- Exiled Yemen prime minister visits war-torn city of Aden Updated: Aug-01-15 2:37 pm
SANAA, Yemen - Yemen's exiled prime minister has visited the country's war-torn city of Aden, months after a Saudi-led airstrike campaign began against Shiite Houthi rebels there, authorities said.
- Kerry in Cairo for Egypt security talks Updated: Aug-01-15 2:05 pm
CAIRO - Secretary of State John Kerry is in Cairo for security talks with Egyptian officials before heading to Qatar to try to ease Arab concerns about the Iran nuclear deal.
- UK police confirm 3 bin Ladens killed in England plane crash Updated: Aug-01-15 11:04 am
LONDON - Three relatives of the late al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden were among four people killed when a private jet crashed on landing in southern England, British police confirmed Saturday.
- Kerry off to Mideast with Egypt, Iran deal, Syria on agenda Updated: Jul-31-15 11:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry headed to the Middle East on Friday for security talks in Egypt and discussions in Qatar with Arab foreign ministers whose countries are wary of the nuclear deal struck with Iran.
- UN still waiting for $274 million Saudis pledged for Yemen Updated: Jul-30-15 6:08 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The $274 million that Saudi Arabia promised months ago to fund a U.N. emergency aid appeal for Yemen hasn't arrived because the kingdom and the world body are still discussing the terms of the funding, while aid groups begin to warn that people trapped by the conflict are on the brink of starvation.
- Egypt, Saudi Arabia aim to enhance cooperation Updated: Jul-30-15 1:36 pm
CAIRO - Egypt and Saudi Arabia say they aim to boost military, economic, and social ties and pursue their common interests.
- Taliban leader Mullah Omar, reclusive in life and death Updated: Jul-29-15 6:19 pm
- Saudi police officer shot dead in the east of the kingdom Updated: Jul-29-15 6:40 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Authorities in Saudi Arabia say a police officer has been killed in a drive-by shooting in the east of the kingdom.
- The Latest: Saudi King voices support for Turkey's actions Updated: Jul-28-15 10:36 am
BRUSSELS - The Latest from NATO meeting on Islamic State group and related developments (all times local):
- Saudi FM says Iran is still showing 'hostility' in region Updated: Jul-27-15 4:22 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia's top diplomat has told visiting EU foreign policy chief that Iran is still showing "hostility" toward countries in the region, following a landmark deal on curbing Tehran's nuclear program earlier this month.
- Defense Secretary Carter meeting with Kurds in Iraq Updated: Jul-24-15 7:35 am
IRBIL, Iraq - U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter held talks Friday with Iraqi Kurdish leaders in their regional capital of Irbil, seeking insights to their military successes against the Islamic State.
- Saudi FM: Iran deal may stop Tehran from getting nuke weapon Updated: Jul-23-15 11:10 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia's foreign minister said Thursday the Iran nuclear deal appears to have the provisions needed to curtail Iran's ability to obtain a nuclear weapon in what were the most favorable remarks yet from the kingdom on the recent agreement.
- Saudi official downplays significance of recent Hamas visit Updated: Jul-23-15 10:23 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia's top diplomat says a recent visit by the leader of Hamas was for religious purposes and was not an official political visit to the kingdom.
- Carter: Saudis welcoming Iran deal with reservations Updated: Jul-22-15 1:38 pm
JIDDAH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia's King Salman and his defense minister support the Iran nuclear deal but have doubts about how effectively the historic agreement will be enforced, U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter said Wednesday.
- Carter, Netanyahu call it a day after discussing Iran deal Updated: Jul-21-15 2:47 pm
AMMAN, Jordan - In high-stakes talks aimed at calming U.S. allies' fears about the Iran nuclear deal, Defense Secretary Ash Carter appeared to change no minds among Israeli leaders fiercely opposed to the deal.
- Obama, Saudi foreign minister meet to discuss Iran deal Updated: Jul-17-15 12:49 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama and Saudi Arabia's foreign minister have discussed the Iranian nuclear deal at the White House.
- White House seeks support at home and abroad for Iran deal Updated: Jul-16-15 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON - At home and abroad, the White House courted support for a landmark nuclear deal with Iran on Thursday as congressional leaders in both parties pointed toward a politically charged showdown this fall over Republican attempts to scuttle the agreement.
- In Arab world, worries that deal will boost Iran's power Updated: Jul-15-15 6:03 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The nuclear deal with Iran was met with a profound wariness in the Arab world, where concerns are widespread that the easing of its international isolation could tip the already bloody contest for power in the region toward Shiite-led Tehran.
- Iran nuclear deal: Fine 'new chapter' or 'historic mistake'? Updated: Jul-14-15 10:16 pm
VIENNA - Overcoming decades of hostility, Iran, the United States, and five other world powers struck a historic accord Tuesday to check Tehran's nuclear efforts short of building a bomb. The agreement could give Iran access to billions in frozen assets and oil revenue, stave off more U.S. military action in the Middle East and reshape the tumultuous region.
- Congresswomen ask US government to probe Saudi Arabia death Updated: Jul-10-15 3:38 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire congressional delegation members are urging the U.S. State Department to investigate the death of an American in Saudi Arabia.
- Foreigner with MERS in Philippines now free of the virus Updated: Jul-10-15 6:46 am
MANILA, Philippines - A 36-year-old foreigner who tested positive for MERS after arriving in the Philippines from the Middle East is now free of the virus and will leave the hospital this weekend, officials said Friday.
- Saud al-Faisal, former Saudi foreign minister, dies Updated: Jul-09-15 8:09 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia's Prince Saud al-Faisal, who was the world's longest-serving foreign minister with 40 years in the post until his retirement this year, has died, the ministry spokesman said Thursday. He was 75.
- Saudi TV show becomes a hit by mocking Islamic State group Updated: Jul-08-15 11:48 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A new TV satire program has become a hit in the Arab world by mocking some of the region's most serious issues, from the intractable Sunni-Shiite divide and religious extremism to the brutality of militants like the Islamic State group.
- UN: civilian death toll in Yemen conflict tops 1,500 Updated: Jul-07-15 8:20 am
BERLIN - The United Nations' human rights office says the number of civilians killed in three months of violence in Yemen has risen above 1,500.
- Saudis arrest 3 brothers in connection with Kuwait attack Updated: Jul-07-15 4:52 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi authorities say they have arrested three brothers in connection with last month's deadly attack on a Shiite mosque in neighboring Kuwait.