- German company starts gas deliveries to Ukraine Updated: Apr-15-14 11:12 am
- US to host Slovakia in Davis Cup in September Updated: Apr-08-14 8:00 pm
- Venus Williams advances in Charleston Updated: Apr-02-14 8:44 pm
- Newcomer Andrej Kiska elected Slovak president Updated: Mar-29-14 9:25 pm
- Eder, Kuzmina win biathlon World Cup races Updated: Mar-22-14 11:44 am
BERLIN - German utility company RWE said Tuesday it has started sending natural gas to Ukraine, a move that could support the country if Russia acts on its threat to cut off supplies because of a massive debt for past deliveries.
LONDON - The United States will host Slovakia in the Davis Cup World Group playoffs on Sept. 12-14.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Venus Williams advanced in the tournament where her top-ranked sister could not, battling from behind at the Family Circle Cup to defeat Chanelle Scheepers 7-5, 7-5 on Wednesday.
BRATISLAVA, Slovakia - Political newcomer Andrej Kiska has been elected to the largely ceremonial post of Slovakia's president, in an embarrassing defeat for his rival, Prime Minister Robert Fico, according to complete results released early Sunday.
OSLO, Norway - Slovakia's Anastasya Kuzmina won the women's 10-kilometer pursuit race Saturday at the final biathlon World Cup meet of the season, while Norway's Tora Berger put herself in position to finish her career with the overall title.