- Bility: 26 African nations won't support Salman in FIFA vote Updated: Feb-08-16 3:45 pm
MONROVIA, Liberia - At least 26 African countries will defy their continental confederation and not vote for Sheikh Salman of Bahrain in the FIFA presidential election, the outspoken head of the Liberia soccer federation said Monday.
- Fernandez, Medvedeva win short programs at European champs Updated: Jan-27-16 6:45 pm
BRATISLAVA, Slovakia - Javier Fernandez of Spain took a huge step toward a fourth straight European title by winning the men's short program on Wednesday, the opening day of the European figure skating championships.
- Slovakia opens Holocaust museum in former Nazi camp Updated: Jan-26-16 11:55 am
BRATISLAVA, Slovakia - Slovakia's president and prime minister have opened the country's first Holocaust museum at a site of a former Nazi labor and concentration camp.
- Albanian police arrest 5 in trafficking crackdown Updated: Jan-26-16 11:22 am
TIRANA, Albania - Police in Albania say they have arrested five suspects as part of a crackdown on an international human and drug trafficking ring, coordinated with authorities in Italy, Slovakia and Belgium.
- Slovak teachers go on strike to demand higher salaries Updated: Jan-25-16 4:29 am
BRATISLAVA, Slovakia - Thousands of Slovak teachers have gone on strike to demand higher pay, forcing authorities to close hundreds of schools across the country.
- Despite patrols, sealing Greek sea border is near impossible Updated: Jan-24-16 3:18 pm
CHIOS, Greece - In the inky nighttime blackness, a small red dot appears on the radar screen, moving fast.
- Kavaguti injured, will miss European and world champs Updated: Jan-20-16 11:18 am
MOSCOW - Reigning European pairs skating champions Yuko Kavaguti and Alexander Smirnov will miss next week's European Championships after Kavaguti tore a tendon in her leg.
- Veronika Velez Zuzulova wins women's World Cup night slalom Updated: Jan-15-16 2:29 pm
FLACHAU, Austria - Veronika Velez Zuzulova of Slovakia won her second straight World Cup night slalom on Friday with a blistering second run.
- The Latest: Dutch FM calls for EU unity in migrants crisis Updated: Jan-15-16 12:58 pm
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - The latest on the continuing flow of people into and across Europe. All times local: