- Pelle leads Italy to 1-0 win over Malta again in qualifying Updated: Sep-03-15 5:14 pm
FLORENCE, Italy - Graziano Pelle saved Italy from embarrassment against Malta again, securing a 1-0 win against the 160th-ranked opponent to put the Azzurri in command of their European Championship qualifying group on Thursday.
- 11 Bulgarian weightlifters lose appeals against doping bans Updated: Sep-01-15 6:06 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The Court of Arbitration for Sport has dismissed appeals by 11 Bulgarian weightlifters against their doping bans, meaning they will miss the upcoming world championships in Houston.
- Poland to service Bulgaria's Soviet-era MiG-29 fighter jets Updated: Aug-28-15 10:46 am
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's defense ministry says the country has reached a preliminary agreement with Bulgaria to modernize the Balkan country's Soviet-era fleet of MiG-29 fighter jets.
- 160 Marines in Bulgaria with tanks, artillery for training Updated: Aug-25-15 9:10 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - U.S. Marines accompanied by tanks, artillery, and light-armored reconnaissance vehicles have arrived in Bulgaria, part of a plan to train with allies to improve weapons skills and anti-armor tactics.
- Bulgaria puts former top spy behind bars Updated: Aug-07-15 1:10 pm
SOFIA, Bulgaria - A military court has sentenced Bulgaria's former intelligence chief, Kircho Kirov, to 10 years in prison and half of his property to be confiscated for embezzling millions in public funds.
- Even with banks open, Greek firms paralyzed by restrictions Updated: Aug-07-15 11:34 am
THESSALONIKI, Greece - Panagiotis Papadopoulos, the owner of a Greek company that builds and exports glass products like shower cabins, has been waiting three weeks to pay a supplier in Bulgaria.