- UN concerned over human rights, democracy in Macedonia Updated: May-22-15 2:31 pm
SKOPJE, Macedonia - A top United Nations human rights official expressed concern Friday over the political crisis that has triggered mass protests in Macedonia.
- Balkan foes find common ground in bid to join 28-nation EU Updated: May-22-15 12:20 pm
TIRANA, Albania - Foreign ministers and senior diplomats from several Balkan countries - many with troubled relations stemming from wars in the 1990s - met Friday in the Albanian capital of Tirana to try and advance each others' bids to join the European Union.
- Macedonian premier's plane makes emergency landing Updated: May-21-15 2:35 pm
SKOPJE, Macedonia - Macedonian officials say a government jet carrying Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski back from talks in Strasbourg has made an emergency landing in Zurich after suffering decompression in the air.
- Macedonian leaders struggling to solve political crisis Updated: May-20-15 3:04 pm
SKOPJE, Macedonia - Macedonia's rival political leaders spent 12 hours in talks in Strasbourg, trying to resolve one of the country's deepest political crises since its independence in 1991.
- Albania says could block Macedonia's NATO bid Updated: May-20-15 10:19 am
TIRANA, Albania - Albanian Prime Minister Edi Rama warned on Wednesday that his country could block Macedonia's bid to join NATO unless it improves its record on respecting the rights of the country's ethnic Albanian minority.
- Macedonians in protest to demand government's resignation Updated: May-17-15 8:50 am
SKOPJE, Macedonia - Tens of thousands of people have gathered in the center of the Macedonian capital Skopje to demand the resignation of conservative Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski.
- Macedonia divided: Corruption, armed rebellion splits nation Updated: May-16-15 1:52 pm
SKOPJE, Macedonia - Macedonia's short history of independence has been a troubled one - and its political turmoil appears to be getting worse.
- AP Interview: Clashes show Macedonian border is vulnerable Updated: May-15-15 2:22 pm
SKOPJE, Macedonia - Macedonia's foreign minister on Friday dismissed allegations that a recent battle between ethnic Albanian gunmen and police forces was linked with one of the deepest political crises the country has faced in its 24 years of independence.
- Kosovo police raid houses of suspected militants Updated: May-15-15 9:55 am
PRISTINA, Kosovo - Kosovo police raided several households across the country Friday, including the families of ethnic Albanians involved in last week's deadly clashes with police in neighboring Macedonia.
- Officials resign in growing political crisis in Macedonia Updated: May-13-15 11:17 am
SKOPJE, Macedonia - The Macedonian parliament on Wednesday formally approved the replacement of the interior and transport ministers in Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski's cabinet amid an escalating political crisis in the Balkan nation.
- Macedonia: Police identify 3 suspected armed group leaders Updated: May-13-15 9:35 am
SKOPJE, Macedonia - Macedonian police say they have identified three of the five suspected leaders of an armed group that fought with special police forces in the northern Macedonian town of Kumanovo in a weekend battle that killed 22 people.
- Macedonia charges 30 over weekend battle with militants Updated: May-11-15 3:10 pm
KUMANOVO, Macedonia - Macedonian authorities on Monday jailed 30 people captured in a weekend gun battle in a northern town that left 22 police and suspected ethnic Albanian militants dead, at a time of heightened political tension in the small Balkan country
- Macedonian opposition claims cover-up in journalist's death Updated: May-07-15 12:53 pm
SKOPJE, Macedonia - Macedonia's opposition leader has accused the conservative government of covering up evidence about the death of a journalist and prominent critic of the government in a car crash two years ago.