- Canada, US, earn 3rd straight wins at ice hockey worlds Updated: May-04-15 5:15 pm
PRAGUE - Sidney Crosby scored again as Canada beat host Czech Republic 6-3 at the ice hockey world championship on Monday, and the United States bested defending champion Russia 4-2.
- Report: harassment, threats against Czech Jews rise Updated: May-04-15 9:52 am
PRAGUE - A new report by Prague's Jewish community has registered a significant increase of cases of harassment and threats against Jews last year.
- Kenya's Kandie wins Prague international marathon Updated: May-03-15 6:30 am
PRAGUE - Felix Kipchirchir Kandie of Kenya won the Prague International Marathon on Sunday while Yebrgual Melese of Ethiopia claimed the women's race.
- Top-seeded Karolina Pliskova wins Prague Open for 4th title Updated: May-02-15 8:06 am
PRAGUE - Top-seeded Karolina Pliskova rallied from a set down to claim her fourth WTA title by defeating qualifier Lucie Hradecka 4-6, 7-5, 6-3 in an all-Czech final of the Prague Open on Saturday.
- Sidney Crosby to lead Canada at hockey worlds Updated: Apr-30-15 6:20 am
PRAGUE - Unlike previous editions, this year's hockey world championship is bringing out the best.
- Usain Bolt to run again at Golden Spike in May Updated: Apr-29-15 9:03 am
PRAGUE - Usain Bolt will compete again at the Golden Spike in the Czech city of Ostrava in May.
- Kovalchuk to captain Russia at hockey world championship Updated: Apr-28-15 9:15 am
MOSCOW - Former New Jersey Devils player Ilya Kovalchuk says he will captain the Russian national team at this year's hockey world championship.
- Jagr returns from retirement to play for Czechs at worlds Updated: Apr-24-15 3:36 pm
PRAGUE - Star forward Jaromir Jagr is coming out of international retirement to play for the Czech Republic at the upcoming world championship in his native country.
- Poland bans 'provocative' Russian bikers loyal to Putin Updated: Apr-24-15 1:58 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Polish authorities said Friday they will not allow a nationalistic Russian motorcycle group loyal to President Vladimir Putin to enter Poland, but insisted the move is not political and was made in part because Polish authorities would not be able to guarantee their security.
- Rights group: Czechs still segregating Roma kids at schools Updated: Apr-23-15 6:37 am
PRAGUE - The Czech Republic has failed to comply with a European court order to stop placing healthy Gypsy children in schools for the mentally disabled, Amnesty International said Thursday.
- Czech president: Russian attack on Baltics would be suicidal Updated: Apr-21-15 2:02 pm
PRAGUE - Russia is unlikely to launch a military thrust against the Baltics because President Vladimir Putin "is not suicidal," Czech President Milos Zeman said Tuesday.
- The Latest: UN rights chief wants new EU line on migration Updated: Apr-20-15 11:14 am
5:10 p.m. (1510 GMT; 11:10 a.m. EDT)
- Czech Republic leads France 2-0 in Fed Cup semis Updated: Apr-18-15 10:40 am
OSTRAVA, Czech Republic - Defending champion Czech Republic took a commanding 2-0 lead over France in the Fed Cup World Group semifinals after Lucie Safarova and Petra Kvitova won the opening singles matches on Saturday.
- Former Czech PM Stanislav Gross dies at age 45 Updated: Apr-16-15 5:58 am
PRAGUE - Stanislav Gross, who became the Czech Republic's youngest prime minister but was forced to resign nine months later, has died at the age of 45.
- Russian sentenced in Prague over plane emergency landing Updated: Apr-13-15 10:42 am
PRAGUE - A Prague court has handed a 30 month prison sentence to a Russian who forced a passenger plane to make an emergency landing by claiming he was carrying a bomb.
- Escalator missing en route to Prague airport Updated: Apr-10-15 9:59 am
PRAGUE - The good news for visitors to the Czech capital: the newly expanded A line of Prague's subway network that opened this week will comfortably take them from downtown closer than ever to the city's international airport.
- Czech PM not opposing president's disputed Russian trip Updated: Apr-08-15 12:25 pm
PRAGUE - Czech Prime Minister Bohuslav Sobotka says he is not opposing the president's trip to Moscow, the subject of Milos Zeman's dispute with the U.S. ambassador.
- Kvitova to play Fed Cup semis for Czechs against France Updated: Apr-08-15 8:03 am
PRAGUE - Petra Kvitova has returned from a month's break to play for defending champion Czech Republic in next week's Fed Cup semifinals against France.