- Kuwait opposition figure promises new protests Updated: Apr-12-14 2:50 pm
- Kuwait gives $249.5 million to Syrian relief aid Updated: Apr-07-14 5:05 pm
- Soldiers killed at Fort Hood had years of service Updated: Apr-04-14 8:01 pm
- Fort Hood reveals identities of 3 soldiers killed Updated: Apr-04-14 7:37 pm
- Arab summit lays bare serious cracks on Syria Updated: Mar-26-14 4:10 pm
KUWAIT CITY - A Kuwaiti opposition group led by a former lawmaker convicted of making comments considered insulting to the ruling emir says it plans to launch a series of street protests to press for reform in the Gulf state.
UNITED NATIONS - Kuwait is donating $249.5 million to the United Nations and other humanitarian agencies to help relieve the Syrian crisis.
FORT HOOD, Texas - Lt. Gen. Mark Milley, commander at the Fort Hood Army post in Texas, on Friday released the names of the three soldiers killed by Spc. Ivan Lopez, who then used the same .45-caliber pistol to kill himself. Milley said the shooting rampage on Wednesday at Fort Hood followed a verbal altercation.
FORT HOOD, Texas - The three soldiers killed in a shooting rampage at Fort Hood by another military man had served in the military for years and been deployed to Iraq as well as other places.
KUWAIT CITY - An Arab summit that ended Wednesday exposed cracks in what was once solid Arab support for Syrian rebels, with Saudi Arabia and Qatar divided over which factions to back and Syria's neighbors increasingly expressing fatigue with the flood of refugees from the country's civil war.