- Top seeded Kuznetsova, Safarova in semis of Prague Open Updated: Apr-28-16 2:52 pm
PRAGUE - Top-seeded Svetlana Kuznetsova rallied to defeat Monica Puig of Puerto Rico 4-6, 7-5, 6-4 and advance to the Prague Open semifinals on Thursday
- Usain Bolt to run 100m again at Golden Spike in May Updated: Apr-26-16 9:05 am
PRAGUE - Usain Bolt will run the 100 meters at the Golden Spike in the Czech city of Ostrava on May 20.
- Gorilla gives birth unexpectedly at Prague zoo Updated: Apr-25-16 9:06 am
PRAGUE - It was an unexpected birth that took everyone at the Prague zoo by surprise.
- Talks stalled, Syrian opposition to stay in Geneva next week Updated: Apr-22-16 2:00 am
BEIRUT - The Latest on Syria's civil war and peace talks in Geneva (all times local):
- Czechs to keep soldiers in Afghanistan till at least 2018 Updated: Apr-18-16 11:05 am
PRAGUE - The Czech government has approved a plan to keep troops in Afghanistan and Mali until at least 2018.
- Defending champion Czechs edge Swiss to reach Fed Cup final Updated: Apr-17-16 5:14 pm
LUCERNE, Switzerland - Two-time defending champion the Czech Republic advanced to the Fed Cup final after edging Switzerland 3-2 on Sunday, sealing victory in a decisive doubles rubber against Martina Hingis and unheralded Swiss star Viktorija Golubic.
- German is suspected of blackmailing Czech govt with a toxin Updated: Apr-16-16 8:33 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - A Swedish prosecutor says a 27-year-old German doctoral student is suspected of blackmailing the Czech government by sending an undisclosed toxic substance he had acquired over the Internet.
- Czech Republic to use Czechia as one-word version of name Updated: Apr-14-16 3:26 pm
PRAGUE - Czechia will soon be synonymous with the Czech Republic.
- Czech policeman drinks and drives, hits 51 parked cars Updated: Apr-14-16 8:41 am
PRAGUE - Czech police say one of their officers drank too much and crashed his Jeep Grand Cherokee into a total of 51 parked cars in Prague.
- Czech prosecutors charge US man with murder in 2013 killings Updated: Apr-07-16 12:59 pm
PRAGUE - A Czech prosecutor says an American man suspected of killing four Czech family members has been formally charged with murder.
- Czechs to miss Kvitova, Safarova in Fed Cup at Switzerland Updated: Apr-06-16 7:43 am
PRAGUE - Defending champion Czech Republic will be without its two highest-ranked players - Petra Kvitova and Lucie Safarova - in next week's Fed Cup semifinals at Switzerland.
- Deal signed to improve security of Czech Jewish sites Updated: Apr-05-16 12:37 pm
PRAGUE - The Czech Interior Ministry says it has signed an agreement with representatives of the Jewish community to better protect Jewish sites in Prague and across the country.
- 1st elephant conceived and born in Prague zoo's history Updated: Apr-05-16 10:02 am
PRAGUE - Prague zoo has announced the arrival of the first elephant both conceived and born at the zoo.
- In race to improve batteries, nanotechnology provides hope Updated: Apr-04-16 11:21 am
PRAGUE - In the global race to create more efficient and long-lasting batteries, some are betting on nanotechnology - the use of minuscule parts - as the most likely to yield a breakthrough.
- Former German foreign minister Genscher dies at 89 Updated: Apr-01-16 5:08 pm
BERLIN - Hans-Dietrich Genscher, the longest-serving German foreign minister who was one of the key architects of the country's 1990 reunification between east and west, has died at 89.
- Wife of Czech ex-PM to face again abuse of power trial Updated: Mar-31-16 11:09 am
PRAGUE - An appeals court has canceled the acquittal of the wife of former Czech Prime Minister Petr Necas of abuse of power charges in a case that brought down his government.
- Czech government agrees to send pilot trainers to Iraq Updated: Mar-30-16 7:31 am
PRAGUE - The Czech government has approved a Defense Ministry plan to send up to 35 instructors to Iraq to train pilots for Czech-made planes.