- Kuwait promotes unity in wake of bombing designed to divide Updated: Jul-02-15 2:39 pm
KUWAIT CITY - An Islamic State sympathizer's deadly bombing in a packed Kuwaiti mosque last week was designed to fit an all-too-familiar pattern: extremists attack Shiites to stoke sectarian hatred and then proclaim themselves the defenders of Sunnis against those they denounce as heretics.
- US resuming aid to Bahrain military, ally against IS Updated: Jun-29-15 5:33 pm
WASHINGTON - The State Department says it is resuming aid to the military in Bahrain, which has been withheld since Bahrain cracked down on demonstrations in 2011.
- Kuwait mosque bomber raised no red flags, transited Bahrain Updated: Jun-29-15 11:38 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The Saudi man who blew himself up inside a Shiite mosque in Kuwait managed to slip out of his home country without raising any red flags and board a commercial flight transiting nearby Bahrain less than 24 hours before the deadly attack.
- Bahraini opposition leader released after 4 years Updated: Jun-19-15 6:50 pm
MANAMA, Bahrain - A top Bahraini opposition leader was released Friday after more than four years in prison for his role in protests calling for reform in the Gulf kingdom.
- Bahrain Shiite opposition leader sentenced to 4 years Updated: Jun-16-15 8:38 am
MANAMA, Bahrain - A Bahraini court sentenced the country's leading Shiite opposition figure to four years in prison on Tuesday amid an ongoing crackdown on dissent in the tiny island kingdom.