- Poles vote in cliffhanger presidential election runoff Updated: May-24-15 2:25 am
WARSAW, Poland - Poles are voting in the final round of a cliffhanger presidential election race between the conservative incumbent Bronislaw Komrowski and an even more conservative challenger.
- NATO announces next summit will be July 2016 in Warsaw Updated: May-22-15 11:17 am
BRUSSELS - NATO says its next summit will take place July 8-9, 2016 in Warsaw, Poland as the alliance continues to reshape itself to meet new security challenges.
- Polish brown bear crosses borders, highway, seeking mate Updated: May-22-15 8:58 am
WARSAW, Poland - A Polish brown bear went a wooing, little knowing that scientists were following all the way.
- Poland soccer chief Boniek wants World Cup taken from Russia Updated: May-21-15 1:02 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Poland football federation president Zbigniew Boniek says FIFA should be able to take the 2018 World Cup away from Russia because of conflict in Ukraine.
- Painting looted by Nazis causes US extradition fight Updated: May-18-15 7:32 pm
NEW YORK - A Russian art dealer living in New York is fighting extradition to Poland to face charges he's in possession of a painting looted by the Nazis.
- Poland makes payout to alleged victims of CIA renditions Updated: May-15-15 11:49 am
WARSAW, Poland - Poland is paying a quarter of a million dollars to two terror suspects allegedly tortured by the CIA in a secret facility in this country - prompting outrage among many here who feel they are being punished for American wrongdoing.
- Polish lawmakers get military training for 'troubled times' Updated: May-12-15 1:08 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Dozens of Polish lawmakers traded in their suits and political bargaining for fatigues and military exercises on Tuesday, a mainly symbolic act as Poles grow nervous about the conflict next door in Ukraine and Russia's involvement in it.
- 'The Witcher 3' takes a cue from 'Game of Thrones' Updated: May-11-15 5:25 pm
LOS ANGELES - "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt" isn't shying away from its name.
- Nostalgia and vodka on museum tour of life under communism Updated: May-11-15 9:56 am
WARSAW, Poland - There is no love lost in Poland for the bygone communist system, but those who think they have missed something unusual still have a chance to experience the austerity and subdued atmosphere of life in those times.
- A Holocaust survivor remembers: Lost in the rubble of Warsaw Updated: May-10-15 2:46 am
WARSAW, Poland - The young boy emerged from the rubble of Warsaw, clinging to a woman he knew only as Mrs. Wala. She turned and walked off, and 7-year-old Mieczyslaw Kenigswein was alone, lost in the Holocaust.
- Police: Polish professor drowns at beach in Puerto Rico Updated: May-09-15 3:01 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Authorities in Puerto Rico say a 29-year-old university professor from Poland has drowned at a beach along the island's north coast.
- Motley mix of players challenge Polish president in election Updated: May-09-15 2:16 am
WARSAW, Poland - The incumbent is an aristocrat who embodies Polish tradition. His challengers include a punk rock star, a blonde bombshell actress and a renegade vodka producer who once wielded a gun at a press conference.
- Europe marks 70 years since Nazi defeat, end of epochal war Updated: May-08-15 6:35 pm
PARIS - With quiet moments of memory or military pomp, leaders and ordinary citizens across Europe are marking 70 years since the Nazi defeat and the end of a war that ravaged the continent. But the East-West alliance that vanquished Hitler is deeply divided today.
- Poland marks 70th anniversary of end of WWII Updated: May-07-15 7:23 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's president led international commemorations late Thursday and into Friday marking the 70th anniversary of the end of World War II, a gathering meant as an alternative celebration to Moscow's Red Square parade this weekend.
- More violence in Poland after autopsy of fan shot by police Updated: May-05-15 8:38 am
WARSAW, Poland - Nine people have been arrested following the third night of violence in Knurow, in southern Poland, triggered by the death of a football fan hit by a rubber bullet fired by the police.
- Polish doctors perform rare throat-area transplant Updated: May-04-15 1:07 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Polish surgeons said Monday they have successfully performed a rare and extensive transplant of the throat area.
- EU, German heads at funeral of former Polish FM Bartoszewski Updated: May-04-15 11:37 am
WARSAW, Poland - Wladyslaw Bartoszewski, the former Auschwitz prisoner who helped save Jews from the Holocaust and later became Poland's foreign minister, was a joyful person who inspired deep respect, top European officials said in eulogies Monday at his state funeral in Warsaw.
- Pro-Putin bikers lay wreath in Vienna en route to Berlin Updated: May-02-15 6:04 pm
VIENNA - Members of a nationalistic Russian bikers club were greeted by cheering supporters as they laid a wreath Saturday at a monument to the Soviet soldiers who liberated Vienna from the Nazis.
- Wanted by the US, Roman Polanski gets film award in Poland Updated: May-02-15 4:18 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Filmmaker Roman Polanski has received a film award and pressed his palms into plaster for the hall of independent cinema stars in Krakow- the same Polish city where a court is weighing a U.S. request for his extradition.
- May Day demos staged around the world; Turkey square blocked Updated: May-01-15 1:21 pm
HAVANA - Left-wing groups, governments and trade unions were staging rallies around the world Friday to mark International Workers Day.
- Polish biker says a Night Wolves member made it into country Updated: Apr-30-15 12:34 pm
WARSAW, Poland - A Polish biker said Thursday that at least one member of a nationalistic Russian motorcycle club appears to have entered Poland despite a ban, and visited the Auschwitz memorial site with two other Russians - one of whom briefly unfurled a Soviet flag.
- Ex-Auschwitz prisoner, barber to camp commander, dies at 95 Updated: Apr-30-15 11:49 am
WARSAW, Poland - Jozef Paczynski, a Polish political prisoner at Auschwitz who became the personal barber to camp commander Rudolf Hoess, has died. He was 95.
- Poland's justice minister resigns over gun license doubts Updated: Apr-30-15 10:19 am
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's Justice Minister Cezary Grabarczyk has resigned over doubts concerning the legality of his gun permit.
- CAS denies Legia Warsaw plea for Champs League compensation Updated: Apr-30-15 4:51 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Legia Warsaw has lost its appeal for compensation from UEFA after being eliminated from the Champions League for fielding an ineligible player.
- Polish authorities say Russian reporter a danger to Poland Updated: Apr-29-15 2:25 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Polish authorities accused a Russian journalist working for a pro-Kremlin news agency of posing a threat to Poland's security, saying Wednesday that he should lose his right to reside in Poland and the European Union.