- Chevron suspends shale gas exploration in Romania Updated: Dec-07-13 4:34 pm
- Final suspect in Dutch art heist arrested Updated: Dec-06-13 1:50 pm
- Moldovans now officially speak Romanian Updated: Dec-05-13 12:13 pm
- Romanian man gets 8 years in prison for US fraud Updated: Dec-03-13 8:40 am
- Romania president won't sign IMF memorandum Updated: Dec-02-13 3:28 pm
- Chevron resumes search for shale gas in Romania Updated: Dec-02-13 1:46 pm
- After boy mauled, Balkan animal cruelty in focus Updated: Dec-02-13 7:59 am
- Romanian PM calls on Britain not to discriminate Updated: Nov-30-13 4:31 am
- Beloved Romanian writer back on bookshelves Updated: Nov-28-13 6:59 am
- Schalke draws 0-0 at Bucharest in Champions League Updated: Nov-26-13 5:33 pm
- Court sentences art thieves to 6 years 8 months Updated: Nov-26-13 2:10 pm
- China looking for new markets in Eastern Europe Updated: Nov-26-13 10:43 am
- China to invest in Romanian nuclear, wind power Updated: Nov-25-13 9:30 am
- Chelsea, Schalke looking to advance from Group E Updated: Nov-25-13 8:35 am
- Idaho Romanians face removal for immigration fraud Updated: Nov-24-13 5:42 pm
- Romanian man accused in Texas killing of wife, son Updated: Nov-21-13 7:14 am
- UEFA to sanction 6 Europa League clubs Updated: Nov-21-13 6:21 am
- Mitroglou leads Greece to WCup, holds Romania 1-1 Updated: Nov-20-13 2:33 am
- Greece advances to 2nd straight World Cup Updated: Nov-19-13 4:35 pm
- Romania: 62 detained ahead of WCup playoff Updated: Nov-19-13 3:03 pm
- Steven Seagal 'adopts' stray dog in Romania Updated: Nov-18-13 11:45 am
- Greece beats Romania 3-1 in World Cup playoff Updated: Nov-15-13 6:06 pm
- Romanian pleads innocent to genocide charge Updated: Nov-15-13 3:43 pm
- Review: 'Countryman' tackles love and destiny Updated: Nov-12-13 3:41 pm
- Romania gov't rejects Canadian gold mine project Updated: Nov-11-13 3:16 pm
BUCHAREST, Romania - U.S. oil company Chevron has suspended exploration for shale gas in northeastern Romania after hundreds of anti-fracking protesters tore down fences.
BUCHAREST, Romania - British police have arrested the final suspect in the theft of paintings by Matisse, Picasso and Monet from a Dutch museum.
CHISINAU, Moldova - In Moldova, they now officially speak Romanian.
VICTORIA, Texas - A man from Romania has been sentenced to eight years in prison for an online scam claiming someone in the U.S. military needed to sell items before deploying.
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romanian President Traian Basescu says he won't sign a letter of intent and International Monetary Fund memorandum to protest a government decision to hike fuel prices.
BUCHAREST, Romania - U.S. oil giant Chevron has resumed its search for shale gas in northeastern Romania amid ongoing opposition from local residents.
BUCHAREST, Romania - A litter of puppies wrapped in a blanket and set on fire. A dog roaming the streets with its jaw hacked off. Cats found at the bottom of an apartment block, spines snapped.
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romania's prime minister has called on Britain not to treat Romanians as "second-rate citizens" when work restrictions for Romanian and Bulgarian workers are lifted on Jan. 1.
BUCHAREST, Romania - He is one of Romania's greatest writers, but his work couldn't be found in bookstores. Now, they are finally getting their place back on the shelf.
BUCHAREST, Romania - Schalke was held to a 0-0 draw at Steaua Bucharest on Tuesday and now needs to beat Basel in its last Group E match to have a chance of progressing along with Chelsea to the Champions League knockout stages.
BUCHAREST, Romania - A Romanian court on Tuesday handed down sentences of six years and eight months to the ringleaders of a gang who stole paintings by Matisse, Monet and Picasso from a Dutch museum in a daring nighttime raid.
BUCHAREST, Romania - China is on a charm offensive in Eastern Europe, an attempt to secure business ties in a region where the European Union and Russia are increasingly jostling for influence.
BUCHAREST, Romania - China's prime minister says his country will invest in Romanian nuclear and wind energy production as well as a high-speed railway.
LONDON - Facing nine matches in December, Chelsea can ensure at least one is meaningless by securing Champions League qualification on Tuesday.
BOISE, Idaho - Eight Romanians who arrived in Idaho a decade ago face deportation after federal prosecutors say they entered sham marriages to stay illegally in America.
HOUSTON - A Texas fugitive who was captured in Romania has been charged in the shooting deaths of his wife and their adult son at the family's Houston-area house.
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA is preparing to sanction six Europa League clubs for failing to pay debts on time.
BUCHAREST, Romania - Greece sealed its place at next year's World Cup after settling for a 1-1 draw against Romania in the playoffs on Tuesday to advance 4-2 on aggregate and reach its fifth major tournament in a decade.
BUCHAREST, Romania - Greece reached its second straight World Cup and third overall, beating Romania on 4-2 aggregate with a 1-1 draw Tuesday night.
BUCHAREST, Romania - Police in Bucharest have detained 62 people for being in possession of flares and provocative banners containing insults ahead of Tuesday's second leg of the World Cup playoff between Romania and Greece.
BUCHAREST, Romania - He plays the tough guy in movies but actor Steven Seagal showed his soft side when he "adopted" one of Bucharest's street dogs.
PIRAEUS, Greece - Greece took a big step toward Brazil as in-form striker Kostas Mitroglou netted twice in a 3-1 win over Romania on Friday in the first leg of their World Cup playoffs, in a game that saw three goals scored in six first-half minutes.
BUCHAREST, Romania - A man who has been charged with genocide for allegedly killing 103 political prisoners while serving as a top official at a former Romanian labor camp says he has pleaded not guilty.
LOS ANGELES - Commercials director Fredrik Bond makes a promising feature debut with "Charlie Countryman" a fanciful crime-drama / romance that gratifyingly eschews strict genre classification.
BUCHAREST, Romania - The Romanian government won't allow a Canadian company to develop what would have been Europe's biggest open gold mine, the prime minister said Monday, shortly before a parliamentary commission nixed a bill that would have permitted the project.