- Canadian skier Michael Janyk ends career in style Updated: Mar-09-14 12:27 pm
- Neureuther leads German 1-2 finish at WCup slalom Updated: Mar-09-14 10:45 am
- Veteran Raich returns to WCup podium after 2 years Updated: Mar-08-14 1:00 pm
- Hirscher can lock up GS title with race to spare Updated: Mar-07-14 2:23 pm
- Canada, Slovenia protest men's skicross result Updated: Feb-22-14 1:59 pm
- Sevilla fans attacked in Slovenia, 4 injured Updated: Feb-21-14 6:00 am
- Sweden tops Slovenia 5-0, advances to hockey semis Updated: Feb-19-14 11:40 am
- Slovenia adds another chapter to its hockey story Updated: Feb-18-14 4:32 pm
- Slovenia's Maze adds giant slalom to downhill gold Updated: Feb-18-14 9:16 am
- Kopitar's Slovenia tops Austria, advances in Sochi Updated: Feb-18-14 7:48 am
- Phil Kessel scores 3 to help US rout Slovenia 5-1 Updated: Feb-16-14 3:40 pm
- Goalie Ryan Miller to get a shot to play for US Updated: Feb-16-14 3:18 am
- Slovenia F Kovacevic suspended for hit on Kopecky Updated: Feb-16-14 3:15 am
- Olympic men's hockey: Slovenia stuns Slovakia 3-1 Updated: Feb-15-14 9:07 am
- Hit to head of Slovakia's Kopecky will be reviewed Updated: Feb-15-14 8:18 am
- SOCHI SCENE: History for Slovenia Updated: Feb-15-14 6:01 am
- Column: Too late to put Putin back in a uniform? Updated: Feb-13-14 12:46 pm
- Alex Ovechkin-led Russians beat Slovenia 5-2 Updated: Feb-13-14 12:33 pm
- Slovenia's Perko, France's Roger out of downhill Updated: Feb-08-14 10:15 am
KRANJSKA GORA, Slovenia - Michael Janyk's last World Cup race went so well, he almost had to postpone his retirement for a week.
KRANJSKA GORA, Slovenia - Felix Neureuther overcame a pre-Olympic car crash to win a World Cup slalom on Sunday, giving himself pole position in the fight for the season's discipline title.
KRANJSKA GORA, Slovenia - Benjamin Raich has reached a World Cup podium for the 91st - and probably last - time in his career at the same resort where he earned his first top-three finish 15 years ago.
KRANJSKA GORA, Slovenia - With the fight for the overall championship tightening up, Marcel Hirscher can lock up the World Cup giant slalom title with a race to spare on Saturday.
SOCHI, Russia - The Court of Arbitration for Sport says Canada and Slovenia have asked that France's freestyle skicross podium sweep at the Olympics be thrown out because of suit adjustments.
LJUBLJANA, Slovenia - Police in Slovenia say hooligans have attacked Sevilla fans after a Europa League match against Maribor, injuring four people.
SOCHI, Russia - With Henrik Lundqvist in goal, Sweden never seems to be short-handed.
SOCHI, Russia - Slovenia added another chapter to its feel-good story.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - This, Tina Maze can say now, was what she had in mind all along: An Olympic performance that hadn't been seen in 42 years.
SOCHI, Russia - Anze Kopitar gets to keep playing for his father in the Olympics for at least another game.
SOCHI, Russia - Phil Kessel is the first American in more than a decade to score a hat trick in an Olympic hockey tournament.
SOCHI, Russia - Ryan Miller has been named the starting goaltender for the U.S. against Slovenia.
SOCHI, Russia - Forward Sabahudin Kovacevic has been suspended for Slovenia's next Olympic hockey game for his hit on Slovakia's Tomas Kopecky.
SOCHI, Russia - Slovenia is not satisfied with just showing up to play hockey at the Olympics for the first time. Its players want to win.
SOCHI, Russia - A hit that knocked Slovakia forward Tomas Kopecky out of an Olympic hockey game will be reviewed for possible discipline.
SOCHI, Russia - "Now that we've beaten Slovakia, maybe they're not going to mix us up with them anymore." - Slovenia forward Anze Kopitar, after the men's hockey team picked up the team's first ever Olympic victory, 3-1 over Slovakia.
SOCHI, Russia - The hometown lads started so fast that you half-expected to see Vladimir Putin, the 60-year-old president who suited up for an exhibition game here last month, slip back into a uniform and take a few shifts. Maybe Maria Sharapova, too.
SOCHI, Russia - Alex Ovechkin and the Russians got off to a breathtaking start against Slovenia, then relaxed. The result was a closer-than-expected win over a country playing hockey in the Olympics for the first time.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Two of the first three starters in the last training run for the men's Olympic downhill, Rok Perko of Slovenia and Brice Roger of France, were injured in crashes Saturday and will miss the race.