- Obama continues telephone outreach on Ukraine Updated: Mar-08-14 3:08 pm
- US fighter jets, warship arrive in Ukraine region Updated: Mar-06-14 1:19 pm
- NATO ups Baltic air patrols amid regional concern Updated: Mar-06-14 10:43 am
- Odd couple at center of Russian helicopter inquiry Updated: Mar-01-14 8:39 am
- Correction: Lithuanian CIA story Updated: Feb-21-14 1:36 pm
KEY LARGO, Florida - Vacationing in Florida, President Barack Obama continued his telephone consultations with world leaders on Ukraine, speaking one on one Saturday with the leaders of three European powers and collectively with the heads of the three Baltic states, White House said.
WASHINGTON - The Pentagon says six U.S. F-15 fighter jets have arrived in Lithuania to bolster air patrols over the Baltics as the stand-off over Russia's military incursion into Ukraine continues. A U.S. warship is also now in the Black Sea to participate in long-planned exercises.
VILNIUS, Lithuania - Lithuania says six U.S. fighter jets and two tanker planes have arrived in Lithuania following a U.S. decision to increase NATO's air policing mission of the three Baltic states.
WASHINGTON - The ties between a former Army colonel and a Russian entrepreneur are at the heart of a criminal investigation into a program that supplies American allies with Russian helicopters.
VILNIUS, Lithuania - In a Feb. 20 story about a terror suspect, The Associated Press reported erroneously that an investigation had been reopened in Lithuania when instead a new investigation had begun. The AP also gave the wrong time period for when the suspect may have been held at a CIA site in Lithuania.