- US senators support Moldova in EU bid Updated: Apr-17-14 5:16 pm
- Putin's choice of words shed light on Ukraine Updated: Apr-17-14 2:13 pm
- Trans-Dniester leader wants independence Updated: Apr-07-14 5:49 pm
- Moldovan separatists: We downed Ukrainian drone Updated: Mar-25-14 4:35 pm
- Man admits reporting fake kidnapping to embassy Updated: Mar-19-14 2:45 pm
CHISINAU, Moldova - Four U.S. senators visited Moldova Thursday to lend support to the former Soviet republic's move toward the European Union, while Russian President Vladimir Putin urged Ukraine to end a blockade of the country's separatist province Trans-Dniester.
MOSCOW - To understand Russian President Vladimir Putin's intentions in Ukraine, it helps to pay close attention to his choice of words and his reading of history. Here is what Putin had to say Thursday in a nationally televised call-in program:
CHISINAU, Moldova - A separatist leader says the Trans-Dniester region of Moldova wants independence - and eventually to join Russia.
CHISINAU, Moldova - Authorities in a pro-Russian separatist region of Moldova claim to have brought down a Ukrainian drone on a reconnaissance mission.
NEWARK, New Jersey - Federal prosecutors say a northern New Jersey man admitted creating a fake female identity and falsely reporting the girl's kidnapping to U.S. embassies overseas.