- NATO ups Baltic air patrols amid regional concern Updated: Mar-06-14 10:43 am
- Latvia: 2nd doping suspect on ice hockey team Updated: Mar-01-14 10:13 am
- Zubkov wins double bobsled gold for Russia Updated: Feb-23-14 9:12 am
- Parise may be front and center in US-Canada again Updated: Feb-21-14 2:11 am
- Canada holds off Latvia 2-1 in Olympic thriller Updated: Feb-19-14 4:35 pm
- Canada's John Tavares out for rest of Olympics Updated: Feb-19-14 4:34 pm
- Latvia's Gudlevskis nearly breaks Canada's heart Updated: Feb-19-14 3:53 pm
- Slovenia adds another chapter to its hockey story Updated: Feb-18-14 4:32 pm
- Latvia holds off Swiss 3-1 to reach quarterfinals Updated: Feb-18-14 3:47 pm
- Sister seeks her 'Field of Dreams' in SW Va. Updated: Feb-17-14 1:07 pm
- Siblings give family feel to Sochi Olympics Updated: Feb-16-14 6:52 am
- Sweden beats Latvia 5-3, moves on to quarterfinals Updated: Feb-15-14 3:55 pm
- Hiller shuts out Czechs, Switzerland wins 1-0 Updated: Feb-15-14 3:50 pm
- Russia's Tretiakov wins gold in Olympic skeleton Updated: Feb-15-14 1:28 pm
- Russia's Tretiakov trying to hang on in skeleton Updated: Feb-14-14 6:59 pm
- Jagr leads Czechs past Latvia 4-2 in men's hockey Updated: Feb-14-14 7:12 am
- Latvia's Martins Dukurs man to catch in skeleton Updated: Feb-13-14 5:53 pm
- Germany wins Olympic luge team relay Updated: Feb-13-14 1:25 pm
- Swiss beat Latvians 1-0 with 7.9 seconds left Updated: Feb-12-14 4:54 pm
- Nolan gets message across to Latvian hockey team Updated: Feb-07-14 5:16 pm
VILNIUS, Lithuania - Lithuania says six U.S. fighter jets and two tanker planes have arrived in Lithuania following a U.S. decision to increase NATO's air policing mission of the three Baltic states.
RIGA, Latvia - Latvia's Olympic Committee secretary general says a second player on its national men's ice hockey team is suspected to have tested positive for a banned substance at the Sochi Winter Games.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Alexander Zubkov was given a daunting assignment for his home Olympics. His task: Take to Russian ice and make history, against drivers who have been beating him for years.
SOCHI, Russia - Everybody wants to talk about revenge except one of the guys to whom it's supposed to matter most.
SOCHI, Russia - Canada put shots by the dozens on Kristers Gudlevskis, and Latvia's kid goalie stopped nearly everything in a performance that grew from sensational to a bit supernatural.
SOCHI, Russia - Canada forward John Tavares will miss the rest of the Olympics with a leg injury, dealing a blow to the defending champions' depth.
SOCHI, Russia - Latvia's Kristers Gudlevskis got hit with so many shots, you began wondering whether he'd need a cut man by the end.
SOCHI, Russia - Slovenia added another chapter to its feel-good story.
SOCHI, Russia - Latvia's reward for its first Olympic victory in 12 years is a quarterfinal date with defending champion Canada.
ABINGDON, Virginia - As a young Jewish girl in Indiana, she was intrigued by the Catholic church across the street.
KRASNAYA GOLYANA, Russia - When Martin Fourcade won his first Olympic gold this week, the French biathlete got to celebrate in the finish area with the teammate he grew up trying to beat - older brother Simon.
SOCHI, Russia - Daniel Alfredsson scored a go-ahead goal late in the second period and Sweden went on to beat Latvia 5-3 Saturday, staying undefeated and earning an automatic spot in hockey quarterfinals at the Olympics.
SOCHI, Russia - Although Switzerland has scored just two goals in three games at the Olympics, Jonas Hiller hasn't allowed any at all - not even to Jaromir Jagr on his 42nd birthday.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - One year after a giant meteor streaked across Russia's sky, Alexander Tretiakov flashed by.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Alexander Tretiakov's lead would probably be safe against anyone else, the Olympic gold as good as hanging from his neck.
SOCHI, Russia - On the eve of his 42nd birthday, Jaromir Jagr again showed why age is a pretty small number to him.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - He's the scariest slider in skeleton, bar none.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Men's gold. Women's gold. Doubles gold.
SOCHI, Russia - Switzerland has had some success in Olympic hockey, thriving as underdogs. As a heavy favorite, the Swiss needed a lucky break Wednesday to avoid being pushed to overtime by lightly regarded Latvia.
BUFFALO, New York - Three years ago, Ted Nolan needed a map to locate Latvia.