- 3rd seed Monfils through to quarters in Bucharest Updated: Apr-24-14 2:44 pm
- Money problems force Rapid to look for new stadium Updated: Apr-23-14 7:38 am
- NC school kids helped by Transylvania connection Updated: Apr-20-14 2:02 pm
- Bank of Cyprus sells business in Ukraine, Romania Updated: Apr-18-14 12:04 pm
- Romanian premier co-pilots US F-16 fighter jet Updated: Apr-17-14 12:10 pm
- Romanian poet, dissident Nina Cassian dies Updated: Apr-16-14 4:05 pm
- APNewsBreak: Russian jet passes near US warship Updated: Apr-14-14 12:55 pm
- 450 US, Romanian troops in joint military games Updated: Apr-10-14 11:20 am
- Ex soccer chief detained on suspicion of fraud Updated: Apr-07-14 8:35 am
- Romania charges teen after woman swung by bathrobe Updated: Apr-06-14 10:50 am
- Romania: US wants more troops at Black Sea base Updated: Apr-01-14 10:46 am
- Inter Milan defender Chivu retires from football Updated: Mar-31-14 9:53 am
- Romania seeks extradition of Yelm couple Updated: Mar-27-14 8:10 pm
- President says Russia may push down to Romania Updated: Mar-27-14 11:20 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Third-seeded Gaels Monfils opened his Nastase Tiriac Trophy account with a 6-1, 6-3 victory over Lithuanian qualifier Ricardas Berankis on Thursday.
BUCHAREST, Romania - Bucharest club Rapid says it will have to move out of the stadium that has been its home since 1939 because the cash-strapped club can't afford the rent.
BREVARD, North Carolina - A company in one of Europe's poorest countries is helping feed children in a poor North Carolina county.
FAMAGUSTA, Cyprus - Cyprus' largest bank says it has sold off its business in Ukraine and a stake in a Romanian bank to help reduce risk and improve cash flow for the troubled lender.
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romania's prime minister has co-piloted an F-16 fighter jet at the end of Romanian and U.S. air exercises.
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romanian poet and translator Nina Cassian, who obtained political asylum in the United States after the Communist-era secret police found her critical poems scribbled in a friend's diary, has died in New York City. She was 89.
WASHINGTON - A Russian fighter jet made multiple, close-range passes near an American warship in the Black Sea for more than 90 minutes Saturday amid escalating tensions in the region, U.S. military officials said Monday.
CAMPIA TARZII MILITARY BASE, Romania - Some 450 U.S. and Romanian troops and technical staff kicked off joint military exercises in northwestern Romania on Thursday, flying U.S. F-16 fighter jets alongside Romanian ones.
BUCHAREST, Romania - Prosecutors have detained the former chairman of the Professional Football League and other officials on suspicion of avoiding tax in the sale of match rights to television stations.
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romanian police have filed criminal charges against a teenager who allegedly grabbed a terrified middle-aged woman by her bathrobe collar and swung her around while his friends chronicled it on video.
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romania's president says the United States has asked to increase the number of troops and aircraft it has stationed at a Black Sea air base in eastern Romania.
BUCHAREST, Romania - Inter Milan defender Cristian Chivu has retired from football, terminating his contract with the Italian club and setting his sights on becoming an agent.
OLYMPIA, Washington - The Romanian government is seeking to extradite a Washington state couple on tax evasion charges.
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romania's president says Russia may have territorial ambitions that stretch all the way down to his country's eastern border.