- Official: Iran will not discuss missile program Updated: Apr-16-14 4:26 am
- Iran protests UN ambassador ban to United Nations Updated: Apr-15-14 3:49 pm
- Iran envoy visits Emirates in sign of warming ties Updated: Apr-15-14 10:34 am
- UN expert urges Iran to halt woman's execution Updated: Apr-14-14 11:23 am
- Family of ex-Marine in Iran sees hope of freedom Updated: Apr-13-14 8:55 pm
- US ambassador: Talks with Iran continuing Updated: Apr-13-14 11:00 am
- Report: Iran's border guards start limited drill Updated: Apr-13-14 8:49 am
- Iran calls off plan to send warships to Atlantic Updated: Apr-13-14 5:53 am
- Lawyer: Ex-Marine gets 10-year sentence in Iran Updated: Apr-12-14 3:46 pm
- Iran rejects naming new UN envoy after US refusal Updated: Apr-12-14 1:37 pm
- No. 2 US diplomat to retire Updated: Apr-11-14 4:50 pm
- Report: Iranians protest burying American scholar Updated: Apr-10-14 3:02 pm
- Queiroz aiming to take Iran to the next level Updated: Apr-10-14 6:06 am
- 5 Iran players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-10-14 6:06 am
- Lack of match practice no deterrent for Iran Updated: Apr-10-14 6:05 am
- Argentina is the big favorite in Group F Updated: Apr-10-14 5:57 am
- Israel launches new spy satellite Updated: Apr-10-14 4:07 am
- Russia rejects US warnings over oil deal with Iran Updated: Apr-09-14 4:46 pm
- Iran: '50 to 60 percent agreement' on nuke deal Updated: Apr-09-14 3:37 pm
- Iran: US position on envoy pick is 'unacceptable' Updated: Apr-09-14 9:56 am
- Bipartisan critics slam Kerry on foreign policy Updated: Apr-08-14 3:23 pm
- US tells Iran that UN envoy pick is 'not viable' Updated: Apr-08-14 1:52 pm
- Russia oil talks pose new hurdle to Iran nuke pact Updated: Apr-08-14 12:48 pm
- Kerry offers sober assessment of Iran nuke talks Updated: Apr-08-14 11:40 am
- Iran starts joint naval drill with Pakistan Updated: Apr-08-14 3:08 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Tehran will not discuss its ballistic missiles as part of ongoing talks with world powers on a final agreement to curb the Iranian nuclear program, the country's defense minister said Wednesday.
UNITED NATIONS - Iran has formally protested Washington's refusal to grant a visa to its new U.N. ambassador, saying the move damages international diplomacy and sets a "dangerous" precedent.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - State media in the United Arab Emirates says Dubai's ruler has welcomed the Iranian foreign minister at his palace, a sign of warming ties between the two countries.
GENEVA - A United Nations human rights investigator is urging Iran to stop the planned execution of a woman said to be the victim of a sexual assault over concerns that she didn't receive a fair trial.
DETROIT - The Michigan family of a former Marine imprisoned in Iran since his 2011 arrest on spying charges is hopeful that he could be released soon because of recent developments in his case, including his conviction for a lesser offense, a family spokesman said Sunday.
WASHINGTON - The United States' ambassador to the United Nations says talks about Iran's nuclear program are continuing undisturbed by Washington's decision to block Tehran's ambassador to the diplomatic body.
TEHRAN, Iran - Iranian state television is reporting that a four-day, limited drill for border guards has begun in five provinces near the Islamic Republic's border with Iraq.
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's semi-official Fars news agency is reporting that the country has temporarily called off a plan to dispatch warships to the Atlantic Ocean.
TEHRAN, Iran - An Iranian appeals court has overturned a death sentence of a former U.S. Marine convicted of working for the CIA, instead sentencing him to 10 years in prison, his lawyer said Saturday.
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran rejected naming a new diplomat Saturday to represent it at the United Nations, with one lawmaker urging the Islamic Republic to stand up to "bullying" from the U.S., which has rejected granting its pick a visa.
WASHINGTON - The second-highest ranking American diplomat is retiring this fall after a 32-year career in the foreign service that included stints as U.S. ambassador to Russia and Jordan, top Middle East hand and leader of a team that held secret talks with Iran.
TEHRAN, Iran - An Iranian news agency says dozens of people have protested against the expected burial of an American scholar in the country's historic city of Isfahan.
Iran coach Carlos Queiroz already has plenty of World Cup experience, and the country's national football team will be hoping to make the most of it in Brazil.
With several European-based players in the squad, Iran will be heading to the World Cup with plenty of top level international experience.
Playing in a World Cup group containing Argentina, Nigeria and Bosnia was always going to be difficult, even before Iran's lack of warm-up games factored into the equation.
Barring a major upset at the World Cup, Argentina will finish at the top of Group F and let the other three teams compete for second place.
JERUSALEM - Israel's Defense Ministry said on Thursday that it has successfully launched a new observation satellite into orbit, one which is expected to be used to observe Iran and hostile militant groups in the Middle East.
MOSCOW - A senior Russian diplomat on Wednesday angrily rejected U.S. warnings against striking an oil-for-goods contract with Iran, saying that Moscow wouldn't be intimidated by threats.
VIENNA - Iran's foreign minister said Wednesday his country and six world powers are in "50 to 60 percent agreement" on the shape of a deal meant to crimp any potential Iranian attempt to build nuclear arms in exchange for an end to crippling economic sanctions.
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran says the U.S.' rejection of Tehran's pick to be Iran's new ambassador to the United Nations is "not acceptable."
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry pushed back Tuesday against withering criticism by Republicans and some fellow Democrats, defending the Obama administration's response to an emboldened Russia, nuclear talks with Iran and the Syrian civil war.
WASHINGTON - The White House says the United States has notified Iran's government that its pick to be Iran's new U.N. ambassador is not viable.
WASHINGTON - The United States could impose economic sanctions if Iran and Russia move forward with a reported oil-for-goods contract, Secretary of State John Kerry said Tuesday, discussing with a Senate panel an emerging threat to talks designed to finalize a nuclear deal with Iran.
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry is offering a sober assessment of the new round of nuclear talks between Iran and six world powers.
TEHRAN, Iran - Iranian state television says Iran has started a joint naval drill with the Pakistani navy east of the strategic Strait of Hormuz, through which one fifth of the world's oil supply passes.