- Latest Clinton emails show frustrations at State with email Updated: Aug-31-15 11:46 pm
WASHINGTON - Aides to Hillary Rodham Clinton at the State Department complained about the limitations of using email to discuss sensitive diplomatic information, according to the latest batch of emails released by the agency from Clinton's tenure as secretary of state.
- Obama offended by attacks on Jews who back Iran deal Updated: Aug-31-15 7:00 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama said people who attack Jews who support the Iran nuclear deal are like African-Americans who differ with him on policy and then conclude he's "not black enough."
- Iran's Parliament speaker says he supports nuclear deal Updated: Aug-31-15 4:50 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Iran's Parliament speaker said Monday that he supports the historic nuclear deal with world powers aimed at reining in Tehran's efforts to build a bomb.
- Oklahoma, Michigan attorneys general call for Iran sanctions Updated: Aug-31-15 4:40 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The attorneys general of Oklahoma and Michigan are urging leaders in every state to impose state-based sanctions against Iran in response to a nuclear accord between Iran, the U.S. and other nations.
- US Sen. Tom Cotton meets with Netanyahu in Israel Updated: Aug-31-15 3:47 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Republican U.S. Sen. Tom Cotton says he talked about the Iran nuclear agreement with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu during a weeklong trip to Israel.
- Energy chief: US has ability to monitor Iran nuclear program Updated: Aug-31-15 3:45 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - The U.S. Energy Department has extensive technical expertise that will help verify whether Iran is complying with its commitment to limit its nuclear program under an international agreement, the U.S. energy secretary said Monday in Colorado.
- US Rep. Joe Kennedy backing Iran nuclear weapons deal Updated: Aug-31-15 1:47 pm
BOSTON - U.S. Rep. Joe Kennedy is backing the nuclear deal with Iran, joining a majority of the state's all-Democratic congressional delegation in supporting the international agreement.
- Iran sentences 2 people to jail for spying for US, Israel Updated: Aug-30-15 1:25 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's official IRNA news agency says two people have been sentenced to 10 years in prison after being convicted of spying for the United States and Israel.
- Michigan rally shows support for ex-Marine held by Iran Updated: Aug-29-15 7:04 pm
BAY CITY, Michigan - Dozens of people at a Michigan rally released balloons Saturday to mark the four-year anniversary of Iran's refusal to free a former Marine from prison.
- Iran president opposes parliament vote on nuclear deal Updated: Aug-29-15 1:29 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - President Hassan Rouhani said Saturday he opposes a parliamentary vote on the landmark nuclear deal reached with world powers because terms of the agreement would turn into legal obligations if passed by lawmakers.
- Illinois' Durbin gets a shot at political redemption Updated: Aug-29-15 9:53 am
WASHINGTON - For all its fraught politics and geopolitical import, the Iran nuclear agreement offers something very personal for Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois: a chance at political redemption.
- Vote tally in favor of Iran deal climbs to 30 in Senate Updated: Aug-28-15 2:35 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic Sen. Tom Carper of Delaware on Friday became the 30th senator to announce support for the Iran nuclear deal, as momentum for the White House-backed agreement grows.
- Correction: Iran-Nuclear story Updated: Aug-28-15 2:00 pm
VIENNA - In a story Aug. 19 about an arrangement over alleged past nuclear weapons work between Iran and the International Atomic Energy Agency, The Associated Press erroneously referred to Parchin as a "nuclear site. In fact, it's a military site where some believe nuclear work occurred.
- Correction: Iran-Nuclear story Updated: Aug-28-15 1:08 pm
VIENNA - In a story Aug. 19 about an arrangement over alleged past nuclear weapons work between Iran and the International Atomic Energy Agency, The Associated Press reported erroneously referred to Parchin as a "nuclear site." In fact, it is a military site where some believe nuclear weapons work may have occurred.
- US sanctions chief visits Israel amid Iran jitters Updated: Aug-28-15 5:28 am
JERUSALEM - The U.S. Department of the Treasury's sanctions chief is visiting Israel amid concerns in Jerusalem over the nuclear deal with Iran.
- Sen. Collins to announce vote on Iran deal after Labor Day Updated: Aug-28-15 4:05 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Sen. Susan Collins of Maine is the lone GOP senator yet to say how she's going to vote on the Iran nuclear deal negotiated by the U.S. and other countries.
- Trump, Cruz to hold joint event to blast Iran deal Updated: Aug-27-15 5:17 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - GOP presidential candidates Donald Trump and Ted Cruz are expected to headline a Capitol Hill rally against President Obama's proposed nuclear agreement with Iran, both candidates confirmed Thursday.
- Lankford criticizes Iran deal, EPA during chamber luncheon Updated: Aug-27-15 4:48 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - U.S. Sen. James Lankford criticized the Obama administration on Thursday for the Iran nuclear deal and the Environmental Protection Agency for its interpretation of federal law during a speech before the Edmond Chamber of Commerce.
- Talks between Obama, Saudi king will include Iran's actions Updated: Aug-27-15 12:48 pm
WASHINGTON - The White House says next week's visit by Saudi Arabia's King Salman will include talks about Yemen, Syria and Iran's actions to destabilize the region.
- IAEA reports Iran broadly complying with nuclear accords Updated: Aug-27-15 11:03 am
WASHINGTON - Iran is broadly complying with agreements on curtailing its nuclear program, the International Atomic Energy Agency reported Thursday in its first update since last month's deal between Tehran and world powers. It noted concern, however, with an Iranian military site where nuclear weapons work may have occurred more than a decade ago.
- NY Congresswoman Maloney intends to vote against Iran deal Updated: Aug-27-15 10:29 am
NEW YORK - Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney is the latest New York lawmaker to oppose President Barack Obama's Iran nuclear agreement.
- Report links hacking scheme to Iran Updated: Aug-27-15 6:13 am
NEW YORK - Researchers have linked a sophisticated hacking scheme targeting Iranian dissidents back to Iran.
- Suspect in 1996 Khobar Towers bombing arrested Updated: Aug-26-15 10:46 am
WASHINGTON - A man suspected in the 1996 bombing of the Khobar Towers residence at a U.S. military base in Saudi Arabia has been captured, a U.S. official said Wednesday.
- Iran again calls on US to release 19 detained Iranians Updated: Aug-26-15 6:20 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's Foreign Ministry spokeswoman has again raised the issue of 19 Iranians held in the U.S., calling for them to be released amid the trial of a detained Washington Post reporter.
- White House: Obama's 'crazies' reference a 'little too flip' Updated: Aug-25-15 3:56 pm
WASHINGTON - The White House says President Barack Obama's reference to "the crazies" in Congress may have been "a little too flip" and was not about Iran.