- NATO to briefly move command HQ to Romania from Naples Updated: May-05-15 11:04 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - NATO will briefly move an allied joint force command headquarter to Romania as the alliance continues to hone its ability to react to Russia's moves in Ukraine and other security challenges, a top commander said Tuesday.
- Romanian mayor suspected of using police to spy on rivals Updated: May-01-15 3:08 pm
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romanian police have detained the mayor of a northeastern city on suspicion that he abused his position by using police to spy on rivals and his girlfriend.
- Romania names 14 new ambassadors, ex-spy chief sent to US Updated: Apr-30-15 2:04 pm
BUCHAREST, Romania - A former Romanian spy chief has been named as ambassador to the U.S.
- Romanian town hall workers strike to demand higher wages Updated: Apr-30-15 7:34 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - More than 30,000 employees of town halls around the country have gone on strike to demand higher wages.
- Romania: 4 soldiers injured in Afghanistan Updated: Apr-30-15 6:08 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - The defense ministry says four Romanian soldiers were injured when a booby-trapped car exploded in Afghanistan.
- Romanian gov't declassifies communist-era prison documents Updated: Apr-29-15 7:59 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romania's government has declassified secret documents relating to prisons where hundreds of thousands of opponents of the former communist regime were incarcerated.
- Ex-president OK'd CIA site, denies knowing what it was for Updated: Apr-27-15 11:47 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - A former Romanian president has acknowledged approving the CIA's request for a site in Romania, but said he would have refused had he known how it would be used.
- Garcia-Lopez wins Nastase Tiriac Trophy Updated: Apr-26-15 11:12 am
- Romania: robbers trained to steal jewels, cars detained Updated: Apr-24-15 6:07 pm
BUCHAREST, Romania - Prosecutors detained 14 people Friday who are suspected of belonging to a network of well-dressed robbers who were trained to rob luxury items in Romania and the European Union.
- Court sentences judge to 10 years, 8 months for bribes Updated: Apr-24-15 7:58 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - A Romanian court has sentenced a senior judge to 10 years and eight months in prison for demanding money from defendants in exchange for favorable verdicts.
- Crusading women blaze justice trail in post-Soviet Romania Updated: Apr-20-15 6:37 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Prosecutor Denisa Cristodor made history last fall, launching Romania's first case against a communist-era prison guard suspected of crimes against humanity.
- Romania to make special flak jackets for its female soldiers Updated: Apr-17-15 10:31 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - A Romanian research institute is developing a bulletproof vest for the growing number of female soldiers signing up to serve in the country's army.
- US, Romanian hold air exercises to reassure eastern Europe Updated: Apr-16-15 3:01 pm
CAMPIA TURZII, Romania - Twelve U.S. Air Force A-10 Thunderbolt IIs have been deployed for months of military exercises involving the U.S. and Romanian air forces designed to reassure eastern Europeans who fear Russian influence in the region.
- Romanian, US, British troops stage NATO-planned exercises Updated: Apr-15-15 10:55 am
SMARDAN, Romania - Some 2,200 Romanian, U.S., British and Moldovan troops will take part in military exercises in Romania, close to the Ukrainian border, beginning this week.
- Romanian PM proposes new tools for seizure of corrupt assets Updated: Apr-15-15 7:49 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romania's prime minister is proposing legislation to make it easier to seize assets obtained through corruption.
- Romanian border guards find 73 Syrians, 1 Iranian in truck Updated: Apr-12-15 2:29 pm
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romanian border police have discovered 74 immigrants, most Syrians, hidden in the back of a truck that was meant to transport furniture from Turkey to France.