- Wife of Czech ex-PM acquitted by court of abuse of power Updated: May-29-15 7:22 am
PRAGUE - A Prague court on Friday acquitted the wife of former Czech Prime Minister Petr Necas of abuse of power charges in a case that brought down his government.
- Holocaust meeting calls on nations to do more for survivors Updated: May-27-15 1:05 pm
PRAGUE - Representatives of 39 nations urged governments on Wednesday to do more for Holocaust survivors in the remaining time they have.
- Usain Bolt wins 200 at cold, wet Golden Spike meet Updated: May-26-15 4:17 pm
OSTRAVA, Czech Republic - Usain Bolt cruised to victory in the 200 meters race at the Golden Spike meet on Tuesday, as the Jamaican star prepares for the world championships after a season marred by injuries.
- Usain Bolt getting back into shape ahead of worlds Updated: May-24-15 12:57 pm
OSTRAVA, Czech Republic - Usain Bolt is not worried by Justin Gatlin's fast times and is using this season to get into shape ahead of the world championship in Beijing after his injuries last season.
- Czech reality show lets family experience Nazi occupation Updated: May-22-15 11:20 am
PRAGUE - A new reality show in the Czech Republic has let a family of seven experience what it was like living under Nazi occupation during World War II.
- KHL looks to expand into China Updated: May-21-15 6:39 am
MOSCOW - The Kontinental Hockey League wants to expand into China, hoping to use a successful Chinese Winter Olympic bid to conquer the vast market.
- Hungarian fighter jet skids off runway at Czech base Updated: May-19-15 10:07 am
PRAGUE - The Czech military says a Hungarian fighter jet has skidded off the runway after landing at a base in the Czech Republic. Both pilots on board escaped unharmed.
- Canada routs defending champ Russia 6-1 to win hockey worlds Updated: May-17-15 6:42 pm
PRAGUE - Sidney Crosby led Canada to its first hockey world championship title since 2007 Sunday with a goal and an assist in a dominant 6-1 victory over defending champion Russia in the final.
- NHL Calendar Updated: May-16-15 10:08 am
May 1-17 - IIHF World Championship, Prague and Ostrava, Czech Republic.
- Slovakia, Swiss to host ice hockey worlds in 2019, 2020 Updated: May-15-15 7:38 am
PRAGUE - The International Ice Hockey Federation says Slovakia will host the 2019 world championship and Switzerland the following year.
- 3 suspected of terror attack on train in Czech Republic Updated: May-06-15 7:49 am
PRAGUE - A prosecution official says Czech authorities have detained three suspects for allegedly planning a terrorist attack on a train.
- Report: harassment, threats against Czech Jews rise Updated: May-04-15 9:52 am
PRAGUE - A new report by Prague's Jewish community has registered a significant increase of cases of harassment and threats against Jews last year.
- Kenya's Kandie wins Prague international marathon Updated: May-03-15 6:30 am
PRAGUE - Felix Kipchirchir Kandie of Kenya won the Prague International Marathon on Sunday while Yebrgual Melese of Ethiopia claimed the women's race.
- Top-seeded Karolina Pliskova wins Prague Open for 4th title Updated: May-02-15 8:06 am
PRAGUE - Top-seeded Karolina Pliskova rallied from a set down to claim her fourth WTA title by defeating qualifier Lucie Hradecka 4-6, 7-5, 6-3 in an all-Czech final of the Prague Open on Saturday.
- Sidney Crosby to lead Canada at hockey worlds Updated: Apr-30-15 6:20 am
PRAGUE - Unlike previous editions, this year's hockey world championship is bringing out the best.