- Polish lawmakers approve 2014 state budget Updated: Dec-13-13 10:07 am
- Woman gets new face in Poland's 2nd transplant Updated: Dec-12-13 6:13 am
- Restructuring improves Polish airline's finances Updated: Dec-11-13 11:08 am
- Poland's last communist leader hospitalized Updated: Dec-10-13 9:34 am
- Polish court approves crucifix in parliament Updated: Dec-09-13 11:14 am
- Poland urges Conn. inmate not get death sentence Updated: Dec-09-13 9:28 am
- Thousands in UK face another day of flooding Updated: Dec-06-13 11:59 am
- Woman fined for Facebook invite to a mass party Updated: Dec-06-13 9:28 am
- Poland's lawmakers narrowly adopt pension reform Updated: Dec-06-13 7:51 am
- Polish PM calls for fairness for Lazio fans Updated: Dec-05-13 11:03 am
- 4 plunge to deaths in Polish industrial chimney Updated: Dec-04-13 11:10 am
- Europe rights court hearing on secret CIA prisons Updated: Dec-03-13 9:37 am
- Polish priest convicted of child sex abuse Updated: Dec-02-13 12:41 pm
- Germany to play Poland in Mainz ahead of World Cup Updated: Nov-29-13 8:18 am
- Police detain about 120 Lazio fans in Warsaw Updated: Nov-28-13 12:29 pm
- 5 things to know about the Europa League Updated: Nov-27-13 10:46 am
- China looking for new markets in Eastern Europe Updated: Nov-26-13 10:43 am
- EU climate chief says UN talks hinge on 2015 deal Updated: Nov-24-13 5:59 pm
- Climate talks drag on without clarity on targets Updated: Nov-22-13 1:41 pm
- Polish finance chief fired in Cabinet reshuffle Updated: Nov-20-13 8:01 am
- Officials, others held in Poland over corruption Updated: Nov-19-13 10:34 am
- Soldier: Minneapolis man ordered Nazi-led attack Updated: Nov-18-13 9:02 pm
- UN climate chief calls on coal industry to change Updated: Nov-18-13 5:51 pm
- UN secretary-general visits Auschwitz memorial Updated: Nov-18-13 1:04 pm
- Warsaw subway fire sends 8 people to hospital Updated: Nov-17-13 3:58 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's lawmakers have approved the 2014 budget that predicts the deficit will be slightly lower than this year's.
WARSAW, Poland - A 26-year-old woman disfigured by a tumor has received a new face in Poland's second such transplant.
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's debt-ridden LOT airline said Wednesday it has improved its finances through cost cuts and a reorganization of its business.
WARSAW, Poland - A doctor says that Poland's last communist leader, Gen. Wojciech Jaruzelski, has been hospitalized due to heart problems.
WARSAW, Poland - A Polish appeals court on Monday rejected a complaint by lawmakers that the presence of a Roman Catholic crucifix in parliament violates their right as nonbelievers.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - The president of Poland is urging Connecticut officials to not impose the death penalty on a former Trumbull man convicted of murder in the deaths of a Bridgeport woman, her 9-year-old daughter and a Milford man.
LONDON - Hundreds of people in Britain mopped up flooded homes on Friday after a powerful storm that scoured northern Europe with hurricane-force gusts kicked up the biggest tidal surge in 60 years, swamping stretches of shoreline.
WARSAW, Poland - A Polish court has fined a 23-year-old woman who admitted posting an invitation to an outdoor spring party on Facebook, which drew more than 20,000 people. Some of them were rowdy and got into fights.
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's lawmakers narrowly approved on Friday a hotly debated reform to the pension system that transfers some of the savings from private funds to the state.
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's prime minister says he will make sure that some two dozen Lazio fans detained in Warsaw last week ahead of Europa League match are treated without unnecessary severity.
WARSAW, Poland - Firefighters in central Poland say four maintenance workers have plunged to their deaths some 120 meters (400 feet) down a chimney that they were working on at a coal-fired power plant.
STRASBOURG, France - Europe's human rights court shone a rare public light Tuesday on the secret network of European prisons that the CIA used to interrogate terror suspects, reviving memories and questions about the "extraordinary renditions" that angered many on this continent.
WARSAW, Poland - A Roman Catholic priest in central Poland was sentenced Monday to 8 ½ years in prison after being convicted of sexually abusing five boys.
BERLIN - Germany will play Poland in a friendly in Mainz on May 13 as part of its World Cup preparations.
WARSAW, Poland - Warsaw police say they have detained about 120 Lazio fans after they attacked police vans with stones and bottles ahead of the team's Europa League match against Legia Warsaw.
LONDON - Several teams have already ensured their passage into the next round of the Europa League, so now first place in the group is the target.
BUCHAREST, Romania - China is on a charm offensive in Eastern Europe, an attempt to secure business ties in a region where the European Union and Russia are increasingly jostling for influence.
WARSAW, Poland - After another U.N. climate conference gave only modest results, European Climate Commissioner Connie Hedegaard says the process needs to provide a "substantial answer" to global warming in two years to remain relevant.
WARSAW, Poland - U.N. climate talks ran into overtime Friday with more than 190 countries arguing over the building blocks for a new pact to slow global warming.
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's prime minister on Wednesday fired Finance Minister Jacek Rostowski in a major government reshuffle aimed at breathing new energy into Poland's longest-serving team under democracy.
WARSAW, Poland - Eighteen people including current and former state officials were detained in Poland on Tuesday on suspicion of large-scale corruption, investigators said.
BERLIN - A retired Minnesota carpenter, shown in a June investigation to be a former commander in a Nazi SS-led unit, ordered his men to attack a Polish village that was razed to the ground, according to testimony newly uncovered by The Associated Press. The account of the massacre that killed dozens of women and children contradicts statements by the man's family that he was never at the scene of the 1944 bloodshed.
WARSAW, Poland - The top U.N. climate diplomat on Monday told the coal industry it should leave most of the world's remaining coal reserves in the ground and start investing in renewable energy sources.
OSWIECIM, Poland - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Monday visited the former Nazi death camp of Auschwitz to pay tribute to Holocaust victims.
WARSAW, Poland - A state-of-the-art Warsaw subway train has caught fire, forcing the evacuation of some 200 people and sending eight to the hospital.