- Knicks select Latvian forward Porzingis 4th in NBA draft Updated: Jun-26-15 1:20 am
GREENBURGH, New York - In his first offseason leading the New York Knicks, Phil Jackson came up short trying to land Pau Gasol. Jackson may have landed his multifaceted forward a year later with Kristaps Porzingis of Latvia.
- US to put military equipment in several European countries Updated: Jun-23-15 12:47 pm
TALLINN, Estonia - The U.S. will spread about 250 tanks, armored vehicles and other military equipment across six former Soviet bloc nations to help reassure NATO allies facing threats from Russia and terrorist groups, Defense Secretary Ash Carter announced Tuesday.
- High-profile LGBT event staged in Latvian capital Updated: Jun-20-15 10:56 am
RIGA, Latvia - Up to 5,000 people on Saturday participated in a high-profile gay pride event in the capital of Latvia, a former Soviet country.
- Wijnaldum, Narsingh score as Netherlands beats Latvia 2-0 Updated: Jun-12-15 5:08 pm
RIGA, Latvia - PSV Eindhoven teammates Georginio Wijnaldum and Luciano Narsingh scored second-half goals Friday as the Netherlands beat Latvia 2-0 in Riga to move closer to second place in its European Championship qualifying group.
- Europe's leading powers look to restore order in qualifying Updated: Jun-11-15 4:54 am
LONDON - Some of Europe's less-heralded football nations are on a roll in qualifying for the 2016 European Championship - and leaving many of the continent's traditional powers struggling to keep up.
- Russia says Latvian weapons-smuggling ring broken up Updated: Jun-04-15 5:32 am
MOSCOW - Russia's Federal Security Service says it has broken up a ring that was smuggling firearms into the country from Latvia.
- Latvian parliament chooses defense minister as president Updated: Jun-03-15 1:23 pm
RIGA, Latvia - Latvian lawmakers on Wednesday chose Defense Minister Raimonds Vejonis as the Baltic country's next president, placing trust in his security credentials amid unease over a perceived threat from neighboring Russia.