- Olympic skating scandal official in 4-man race to lead ISU Updated: Apr-27-16 4:39 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - A French official who was suspended in the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympic figure skating judging scandal is running in the International Skating Union's presidential election.
- Corruption charges filed against former Dinamo Zagreb head Updated: Apr-26-16 7:18 am
ZAGREB, Croatia - Croatia's anti-graft authorities have filed charges against former Dinamo Zagreb president Zdravko Mamic for tax evasion, corruption and bribery.
- Croatia holds WWII death camp commemoration despite boycott Updated: Apr-22-16 11:14 am
JASENOVAC, Croatia - Croatian government has held a commemoration ceremony at the site of a notorious World War II death camp despite a boycott by the Jewish and Serb communities in protest over alleged inaction to curb the surge of neo-Nazi sentiment in the country.
- Croatian Jews hold Holocaust vigil amid far-right surge Updated: Apr-15-16 12:35 pm
JASENOVAC, Croatia - Croatia's Jewish community has held a separate Holocaust commemoration at the site of a notorious World War II death camp to protest the government's alleged inaction to curb the surge of neo-Nazi sentiment in the country.
- Balkan leaders meet to try to improve relations Updated: Apr-12-16 10:14 am
MOSTAR, Bosnia-Herzegovina - The leaders of Bosnia, Serbia and Croatia promised Tuesday to try to improve their relations, recently strained by harsh words exchanged over war crimes committed during conflicts in the 1990s and Croatia's veto on Serbia's EU talks.
- Migrants stuck in limbo in Serbia after Balkan route closure Updated: Apr-10-16 6:33 am
PRINCIPOVAC, Serbia - Walking a winding path inside a thick oak forest at the border between Serbia and Croatia, Jiyan Ali cannot believe his misfortune: he barely made it to Europe across rough seas and rugged mountains, only to be abruptly halted just meters away from his dream destination - the European Union.
- Croatian police detain around 100 Serbian basketball fans Updated: Apr-08-16 10:43 am
ZAGREB, Croatia - Croatian police say they have detained around 100 basketball fans from neighboring Serbia, many of whom were carrying pyrotechnic devices.
- Croatian police probe massive theft from its headquarters Updated: Apr-04-16 8:09 am
ZAGREB, Croatia - Croatian police are investigating the reported theft of 280,000 euros ($320,000) and two kilograms (4.4 pounds) of gold - all snatched from the headquarters of the Croatian police.
- UN court acquits Serb nationalist Seselj; Croatia shocked Updated: Mar-31-16 11:36 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - In a rare courtroom victory for a Serb defendant, a U.N. war crimes tribunal on Thursday acquitted ultranationalist politician Vojislav Seselj of atrocities and pronounced him a free man. The decision inflamed simmering tensions in the Balkans, sparking joy in Serbia and horror and deep anger in Bosnia and Croatia.
- Doping ban for Croatian-American marathon runner Nemec Updated: Mar-31-16 8:25 am
MONACO - Croatian-American marathon runner Lisa Nemec and Belarusian race walker Hanna Drabenia, who both competed at the 2012 Olympics, have been banned for doping, the IAAF said Thursday.