- Moldova thanks Romania for $171 million loan Updated: Oct-13-15 3:17 pm
BUCHAREST, Romania - Moldova's prime minister has thanked Romania for a 150 million euro ($171 million), five-year loan which he said will be spent on modernizing the former Soviet republic, which wants to join the European Union.
- UEFA charges Moldova over fans' racist flags at Russia game Updated: Oct-13-15 8:50 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against the Moldova soccer association over crowd issues, including racism, during a European Championship qualifier against Russia.
- 100s of anti-gov't protesters block main street in Moldova Updated: Oct-12-15 2:07 am
CHISINAU, Moldova - Hundreds of pro-Russian protesters blocked the main street in the Moldovan capital during the morning rush hour, demanding the resignation of the government.
- Gas pipeline from Romania to Moldova to be built in 2016 Updated: Oct-09-15 6:50 am
CHISINAU, Moldova - A Moldovan government official says work on a pipeline that will transport natural gas from Romania to the Moldovan capital will begin next year.
- AP INVESTIGATION: Nuclear black market seeks IS extremists Updated: Oct-07-15 5:46 pm
CHISINAU, Moldova - In the backwaters of Eastern Europe, authorities working with the FBI have interrupted four attempts in the past five years by gangs with suspected Russian connections that sought to sell radioactive material to Middle Eastern extremists, The Associated Press has learned. The latest known case came in February this year, when a smuggler offered a huge cache of deadly cesium - enough to contaminate several city blocks - and specifically sought a buyer from the Islamic State group.
- Moldova signs 150 million-euro loan accord with Romania Updated: Oct-07-15 7:44 am
CHISINAU, Moldova - Moldova signed a 150 million-euro ($168 million) loan agreement with neighbor Romania Wednesday which it hopes will bolster its currency and promote investment.
- AP Investigation: 5 key findings on nuclear smuggling Updated: Oct-07-15 1:16 am
CHISINAU, Moldova - An Associated Press investigation reveals that a remote corner of eastern Europe has become a thriving marketplace for nuclear material aimed at extremists in the Middle East. Here are five key findings:
- New train route links neighbors Romania and Moldova Updated: Sep-30-15 9:29 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Officials say a new train will connect Romania to Moldova, shortening the journey by an hour and also removing a symbolic barrier between the neighbors.
- 20,000 protest against Moldova's pro-European government Updated: Sep-27-15 9:53 am
CHISINAU, Moldova - Some 20,000 people have protested against Moldova's government, days after the International Monetary Fund said it would not negotiate a new loan agreement with the pro-European leadership which says it needs the money to pay salaries and pensions.
- IMF says new loan for Moldova won't materialize during visit Updated: Sep-22-15 12:54 pm
CHISINAU, Moldova - The International Monetary Fund says it will not negotiate a new loan program with Moldova during its visit to the country, dashing the government's hopes of an immediate agreement to help cover pensions and salaries.
- Moldova's top banker quits over missing $1.5 billion Updated: Sep-21-15 11:25 am
CHISINAU, Moldova - Moldova's central bank governor resigned Monday, following weeks of street protests over $1.5 billion that disappeared from three Moldovan banks.