- Obama: Iran nuclear deal 'will have my name on it' Updated: May-22-15 12:01 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama said Friday he "forcefully" objects to suggestions that policy differences between his administration and the Israeli government signal his lack of support for the longtime U.S. ally.
- CANNES WATCH: Karlie Kloss stuns, Andie MacDowell reveals Updated: May-21-15 7:55 pm
CANNES, France - Day Nine at the Cannes Film Festival showed off model Karlie Kloss' figure in a slinky little Tom Ford number, while actress Andie MacDowell revealed why she never showed up at Cannes in 1989 with her hit film "Sex, Lies and Videotape." And a film honoring designer Oscar de la Renta showed that he may be gone, but his influence at Cannes is still strong.
- Obama cites 'personal interest' in locking down Iran deal Updated: May-21-15 4:21 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama says he has a personal stake on ensuring that negotiations with Iran produce an agreement that keeps Tehran from producing a nuclear weapon over the long-term.
- Report: Iranian ship with Yemen aid has arrived in Djibouti Updated: May-21-15 3:19 pm
WASHINGTON - An Iranian cargo ship loaded with aid bound for Yemen arrived in Djibouti on Thursday and is anchored offshore, a U.S. official said.
- CANNES WATCH: Iranian film explores divorce, female style Updated: May-21-15 7:44 am
CANNES, France - Writer-director Ida Panahandeh has made a splash with her film debut, landing in competition at the Cannes Film Festival for "Nahid," fraught portrait of the byzantine legal complications and social stigmas concerning divorce and remarriage in Iran.
- Noted jazz musician Bob Belden dies in NYC at age 58 Updated: May-20-15 11:50 pm
NEW YORK - Bob Belden, a Grammy-winning jazz musician, composer, arranger and producer who was the first American musician to perform in Iran since its 1979 revolution when he toured there earlier this year, died Wednesday. He was 58.
- Usami leads Gamba Osaka to 3-1 win over FC Seoul Updated: May-20-15 6:06 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - Takashi Usami scored twice in the second half Wednesday as Gamba Osaka beat FC Seoul 3-1 to take a two-goal advantage into next week's return leg in the round of 16 of the Asian Champions League.
- Iranian leader rejects probe of alleged nuke weapons work Updated: May-20-15 3:59 pm
VIENNA - The U.S. may have to soften demands that any nuclear deal with Iran give U.N. experts a free hand to investigate possible past nuclear arms works by Tehran, after Iran's supreme leader stridently ruled out cooperation Wednesday.
- French minister: Iran seeks 24-day period in nuclear talks Updated: May-20-15 3:56 pm
PARIS - France's foreign minister says Iran wants 24 days before international inspectors could visit its nuclear sites in the event of a suspected violation of a deal with world powers over its atomic program.
- Iran rejects access to military sites, scientists Updated: May-20-15 6:38 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's supreme leader has said he will not allow international inspection of Iran's military sites or access to Iranian scientists under any nuclear agreement with world powers.
- Iran warships escort cargo vessel toward Yemen Updated: May-19-15 4:18 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. and allied officials are debating how they should handle an Iranian cargo ship that is flanked by two warships and heading toward a Yemen port, reportedly carrying humanitarian supplies for the war-wracked nation.
- Shiite militias helping Iraq repel extremists' advance Updated: May-19-15 11:43 am
Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi has called for Iranian-allied Shiite militiamen to help drive Islamic State extremists from Ramadi, the capital of Iraq's vast Sunni-dominated Anbar province.
- Report: Afghanistan's Taliban sends delegation to Iran Updated: May-19-15 9:17 am
TEHRAN, Iran - A delegation from Afghanistan's Taliban has arrived in Iran to discuss the situation of Afghan migrants and issues in the Islamic world, Iran's semi-official Tasnim news agency reported Tuesday.
- Iran extends new credit line to Syria Updated: May-19-15 9:08 am
BEIRUT - Syria's official news agency says Iran is extending a credit line to make up for market needs and reports that the two countries have signed several agreements in the fields of electricity, industry, oil and investment.
- Trial of Washington Post reporter in Iran to start next week Updated: May-19-15 7:44 am
TEHRAN, Iran - The trial of a Washington Post reporter detained in Iran for nearly 10 months will begin next week, a defense lawyer representing the Iranian-American journalist said Tuesday.
- Khamenei's adviser dismisses Iran role in Argentina bombing Updated: May-19-15 12:19 am
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - An adviser to Iran's supreme leader is dismissing accusations that he masterminded Argentina's worst terrorist attack and says that he and the Islamic Republic are innocent.
- Q&A: The IS group captures Iraq's Ramadi Updated: May-18-15 2:25 pm
Nearly a year after sweeping across northern and western Iraq, the Islamic State group this weekend seized Ramadi, capital of the western Anbar province, routing Iraqi forces despite heavy U.S.-led airstrikes.
- Kerry slams North Korea, vows security for South Updated: May-18-15 2:43 am
SEOUL, South Korea - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on Monday accused North Korea of a litany of crimes and atrocities while reassuring South Korea of America's "ironclad" security commitments.
- Iran's supreme leader: US after own interests in Gulf waters Updated: May-16-15 7:44 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's supreme leader said Saturday the U.S. only is pursuing its own interests amid worries about safety in the waterways of the Persian Gulf, just after U.S. President Barack Obama hosted Arab leaders at Camp David to assuage their security concerns.
- Kerry: Iran nuclear deal could be lesson for North Korea Updated: May-16-15 5:35 am
BEIJING - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said Saturday he is hopeful that the successful conclusion of a nuclear deal with Iran will send a positive message to North Korea to restart negotiations on its own atomic program.
- No one hurt onboard ship fired on by Iranians in Gulf Updated: May-15-15 11:34 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - No one onboard a Singapore-flagged commercial tanker that was fired on by an Iranian naval patrol in the Persian Gulf was injured and the ship did not sustain serious damage, the companies responsible for it said Friday.
- Obama vows to keep Arab allies secure amid Iran deal fears Updated: May-15-15 3:44 am
WASHINGTON - Charging toward an Iran nuclear agreement, President Barack Obama is assuring Arab allies that they are safe from the threat of an empowered Tehran as he seeks to shore up some of America's most critical security partnerships. However, Obama's claim of winning Arab support for his nuclear diplomacy appears far from certain.
- US: Iran fired on Singaporean cargo ship in Gulf Updated: May-14-15 5:58 pm
WASHINGTON - An Iranian naval patrol boat fired on a Singapore-flagged commercial ship in the Persian Gulf on Thursday in an apparent attempt to disable it over a financial dispute over damage to an Iranian oil platform, a U.S. official said.
- House passes bill for Congress to review Iran nuclear deal Updated: May-14-15 5:15 pm
WASHINGTON - Congress on Thursday sent President Barack Obama a bill to give lawmakers the power to review and potentially reject a nuclear deal with Iran.
- Copies of famous artworks replace ads on Tehran billboards Updated: May-14-15 9:10 am
TEHRAN, Iran - In an unusual move by Tehran's mayor, hundreds of copies of famous artworks - both of world masters and Iranian artists - have been plastered on some 1,500 billboards across the city, transforming the Iranian capital into a gigantic, open-air exhibition.