- Bosnian Serb convicted in Srebrenica genocide dies in cell Updated: Feb-09-16 8:41 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - A Bosnian Serb general convicted by United Nations judges of genocide in the 1995 Srebrenica massacre and described as the "right hand" of Ratko Mladic has died in his cell, the Yugoslav war crimes tribunal announced Tuesday.
- Bosnian first-graders reach out to deaf schoolmate Updated: Feb-07-16 6:44 am
SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina - When Mirzana Coralic asked the primary school in her Sarajevo neighborhood whether they would enroll her deaf son, teacher Sanela Ljumanovic volunteered without thinking much about it.
- Police arrest woman for infanticide; 3 men for abuse Updated: Jan-26-16 11:25 am
SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina - Police in Bosnia say they have arrested a woman suspected of killing babies born to her mentally disabled daughter. Three men who allegedly fathered the babies were also arrested.
- Bosnia to apply for EU membership in February Updated: Jan-26-16 9:09 am
SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina - After years of lingering behind its neighbors on the path to EU membership, Bosnia's president has announced his country will apply for EU membership in mid-February.
- Bosnian police arrests media mogul and former minister Updated: Jan-25-16 10:31 am
SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina - Bosnian police have arrested a Bosnian media mogul and former security minister who is under suspicion of obstructing justice.
- Bill Johnson, brash Olympic downhill champion, dies at 55 Updated: Jan-22-16 1:47 pm
Bill Johnson craved speed - the faster, the better. He stole cars as a kid, got in trouble for it and was ordered by a judge to make a choice: Ski school or jail.