- FIFA sets out timetable for 2022 WCup dates talks Updated: Dec-05-13 1:15 pm
- Qatar: US couple's adoption death case adjourned Updated: Dec-03-13 1:55 pm
- Belounis to sue former Qatari clubs Updated: Dec-03-13 8:33 am
- New deaths from MERS virus reported in the Gulf Updated: Dec-03-13 3:20 am
- Iran to produce more gas from Qatari-shared field Updated: Dec-01-13 5:28 am
- Pakistan PM in Kabul discusses Taliban Updated: Nov-30-13 10:34 am
- Scientists find mystery virus in camels in Qatar Updated: Nov-29-13 11:50 am
- Editorial: Karzai tries to pull a last minute fast one Updated: Nov-26-13 3:20 pm
- Players' union seeks urgent Qatar talks Updated: Nov-26-13 9:59 am
- Saudi: Iran nuclear deal possible 'initial step' Updated: Nov-25-13 10:01 am
- Blatter backs calls from EU on Qatar workers Updated: Nov-22-13 10:29 am
- EU criticizes conditions for World Cup workers Updated: Nov-21-13 2:37 pm
- Israel, Gulf in 'strange alliance' against Iran Updated: Nov-20-13 1:32 pm
- FIFA, trade unions to work on Qatar labor issues Updated: Nov-20-13 12:09 pm
- Qatar 2022 enforces welfare standards for workers Updated: Nov-18-13 11:56 am
- Boeing takes $100 billion in orders from Gulf Updated: Nov-18-13 9:27 am
- Rights group: Gulf must increase worker protection Updated: Nov-17-13 6:24 am
- FFA says FIFA bans Australian player over transfer Updated: Nov-16-13 3:05 am
- Valcke says April-May too hot for 2022 World Cup Updated: Nov-13-13 9:39 am
- Barcelona extends UNICEF deal until 2016 Updated: Nov-12-13 10:24 am
- UN envoy chides Qatar on worker housing 'slum' Updated: Nov-10-13 8:11 am
- Blatter says Qatar can confront issues Updated: Nov-09-13 11:14 am
- Blatter: Qatar World Cup should be Nov-Dec Updated: Nov-08-13 10:36 am
- FIFA chief: Jan-Feb 2022 Cup in Qatar not viable Updated: Nov-08-13 9:39 am
- Russia denies holding talks with Taliban in Qatar Updated: Nov-06-13 8:58 am
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - FIFA has agreed a timetable for consultation aimed at switching the 2022 World Cup kickoff in Qatar to November.
DOHA, Qatar - A court in Qatar trying an American couple charged with starving their adopted daughter to death on Tuesday adjourned the case until February.
PARIS - Zahir Belounis plans to sue his two former Qatari clubs for fraud, extortion of money and inhuman working conditions.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Health authorities in the capital of the United Arab Emirates say a woman has died from a SARS-like virus that has been centered in neighboring Saudi Arabia.
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's President Hassan Rouhani says his country intends to increase production from a giant gas field shared with neighboring Qatar.
KABUL, Afghanistan - Pakistan's prime minister said Saturday that the recent release of a senior Taliban leader shows he is committed to helping bring peace to Afghanistan.
LONDON - Health officials say they have found a mysterious respiratory virus in a herd of camels in Qatar linked to two human cases of the disease.
If Afghan President Hamid Karzai is bluffing with his 11th hour set of new conditions for the U.S. and NATO to remain in Afghanistan, we should call his bluff. If he's not bluffing, we should start packing up to depart our longest war by the end of 2014.
LONDON - A delegation from the international footballers' union is going to Qatar to challenge authorities over concerns players' rights are being abused in the 2022 World Cup host nation.
DOHA, Qatar - Saudi Arabia cautiously welcomed Monday a deal reached between world powers and Iran, describing it as a possible initial step toward reaching a comprehensive solution for Tehran's nuclear program.
ROME - FIFA president Sepp Blatter backed calls from the European Union parliament urging Qatar to stop contractors from abusing migrant workers involved in building facilities for the 2022 World Cup.
BRUSSELS - The European Union parliament urged Qatar on Thursday to immediately stop any contractors from abusing the rights of migrant workers involved in building facilities for the 2022 World Cup.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - When U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry made another stop in the Middle East this month, he received an expected earful over Washington's outreach to Iran: Don't trust Tehran, tighten sanctions even more, anything short of complete nuclear concessions is a grave mistake.
ZURICH - Pressure on Qatar to improve the labor conditions for migrant workers building 2022 World Cup projects increased on Wednesday with FIFA president Sepp Blatter describing the situation as unacceptable.
LONDON - Companies building projects for the 2022 World Cup will be forced to guarantee welfare standards for workers, Qatari organizers pledged Monday in response to a critical report alleging abuses.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - U.S.-based Boeing Co. dominated on the first day of the Dubai Airshow, netting $100 billion in orders at an event that showcased the spending power and aggressive expansion efforts of the Middle East's Gulf Arab carriers.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - An international rights group is urging Gulf Arab states to take additional steps to safeguard domestic workers who are often outside normal labor laws and protections.
SYDNEY - Football Federation Australia says world governing body FIFA has banned Australian player Mark Bresciano for four months and fined him over an illegal transfer involving clubs in the United Arab Emirates and Qatar.
GENEVA - With momentum building toward a November kickoff for the 2022 World Cup, FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke says April-May is too hot to play the tournament in Qatar.
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona says it has extended its agreement to donate 1.5 million euros ($2 million) per year to UNICEF, keeping the children's aid organization's logo on the back of its jersey until 2016.
DOHA, Qatar - A senior U.N. envoy is urging Qatar to take immediate steps to improve housing conditions for migrant laborers building projects including venues for the 2022 World Cup in the energy-rich Gulf nation, describing one housing compound as "slum-like."
DOHA, Qatar - FIFA President Sepp Blatter says he is confident of resolving all issues with the 2022 World Cup in Qatar that has come under criticism by rights groups over conditions for workers building the venues.
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - FIFA President Sepp Blatter says the 2022 World Cup in Qatar should be pushed back to autumn rather than moved up to winter.
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - FIFA President Sepp Blatter held firm Friday against shifting the 2022 World Cup in Qatar to January or February to avoid the searing summer heat in the Gulf.
MOSCOW - Russia's foreign ministry says its presidential envoy for Afghanistan is not holding talks with the Taliban in Qatar, as a senior Taliban official has claimed.