- Iran coach says Guam visa hassles nothing to do with soccer Updated: Aug-23-15 4:12 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Iran coach Carlos Queiroz says the frustrations faced by the tiny Pacific island of Guam in obtaining visas to travel to Tehran for a World Cup qualifier next month give just a glimpse of the problems long faced by his team in negotiating international soccer.
- Toughest part of pedaling through Iran? Coming home Updated: Aug-21-15 6:20 am
RENO, Nevada - Cyclist Rick Gunn left his South Lake Tahoe home for Iran before getting official permission to get into the country.
- Iran carpet industry seeks revival with lifting of sanctions Updated: Aug-11-15 7:53 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's famed carpet weavers are busy at work following the country's historic nuclear deal with world powers, anticipating a boost in exports as sanctions are set to be lifted in the months ahead.
- Iran nuclear deal opens diplomatic channels for Syria Updated: Aug-07-15 4:58 pm
BEIRUT - The nuclear deal with Iran was widely expected to affect other Middle East issues, and that may already be happening with Syria: A series of recent diplomatic maneuvers suggest a growing willingness to at least engage with the Iranian-backed government of Bashar Assad on ways to end the country's civil war.
- French woman kidnapped in Yemen returns to France Updated: Aug-07-15 4:25 pm
PARIS - A French woman who was abducted in Yemen in February along with her translator arrived back in France Friday after being freed.