent an Islamic State supporter to jail for seven years for encouraging, organizing and recruiting volunteers for extremist activities in Syria.
- Bosnia and Serbia hold first joint session of governments Updated: Nov-04-15 9:21 am
SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina - Seeking to improve their relations and contribute to the stabilization of the Western Balkans, the Bosnian and Serbian governments on Wednesday held their first joint session since their conflict started 25 years during the dissolution of Yugoslavia.
- Pope still hopes to go to Central African Republic Updated: Nov-01-15 9:56 am
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis expressed hope Sunday he can still visit the Central African Republic this month despite what he called a worrisome flare-up of violence in that conflict-torn country.