- Ronaldo caught up on beauty sleep during WCup draw Updated: Dec-08-13 8:44 am
- What they said about the World Cup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 5:34 pm
- Host Brazil avoids tough group in World Cup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 4:55 pm
- Croat nationalists seek to curb Serb rights Updated: Dec-06-13 11:43 am
- Bob Dylan charged in France over Croatia remarks Updated: Dec-03-13 7:46 am
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage Updated: Dec-01-13 3:41 pm
- Croatian player fined for pro-Nazi chants Updated: Nov-21-13 4:29 pm
- Simunic fined for pro-Nazi chants after WCup quali Updated: Nov-21-13 3:48 pm
- France, Portugal reach World Cup Updated: Nov-20-13 11:37 am
- Croatia beats Iceland, qualifies for World Cup Updated: Nov-20-13 11:36 am
- Ronaldo's hat trick sends Portugal to World Cup Updated: Nov-19-13 7:21 pm
- Croatia beats Iceland, qualifies for World Cup Updated: Nov-19-13 6:01 pm
- 90 minutes to history: Iceland's World Cup dreams Updated: Nov-19-13 7:37 am
- Iceland optimistic about WCup qualifying Updated: Nov-18-13 1:06 pm
- Iceland secures 0-0 draw vs Croatia in playoff Updated: Nov-15-13 4:18 pm
MADRID - While the eyes of the football world were focused on Brazil for the World Cup draw, Cristiano Ronaldo caught up on his beauty sleep.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Coaches and players were quick to react to Friday's World Cup draw. The following is a selection.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Brazil escaped tough opponents in the group stage of next year's World Cup but will probably face a major rival as early as the second round.
ZAGREB, Croatia - Nationalists in Croatia said Friday they are seeking to curb the rights of minorities to have their language used in official documents and signs in the towns where they live.
PARIS - French authorities have filed preliminary charges against Bob Dylan over a 2012 interview in which he is quoted comparing Croatians to Nazis and the Ku Klux Klan.
ZAGREB, Croatia - A majority of Croatians voted in a referendum Sunday to ban gay marriages in what is a major victory for the Catholic Church-backed conservatives in the European Union's newest nation.
ZAGREB, Croatia - A Croatian soccer player has been fined $4,300 for pro-Nazi chants after the national team qualified for the World Cup.
ZAGREB, Croatia - Croatia's public prosecutors have fined defender Joe Simunic for pro-Nazi chants after the national team's World Cup qualification.
Cristiano Ronaldo scored a dazzling hat trick to lift Portugal into next year's World Cup at the expense of Zlatan Ibrahimovic's Sweden, and France came back in remarkable fashion to overtake Ukraine for a berth in the 32-nation field for next year's tournament in Brazil.
ZAGREB, Croatia - Croatia ended Iceland's bid to become the nation with the smallest population to reach a World Cup, winning 2-0 Tuesday night following a 0-0 tie last week in the first leg of their European playoff.
The irrepressible Cristiano Ronaldo scored a dazzling hat trick to send Portugal into the 2014 World Cup finals at the expense of Zlatan Ibrahimovic's Sweden on Tuesday, while France advanced by conjuring a remarkable turnaround against Ukraine.
ZAGREB, Croatia - Ten-man Croatia qualified for the World Cup with a 2-0 win on Tuesday that quashed Iceland's hopes of reaching football's showpiece tournament for the first time.
REYKJAVIK, Iceland - Icelanders who have fought back for five years since the country's spectacular financial collapse finally have something to smile about - their Cinderella national team can qualify for the World Cup.
ZAGREB, Croatia - For Gylfi Sigurdsson, the dream of playing at the World Cup is within reach.
Iceland overcame the second-half sending-off of Olafur Skulason to hold on for a 0-0 draw against Croatia in the first leg of their World Cup playoff on Friday, keeping the tiny Nordic nation in contention for a place at its first major tournament.