- Hungary's Orban attacks Croatian counterpart over migrants Updated: Oct-02-15 12:09 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Hungary's prime minister lambasted his Croatian counterpart Friday, accusing him of being the envoy of a global left-wing organization with the job of attacking Hungary - some the strongest statements yet in neighborhood disputes caused by the migrant crisis.
- The Latest: Hungary to close reception center in Debrecen Updated: Oct-02-15 11:43 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - The latest developments in the hundreds of thousands of refugees and other migrants passing through Europe on their way west. All times local.
- Croatian court orders retrial in ex-premier's graft case Updated: Oct-01-15 12:48 pm
ZAGREB, Croatia - Croatia's Supreme Court has overturned a graft verdict against former Prime Minister Ivo Sanader and ordered a retrial, citing unspecified violations of the right to a fair trial.
- Bayern and Dortmund, Bundesliga's top teams, meet in Munich Updated: Oct-01-15 6:19 am
- First wave of cold weather hits migrants hard in Balkans Updated: Sep-30-15 3:03 pm
BERKASOVO, Serbia - Afghan asylum-seeker Asina Ansari stood ankle-deep in mud on the border between Serbia and Croatia, clutching her feverish and shivering 2-year-old son Mohtar in a blanket.
- Bayern routs Dinamo 5-0 in Champions League Updated: Sep-29-15 5:09 pm
MUNICH - Robert Lewandowski scored a hat trick as Bayern Munich thrashed Dinamo Zagreb 5-0 in the Champions League on Tuesday.
- Serbia and Croatia continue to clash over migrant surge Updated: Sep-28-15 10:20 am
BELGRADE, Serbia - Bickering between Balkan rivals Serbia and Croatia over a migrant surge has turned personal, with Croatia's prime minister saying he no longer wants to speak with his Serbian counterpart.
- Bayern hosts Dinamo Zagreb, Arsenal at home to Olympiakos Updated: Sep-28-15 7:43 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Robert Lewandowski was so sure he would score again that he was already wearing the t-shirt marking his achievement. When the Bayern Munich striker struck in Mainz, he lifted his jersey to show off a t-shirt with the number 100 spread across, celebrating his 100th Bundesliga goal.
- Border tensions rise between Croatia and Serbia Updated: Sep-24-15 1:03 pm
ZAGREB, Croatia - Tensions escalated between Serbia and Croatia on Thursday as the longtime rivals struggled to come up with a coherent way to deal with tens of thousands of migrants streaming through the Balkan nations to seek sanctuary in other parts of Europe.
- Band moving with migrant wave shows different side to crisis Updated: Sep-24-15 10:51 am
ZAGREB, Croatia - The band members arrived like so many other Syrian refugees, climbing out of a dinghy on the shores of the Greek island of Lesbos.
- Pitfalls for foreign players in Russia-based KHL Updated: Sep-22-15 3:21 pm
MOSCOW - Canadian goaltender Mark Dekanich wanted "to see the world" while playing in the Russia-based Kontinental Hockey League, but now he's cooling his heels back home in Vancouver as he waits for unpaid wages.
- Croatia hires player banned over pro-Nazi chant as assistant Updated: Sep-21-15 1:59 pm
ZAGREB, Croatia - Croatia has hired former defender Josip Simunic, who was banned for 10 games for leading fans in a pro-Nazi chant, to assist new national team coach Ante Cacic.
- Questions and answers about migrant crisis border issues Updated: Sep-18-15 2:25 pm
BRUSSELS - The movement of tens of thousands of people toward Western Europe is overwhelming border authorities from Greece through the Balkans to Hungary and Slovenia.
- Croatia loses 1 point in qualifying for swastika incident Updated: Sep-18-15 12:26 pm
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA on Friday rejected Croatia's appeal against the one-point deduction in its European Championship qualifying group after a swastika was painted on the field before a match against Italy.
- Dinamo Zagreb beats 10-man Arsenal 2-1 in Champions League Updated: Sep-16-15 7:02 pm
ZAGREB, Croatia - Dinamo Zagreb swept to a surprising 2-1 victory over 10-man Arsenal in the Champions League on Wednesday as the Londoners' made a dismal start to their campaign in Group F.
- Croatia coach Kovac sacked for poor results in Euro qualis Updated: Sep-09-15 10:59 am
ZAGREB, Croatia - The Croatian Football Federation has sacked national coach Niko Kovac for poor results in 2016 European Championship qualifiers.