- Israelis shoot, kill Jordanian judge at border Updated: Mar-10-14 11:08 am
- Orthodox NYC Jews protest proposed Israeli draft Updated: Mar-09-14 8:19 pm
- AP Interview: Jihadi head says Gaza groups growing Updated: Mar-09-14 6:55 pm
- Arab envoys say no to Israel as Jewish state Updated: Mar-09-14 3:34 pm
- Israel: 40 rockets in alleged Iranian shipment Updated: Mar-09-14 2:01 pm
- Activists say 50 Israelis refuse army service Updated: Mar-09-14 9:49 am
- Iconic Israeli paper fails to print Sunday edition Updated: Mar-09-14 4:56 am
- Stern Israeli airport security measures questioned Updated: Mar-08-14 10:59 am
- Obama warns party to focus on 2014, not 2016 Updated: Mar-08-14 3:22 am
- Mexico to host Israel in exhibition on May 26 Updated: Mar-07-14 3:29 pm
- Mexico announces friendly against Israel Updated: Mar-07-14 3:03 pm
- Gaza militants deny involvement in arms shipment Updated: Mar-07-14 11:05 am
- Netanyahu speaks about Iran at Los Angeles museum Updated: Mar-06-14 3:00 pm
- Obama asks top aide Susan Rice to travel to Israel Updated: Mar-05-14 9:04 pm
- Iran stands firm on maintaining a nuclear program Updated: Mar-05-14 6:01 am
- Israeli army fires on militants on Syrian border Updated: Mar-05-14 3:11 am
- Israel tightens grip on heart of West Bank Updated: Mar-05-14 2:11 am
- Netanyahu to Abbas: 'Recognize the Jewish state' Updated: Mar-04-14 3:54 pm
- Netanyahu: Press Iran harder on nuclear program Updated: Mar-04-14 12:02 pm
- Obama: Tough choices nearing in Mideast talks Updated: Mar-03-14 4:10 pm
- Ultra-Orthodox rally in Israel against draft bill Updated: Mar-02-14 1:25 pm
- AP PHOTOS: Ultra-Orthodox Jews protest in Israel Updated: Mar-02-14 1:23 pm
- Hollywood movie titles lost in translation Updated: Feb-28-14 11:59 am
- Cyprus water plan: peace pipeline or Trojan Horse? Updated: Feb-28-14 7:21 am
- Dahlan, exiled Palestinian leader, builds comeback Updated: Feb-28-14 5:29 am
JERUSALEM - Israeli guards shot and killed a Jordanian judge on Monday who the Israelis said tried to grab a rifle from a soldier at the border crossing between the West Bank and Jordan.
NEW YORK - Lower Manhattan turned into a human river of black-garbed people on Sunday as tens of thousands ultra-Orthodox Jews took to the streets, their anguished prayers booming through loudspeakers in protest of Israel's proposal to draft strictly religious citizens into its military.
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - A leader of one of Gaza's secretive jihadi groups says the al-Qaida-inspired movement now has several thousand armed fighters in the seaside strip, posing a formidable threat to both Israel and the area's Hamas rulers.
CAIRO - Arab foreign ministers on Sunday rejected Israel's demands that the Palestinians recognize it as a Jewish state, saying such a move would undermine the rights of Palestinian refugees.
EILAT, Israel - Israel's military says a cargo ship it intercepted in the Red Sea last week carried 40 rockets with a range of up to 160 kilometers (100 miles) and dozens of mortar shells.
JERUSALEM - Activists say a group of some 50 Israeli youths have sent Israel's prime minister a petition refusing to enlist for compulsory military service to protest Israel's occupation of Palestinian territories, the largest such group of objectors since 2001.
JERUSALEM - An iconic Israeli newspaper has not printed its Sunday edition as its publisher is seeking to keep the paper from collapse.
JERUSALEM - Jack Angelides was about to board a flight out of Israel's international airport when he was given a curious choice that baffles him to this day. Traveling with a laptop and a stack of printed reading material, he was told to part with one or the other, due to unspecified security concerns.
WASHINGTON - Democrats could get walloped in the November elections. The party gets sleepy and distracted in the midterms. And its supporters simply may not show up to vote.
MEXICO CITY - Mexico will host Israel on May 26 in Azteca Stadium as part of its preparations for the World Cup.
MEXICO CITY - Mexico will face Israel on May 26 in Azteca Stadium, its last World Cup warm-up on home soil.
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - An Iranian-backed militant group in the Gaza Strip says it is not involved in a seized missile shipment that Israel says came from Iran and was destined for Gaza.
LOS ANGELES - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told Jewish community leaders on Thursday that he was determined to contain Iran's nuclear program and protect the state of Israel from Iran.
WASHINGTON - The White House says President Barack Obama has asked National Security Adviser Susan Rice to travel to Israel in May. Her visit comes after bilateral talks this week between Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Obama. Rice would lead the U.S. delegation to the U.S.-Israel Consultative Group.
TOKYO - Iran's foreign minister pushed back Wednesday against calls for deeper cuts to its nuclear program.
JERUSALEM - Israeli troops opened fire Wednesday on two suspected militants as they were trying to plant an explosive device along the frontier with Syria, the military said, blaming the incident on the Lebanese militant Hezbollah group.
LUBBAN AL-SHARKIYEH, West Bank - Ahmed Awais is desperate to get out of his parents' cramped home where he, his wife and three preschool children share one room, sleeping on mattresses on the floor.
WASHINGTON - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Tuesday that reassuring words from Iranian officials about not wanting nuclear weapons do not square with Tehran's actions - and that the international community needs to exert more pressure to deny Iran the capability of making nuclear arms.
WASHINGTON - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says Iran must be prevented from having nuclear weapons as well as the capacity to make them.
WASHINGTON - Seeking to salvage an elusive Middle East peace plan, President Barack Obama pressed Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Monday to make the "tough decisions" needed to move forward on talks with the Palestinians.
JERUSALEM - Hundreds of thousands of ultra-Orthodox Jews rallied Sunday in the streets of Jerusalem, blocking roads and paralyzing the city in a massive show of force against plans to require them to serve in the Israeli military.
JERUSALEM - Clad in traditional black suits and hats, hundreds of thousands of ultra-Orthodox Jews have rallied in Jerusalem, protesting a bill that would see members of the community drafted into Israel's armed forces.
JERUSALEM - David O. Russell's crime drama "American Hustle" could be a big winner at Sunday's Academy Awards. But for the movie's many international fans, it may take a little longer to realize it. In their country, there is simply no word that captures the true essence of "Hustle."
KIRNI, Cyprus - Mehmet Eligon points to a yellow patch of grass on his sprawling farm to show how this year's meager rains are drying up feed for his goats, sheep and Holstein cows.
RAMALLAH, West Bank - Fueled by millions in Gulf aid dollars that are his to distribute, an exiled Palestinian operative seems to be orchestrating a comeback that could position him as a potential successor to aging Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas.