- Syrian rebels release nuns held since December Updated: Mar-09-14 8:13 pm
- Domestic violence cases spark protests in Lebanon Updated: Mar-08-14 1:29 pm
- Militants apologize for killing Lebanese civilians Updated: Mar-08-14 9:13 am
- Danish reporter freed after Mideast abduction Updated: Mar-07-14 12:38 pm
- Battle for Syrian rebel town erases Lebanon border Updated: Mar-06-14 4:31 pm
- Airline: Iraq stops landing over official's son Updated: Mar-06-14 12:52 pm
- Leaders meet in Paris to win help for Lebanon Updated: Mar-05-14 5:03 pm
- Israeli army fires on militants on Syrian border Updated: Mar-05-14 3:11 am
- Lebanon's political system sinks nation into debt Updated: Mar-05-14 2:08 am
- In Syria, government pursues local cease-fires Updated: Mar-01-14 12:33 pm
- From Riyadh to Beirut, fear of Syria blowback Updated: Feb-28-14 4:10 pm
- Lebanon prosecutor wants hard-line cleric executed Updated: Feb-28-14 1:23 pm
- Married man to become Maronite priest in US Updated: Feb-27-14 3:02 pm
- Angry funeral held for man over anti-Shiite song Updated: Feb-27-14 12:37 pm
- Israel takes risk with airstrike on Hezbollah Updated: Feb-26-14 6:03 pm
- Diplomats ponder aid to Lebanon in Syria's wake Updated: Feb-25-14 5:15 pm
- Sunni anger in Lebanon against army grows Updated: Feb-25-14 10:00 am
- Official: Iran has studied Israeli strike tactics Updated: Feb-25-14 6:17 am
- Report: Israeli airstrikes hit eastern Lebanon Updated: Feb-24-14 5:09 pm
- Sen. King back from Middle East trip Updated: Feb-20-14 4:48 pm
- US senators condemn blasts in Beirut Updated: Feb-19-14 12:52 pm
- Lebanese presidential palace alters handout photo Updated: Feb-16-14 3:19 pm
- Lebanese rally behind Olympic skier who posed nude Updated: Feb-14-14 3:38 pm
- Syria's Homs: Evacuee tells of life under siege Updated: Feb-12-14 3:51 pm
- Lebanon minister orders probe of topless Olympian Updated: Feb-11-14 11:26 am
MASNA, Lebanon - Rebels in Syria freed more than a dozen Greek Orthodox nuns on Monday, ending their four-month captivity in exchange for Syrian authorities releasing dozens of female prisoners.
BEIRUT - Nada Sabbagh received a brief, chilling telephone call from her son-in-law last month telling her: "Come to your daughter. I am going to kill her."
BEIRUT - A militant group issued a rare apology Saturday for a twin suicide bombing in Beirut that killed eight people and wounded dozens, including children from a nearby orphanage.
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - A Danish official says a journalist from the country has been released after being held captive for a month in the Middle East, likely in either Lebanon or Syria.
ARSAL, Lebanon - Sunnis and Shiites from Lebanon are streaming into Syria to take up arms on opposite sides of a fierce battle over a rebel stronghold - a fight that has effectively erased the border between the two countries and underlined how Lebanon is being sucked into the civil war next door.
BEIRUT - Iraqi authorities on Thursday denied permission to a plane belonging to Lebanon's national carrier to land in Baghdad after a son of an Iraqi minister missed the flight, Middle East Airline said in a statement.
PARIS - An international support group for Lebanon appealed Wednesday for nations to extend pledges of financial help for the fragile country, which is coping with an influx of Syrian refugees, terror attacks and a struggling economy.
JERUSALEM - Israeli troops opened fire Wednesday on two suspected militants as they were trying to plant an explosive device along the frontier with Syria, the military said, blaming the incident on the Lebanese militant Hezbollah group.
BEIRUT - Lebanese politicians are looking for tens of millions of dollars in aid at a Paris conference on Wednesday with U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and world diplomats to help their country cope with a flood of refugees from neighboring Syria's civil war. But while authorities plead for cash, Lebanon's house is hardly in order.
BEIRUT - In one besieged neighborhood after another, weary rebels have turned over their weapons to the Syrian government in exchange for an easing of suffocating blockades that have prevented food, medicine and other staples from reaching civilians trapped inside.
BISARIYEH, Lebanon - The once-tranquil, religiously mixed village of Bisariyeh is seething: Two of its young men who fought alongside the rebels in Syria recently returned home radicalized and staged suicide bombings in Lebanon.
BEIRUT - A Lebanese military prosecutor has charged a hard-line Sunni cleric with being involved in a deadly shootout with government troops and killing of soldiers, demanding he face the death penalty.
ST. LOUIS - When Deacon Wissam Akiki is ordained as a Maronite Catholic priest Thursday night in St. Louis, he's expected to have hundreds of supporters there for him, including his wife and daughter.
BEIRUT - Angry mourners gathered in Beirut to bury a Sunni man, rumored to be the singer of a tune urging violent death upon Shiites, in the latest manifestation of how the war in neighboring Syria has inflamed hatreds in Lebanon that now extend even to music.
JERUSALEM - Israel has opened a new front in its attempts to halt weapons smuggling to Hezbollah, striking one of the group's positions inside Lebanon for the first time since the sides fought a war eight years ago.
WASHINGTON - A senior U.S. official says a coalition of international diplomats and bankers will meet over a political and humanitarian crisis looming in Lebanon as it struggles with spillover from the war in neighboring Syria.
TRIPOLI, Lebanon - From radical preachers to irreverent taxi drivers, anger is spreading through Lebanon's Sunni community toward the country's military, adding a dangerous twist to Lebanon's instability, already shaken by relentless bombings.
TEHRAN, Iran - A senior Iranian military official said Tuesday that the Islamic Republic has analyzed Israeli strikes during the 2006 war in Lebanon to boost its own defense capabilities against the U.S. and Israel.
BEIRUT - Lebanon's state news agency says Israeli aircraft have carried out two airstrikes in eastern Lebanon near the Syrian border.
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine Sen. Angus King says it was unnerving to be in a country when a pair of suicide bombs killed eight people.
BEIRUT - Two visiting U.S. senators condemned a double suicide bombing that ripped through a Shiite stronghold of the Lebanese capital Wednesday, saying they were concerned about the spillover effects of Syria's civil war.
BEIRUT - A government-produced picture of Lebanese officials posing with members of the new cabinet was altered to include a picture of the speaker of parliament who wasn't actually there, an official with the presidential palace has acknowledged.
BEIRUT - The video of Jacky Chamoun that surfaced on the Internet as she prepared for the Sochi Olympics caused quite a stir in Lebanon, and exposed some deeper issues.
BEIRUT - Weeping children begged for food and women picked grass to eat as hunger gripped rebel-held neighborhoods of the Syrian city of Homs during a nearly two-year military blockade, according to a rare first-hand account by a man evacuated during a truce this week.
BEIRUT - Lebanon's Sports and Youth Minister has ordered an investigation into revealing photographs and a video in which the country's Olympic skier is seen topless.