- Report: Iran arrests 16 activists Updated: Dec-04-13 2:31 pm
- Kerry to present security plan in Mideast visit Updated: Dec-04-13 2:22 pm
- Congressman: No Iran cheating on nuclear deal yet Updated: Dec-04-13 2:00 pm
- Iran readies for big oil production hike Updated: Dec-04-13 1:01 pm
- Iran's top diplomat reaches out to Gulf states Updated: Dec-04-13 11:03 am
- A sampling of editorials from around New York Updated: Dec-04-13 9:25 am
- Oil above $97 as investors eye US supplies Updated: Dec-04-13 8:24 am
- Russia: Iran deal ends need for missile defense Updated: Dec-04-13 7:37 am
- Iraqi prime minister in Iran for Syria talks Updated: Dec-04-13 7:23 am
- Tennessee editorial roundup Updated: Dec-03-13 4:28 pm
- U.N. nuclear fuel bank may save us from next Iran Updated: Dec-03-13 3:17 pm
- Iran calls Netanyahu 'desperate' post nuclear deal Updated: Dec-03-13 3:08 pm
- Iran aims to regain global role at OPEC meeting Updated: Dec-03-13 11:03 am
- In UK, Sen. Rubio criticizes Iranian nuclear deal Updated: Dec-03-13 10:22 am
- Iran doesn't want Afghanistan to sign US deal Updated: Dec-03-13 5:07 am
- Editorials from around Ohio Updated: Dec-02-13 12:26 pm
- Report: Iran HIV cases increase dramatically Updated: Dec-02-13 12:58 am
- Israel's former leader slams Netanyahu over US Updated: Dec-01-13 3:05 pm
- Iran envoy meets Kuwaiti emir in latest outreach Updated: Dec-01-13 9:37 am
- Report: Iran needs more nuclear power plants Updated: Dec-01-13 8:59 am
- Iran deploys warships after overhaul Updated: Dec-01-13 6:34 am
- Iran to produce more gas from Qatari-shared field Updated: Dec-01-13 5:28 am
- Iran nuclear deal hits gas pedal for carmakers Updated: Nov-30-13 10:59 am
- Thomasson: Israel needs assurances on Iran nuclear deal Updated: Nov-29-13 2:19 pm
- Iran has no plan for nuclear talks with Israel Updated: Nov-29-13 8:32 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guard has arrested 16 activists accused of providing material to anti-government websites, the state media said Wednesday.
JERUSALEM - Secretary of State John Kerry will present the outlines of a West Bank security plan in meetings with Israeli and Palestinian leaders this week, stepping up American involvement in hopes of reviving faltering Mideast peace efforts, U.S. officials said Wednesday.
WASHINGTON - A Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee says there's no evidence yet that Iran is violating last month's nuclear accord with world powers.
VIENNA - Iran indirectly challenged OPEC kingpin Saudi Arabia on Wednesday, announcing it plans to pump as much oil as it can once sanctions on its crude exports are lifted, even if its extra output drives prices into the basement.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - With the ink barely dry on a nuclear deal that paves the way for warmer relations with the West, Iran's new leadership is making a push to patch up tensions with U.S. allies closer to home too.
ALBANY, New York - The New York Times on the state's efforts to crack down on motorists who text while driving.
The price of oil rose above $97 a barrel Wednesday on expectations of a sharp fall in U.S. crude stockpiles.
BRUSSELS - An international deal aimed at preventing Iran from developing nuclear weapons will in the long run eliminate any need for a missile defense system in Europe, Russia's foreign minister said Wednesday.
TEHRAN, Iran - Iraq's prime minister has arrived in Iran's capital for a three-day visit that will focus on the civil war in Syria and bilateral ties.
Recent editorials from Tennessee newspapers:
If Iran's Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei and his parade of official proclaimers truly meant everything they've always said about pursuing a nuclear program only for peaceful energy and medical research purposes, then you'd figure Tehran's elites should be bummed out by their bad timing.
TEHRAN - Iran's foreign minister said Tuesday that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has become desperate after the Islamic Republic agreed last month to cap its nuclear program in return for easing Western sanctions.
VIENNA - Iran hopes to use a meeting of OPEC oil ministers on Wednesday as a launch pad for its return as a dominant force in global crude markets after months of sanctions. It faces resistance, however, from regional rival Saudi Arabia.
WASHINGTON - Florida Sen. Marco Rubio is telling a London audience that he fears an international agreement with Iran will let that nation keep pursuing nuclear weapons.
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's foreign ministry on Tuesday asked Afghanistan not to sign a security deal with the U.S. that could keep thousands of American and allied forces in its neighboring country for another decade.
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from Ohio newspapers:
TEHRAN, Iran - Iranian state television is reporting that the number of HIV-positive citizens in the country has skyrocketed over the last decade.
TEL AVIV, Israel - Former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert says his successor has severely damaged the country's relations with the United States.
KUWAIT CITY - Iran's top diplomat met with Kuwait's ruler Sunday on his first visit to the Western-allied Gulf state since Iran's moderate President Hassan Rouhani took office in August.
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's nuclear chief said Sunday that the Islamic Republic needs more nuclear power plants, the country's official news agency reported, just after it struck a deal regarding its contested nuclear program with world powers.
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's official news agency says the country has redeployed two warships after refitting them with new anti-ship missiles.
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's President Hassan Rouhani says his country intends to increase production from a giant gas field shared with neighboring Qatar.
TEHRAN, Iran - The nuclear deal struck by Iran and six world powers will put more rubber on the road in the Islamic Republic.
WASHINGTON - Since Jimmy Carter's utter miscalculations led to the installation of a radical theocracy in Iran, the Persian nation has become a thorn in the world's body politic - a rogue state in many ways fostering terrorism and preparing a nuclear capability that frightens most of its neighbors.
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's foreign minister says his country will not enter nuclear talks with its arch-enemy Israel.