- Both Eatons lead multi-events at world indoors Updated: Mar-07-14 7:30 am
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia Updated: Mar-06-14 3:34 pm
- US taking steps to help NATO allies in Europe Updated: Mar-05-14 3:08 pm
- Poland's Stoch retains ski jumping lead with win Updated: Mar-04-14 5:19 pm
- US, Europeans try to rally Western front vs Russia Updated: Mar-03-14 11:16 pm
- Analysis: Limited US, European options in Ukraine Updated: Mar-01-14 5:44 pm
- Allies of Ukraine express concern over its unrest Updated: Feb-27-14 12:19 pm
- Dortmund wins 4-2 at Zenit in Champions League Updated: Feb-25-14 3:12 pm
- Dutch close Olympic speedskating with 2 more golds Updated: Feb-22-14 12:12 pm
- Dutch speedskaters end Olympics with 2 more golds Updated: Feb-22-14 10:38 am
- How Ukraine's economic decay fueled protests Updated: Feb-21-14 4:40 pm
- Petty theft claims Holocaust survivor's treasures Updated: Feb-21-14 11:48 am
- After Sochi, what's next for Winter Olympics? Updated: Feb-20-14 4:43 am
- US, Europe considering sanctions on Kiev leaders Updated: Feb-19-14 3:21 pm
- Fletcher back with Scotland for Poland friendly Updated: Feb-19-14 8:20 am
- Poland's Jewish museum gets interior decoration Updated: Feb-17-14 12:51 pm
- Quiet night of team training on Olympic large hill Updated: Feb-16-14 12:10 pm
- World Press Photo award winners list Updated: Feb-14-14 12:27 pm
- Polish Catholic Church working on abuse procedures Updated: Feb-13-14 11:25 am
- Kowalczyk of Poland wins women's 10K classical Updated: Feb-13-14 8:41 am
- Poland in uproar after killer pedophile is freed Updated: Feb-12-14 10:50 am
- SOCHI SCENE: Chasing Chara Updated: Feb-11-14 2:23 pm
- Kamil Stoch wins men's normal hill gold at Sochi Updated: Feb-09-14 4:39 pm
- New Polish movie casts Cold War spy as hero Updated: Feb-07-14 6:43 am
- Poland may seek access to Guantanamo suspects Updated: Feb-06-14 5:16 pm
SOPOT, Poland - Defending champion Ashton Eaton immediately set off on world-record pace in the heptathlon on Friday at the world indoor championships, and his wife Brianne Theisen Eaton took the early lead in the pentathlon.
BRUSSELS - BRUSSELS - The European Union suspended talks with Russia on a wide-ranging economic pact and a visa agreement Thursday in response to its military incursion into Ukraine's Crimean Peninsula, threatening tougher sanctions unless Moscow swiftly defuses the crisis.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration took steps Wednesday to support the defenses of U.S. allies in Europe in response to Russia's takeover of Ukraine's Crimean Peninsula.
HELSINKI - Olympic champion Kamil Stoch of Poland won the ski jumping event at the Kuopio Ski Games on Tuesday to increase his lead in the overall World Cup standings.
WASHINGTON - The U.S and major allies strained on Monday to rally a strong Western front to persuade Russia to step back from a military takeover of Ukraine's strategic Crimea region. But several acknowledged there are few options beyond already-threatened economic and diplomatic penalties, and critics said administration efforts were too little, too late after years of pressing for friendlier relations with Moscow.
WASHINGTON - Despite blunt warnings about costs and consequences, President Barack Obama and European leaders have limited options for retaliating against Russia's military intervention in Ukraine, the former Soviet republic now at the center of an emerging conflict between East and West.
U.S. and European officials expressed concern on Thursday over the turmoil in Ukraine and Russia's decision to have its military conduct large-scale military exercises near Ukraine's borders.
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - Robert Lewandowski scored twice as Borussia Dortmund took a big step toward the Champions League quarterfinals with a 4-2 victory at Zenit St. Petersburg on Tuesday.
SOCHI, Russia - The final day of speedskating at the Sochi Olympics was nothing more than a victory lap for the mighty Dutch.
SOCHI, Russia - The Netherlands won gold in the last speedskating event of the Sochi Olympics, routing Poland in the final of women's team pursuit Saturday.
The battle in Kiev is, in large part, a fight for the country's economic future - for better jobs and prosperity.
DALLAS - What Max Glauben waited decades to obtain, thieves took in a matter of minutes.
SOCHI, Russia - The sheer cost, size and scale of the Sochi Olympics has outstripped anything done before. The question for future Winter Games is clear: Can anyone - should anyone - try to top that?
BRUSSELS - Following the deadly clashes in Ukraine's capital, the Obama administration and European governments are talking about imposing punitive sanctions, the Kremlin has blamed the West for stirring up trouble and the pope has issued a special appeal for peace. A roundup of Wednesday's international reactions:
GLASGOW, Scotland - Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher has been recalled by Scotland for a friendly against Poland next month after recovering from a serious illness.
WARSAW, Poland - Artists are at work in Warsaw's new Jewish museum creating elaborate wall paintings that tell the story of Jewish life and culture in Poland.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Most of the top-ranked ski jumpers at the Sochi Olympics didn't bother to take part in three training rounds on Sunday evening ahead of Monday's team gold medal final.
AMSTERDAM - A list of winners of the 2012 World Press Photo contest:
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's Catholic Church is preparing to publish a book on internal procedures to deal with child sex abuse by priests as cases come to the fore in the staunchly Catholic country, the head of the nation's Catholic news agency said Thursday.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - If a foot fracture couldn't stop Justyna Kowalczyk, a bit of sunshine certainly wasn't about to.
WARSAW, Poland - The release from prison of a man who killed and raped four boys is causing an uproar in Poland.
SOCHI, Russia - U.S. pairs champions Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir are from the Boston area. So naturally, they were eager to meet Bruins captain Zdeno Chara at the Sochi Olympics.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Polish ski jumper Kamil Stoch wasn't feeling too good early Sunday.
WARSAW, Poland - For many Poles, Col. Ryszard Kuklinski was a traitor for passing secrets to the Americans during the Cold War - and even Solidarity leader Lech Walesa refused to honor him after he became president. A new Polish movie casts Kuklinski in a different light, as a hero who acted on conscience and helped avert bloodshed.
WARSAW, Poland - Polish prosecutors may seek access to terror suspects detained by the U.S. at Guantanamo Bay for direct questioning as part of an investigation into whether a secret CIA prison operated here in 2002-2003, an official said Thursday.