- Syria's al-Qaida branch releases captive Lebanese soldiers Updated: Dec-01-15 7:26 am
BEIRUT - Syria's al-Qaida branch on Tuesday released a group of Lebanese troops held captive for over a year as part of a Qatar-brokered swap that involved Lebanon setting free at least 11 prisoners wanted by the militants, including a former wife of the Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
- IAAF suspends 3 senior Kenyan track and field officials Updated: Nov-30-15 1:16 pm
LONDON - Three senior Kenyan track and field federation officials were suspended by the IAAF on Monday over accusations they subverted the east African nation's anti-doping system and siphoned money from Nike.
- Qatar bans contractors leaving country in rain-damage probe Updated: Nov-28-15 3:12 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Qatar has banned contractors from leaving the small, oil-rich country as it carries out a probe into how heavy rains damaged buildings and roadways.
- Muslim teen in clock incident says he misses Texas home Updated: Nov-24-15 7:27 pm
DALLAS - The Muslim teenager arrested after bringing his clock to a suburban Dallas school says he hopes to return to Texas one day.
- Coe defensive for Eugene getting 2021 worlds without bid Updated: Nov-24-15 6:38 pm
LONDON - IAAF President Sebastian Coe is on the defensive over his role in Eugene receiving the 2021 world athletics championships without a bidding process, insisting on Tuesday that a leaked email does not show he lobbied for the small Oregon city.
- Family of Muslim teen seeks $15M in clock incident Updated: Nov-23-15 11:39 pm
IRVING, Texas - Attorneys for a 14-year-old Muslim boy arrested after the homemade clock he took to his Dallas-area school was mistaken for a possible bomb said Monday he was publicly mistreated and deserves $15 million.
- Russia 2018 World Cup CEO defends Mutko's reputation Updated: Nov-19-15 11:35 am
ZURICH - The reputation of Russia's 2018 World Cup organizing head is not at risk in the country's athletics doping scandal, the tournament CEO insisted on Thursday.
- FIFA bans leaders of Nepal, Laos federations in bribes case Updated: Nov-16-15 7:18 am
GENEVA - In yet another case of FIFA election bribery, the president of Nepal's soccer federation was banned for 10 years on Monday.
- Arab, South America leaders stress support for Palestinians Updated: Nov-11-15 1:51 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Arab and South American leaders found common ground in support for the Palestinians during a summit Wednesday aimed at strengthening ties between the two regions.
- IMF chief calls for reforms in Gulf amid low oil prices Updated: Nov-11-15 10:12 am
KUWAIT CITY - On a trip through a Gulf squeezed by low oil prices, the head of the International Monetary Fund repeatedly called on countries to cut back on subsidies, lower government spending and consider levying taxes.
- Arab, Latin American leaders in Saudi for joint summit Updated: Nov-10-15 4:09 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Heads of state from the Middle East and Latin America arrived in Saudi Arabia on Tuesday for a summit aimed at boosting trade and policy coordination between the two regions.
- The Latest: British minister: Jet likely downed by explosive Updated: Nov-09-15 1:47 pm
CAIRO - The latest on the crash of a Russian plane in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula over a week ago that killed all 224 people onboard. (All times local.)
- Grounded in Qatar, first lady to return to Washington Updated: Nov-05-15 3:54 pm
WASHINGTON - The White House says Michelle Obama is heading home after being grounded by bad weather in the Middle East.
- Michelle Obama speaks on need for girls' education worldwide Updated: Nov-04-15 7:28 am
DOHA, Qatar - U.S. first lady Michelle Obama on Wednesday called on the world to fund and promote societal change to support girls' education.
- FIFA reform commission chair: Change more likely this time Updated: Nov-03-15 2:31 pm
NEW YORK - The chairman of the FIFA reform commission says he believes soccer's leaders are more likely to make real changes this time because of pressure caused by the governing body's legal troubles.
- Chinese title just the start for Guangzhou and Scolari Updated: Nov-02-15 12:28 am
DOHA, Qatar - For Luiz Felipe Scolari, beating coaching rival Sven Goran Eriksson to the Chinese Super League title on Saturday was just the first of three targets for 2015.