- Putin uses carrot and stick to dominate neighbors Updated: Mar-06-14 10:31 am
- US, Europeans try to rally Western front vs Russia Updated: Mar-03-14 11:16 pm
- Wyoming instructor teaches language of music Updated: Feb-27-14 4:13 pm
- Moldovans granted visa-free travel across Europe Updated: Feb-27-14 11:10 am
- 2nd arson fire at Tacoma-area church in 5 months Updated: Feb-13-14 11:55 am
MOSCOW - As a counterweight to the European Union, Russia's Vladimir Putin is pursuing an ambitious dream rooted in memories of Soviet glory: The Eurasian Union.
WASHINGTON - The U.S and major allies strained on Monday to rally a strong Western front to persuade Russia to step back from a military takeover of Ukraine's strategic Crimea region. But several acknowledged there are few options beyond already-threatened economic and diplomatic penalties, and critics said administration efforts were too little, too late after years of pressing for friendlier relations with Moscow.
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Musicians in Moldova - a country with 3.6 million people wedged between Romania and Ukraine - learn native folk songs by ear from a young age, flutist Rod Garnett said.
BRUSSELS - The European Parliament on Thursday approved visa-free travel across most of Europe for citizens of Moldova, marking a victory for the former Soviet republic's pro-European government.
TACOMA, Washington - The Pierce County sheriff's office says the fire that burned a Tacoma-area church Monday was arson.