- The Latest: Record 150-plus world leaders at UN summit Updated: Oct-03-15 2:03 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The latest developments from the annual meeting of the U.N. General Assembly, where world leaders are grappling with a multitude of global crises, including the fight against terrorism - the Islamic State in particular - and easing the refugee crisis in the Middle East and North Africa (all times local):
- Oman, again the Mideast mediator, helps free Yemen hostages Updated: Sep-21-15 11:54 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The two American hostages, freed after months of being held hostage in Yemen's raging civil war, took their first steps to freedom down a staircase pushed against a gleaming Oman royal air force jet.
- Yemen rebels release foreign hostages, including 2 Americans Updated: Sep-20-15 3:34 pm
SANAA, Yemen - Yemen's Shiite Houthi rebels have released six foreign hostages, including two Americans, and flown them to the Gulf country of Oman, which helped negotiate their release, officials said Sunday.
- White House reports 2 Americans held in Yemen are released Updated: Sep-20-15 1:43 pm
WASHINGTON - Two Americans held in war-torn Yemen were released and sent to Oman, the White House said Sunday.
- Syria scores easy win in World Cup Asian qualifiers Updated: Sep-08-15 10:20 am
TOKYO - War-torn Syria's national soccer team won its third straight World Cup qualifying match on Tuesday, routing Cambodia 6-0 in Phnom Penh.