- Saudi Arabia names Brotherhood a terrorist group Updated: Mar-07-14 2:37 pm
- Saudi, UAE, Bahrain withdraw envoys from Qatar Updated: Mar-05-14 1:10 pm
- UAE sentences Qatari to 7 years in Islamist trial Updated: Mar-03-14 12:55 pm
- Qatar eyes US preclearance for air travelers Updated: Mar-02-14 10:26 am
- Blast hits Qatar's capital of Doha, killing 12 Updated: Feb-27-14 12:28 pm
- Britain's Prince Charles extends Gulf tour Updated: Feb-21-14 9:37 am
- Halep beats Kerber to win 1st title of year Updated: Feb-16-14 1:05 pm
- 2022 World Cup leaders outline rights for workers Updated: Feb-11-14 4:04 pm
- English gay footballer slams FIFA on Russia, Qatar Updated: Feb-10-14 5:53 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia identified the Muslim Brotherhood as a terrorist group along with al-Qaida and others Friday, warning those who join them or support them they could face five to 30 years in prison.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain recalled their ambassadors from Qatar on Wednesday in an unusually public dispute among the clubby Western-allied Gulf Arab states, a move analysts say centers on their neighbor's support for the Muslim Brotherhood and its perceived aggressive meddling in regional conflicts.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The United Arab Emirates' top court convicted a Qatari doctor and sentenced him to seven years in prison on Monday in the latest move by the Gulf federation against the Muslim Brotherhood and its perceived Islamist allies.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A top aviation official in Qatar says the Gulf state is applying to have a U.S. preclearance customs facility to screen travelers headed to the United States.
DOHA, Qatar - An apparent gas explosion Thursday at a restaurant near a filling station in the Qatari capital killed 12 people and wounded several more, emergency services officials in the energy-rich Gulf nation said.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Buckingham Palace says Britain's Prince Charles is extending a Middle East trip to include stops in the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain.
DOHA, Qatar - Seventh-seeded Simona Halep of Romania won her first title of the year with a 6-2, 6-3 victory over sixth-seeded Angelique Kerber of Germany in the Qatar Open final on Sunday.
Qatar sought to allay widespread concerns about conditions for migrant workers on World Cup building projects by detailing on Tuesday how their rights must be protected by contractors.
LONDON - A leading figure within the English Football Association says she won't go to the World Cups in Qatar and Russia because of their anti-gay laws.