- Airstrikes target Yemen's rebels as fighting rages in east Updated: May-28-15 1:12 pm
SANAA, Yemen - Saudi-led warplanes bombed Shiite rebels in their northern Yemeni stronghold on Thursday as fighting raged in an oil-rich eastern province, security officials and tribesmen said.
- UN delays Yemen peace talks scheduled to start Thursday Updated: May-26-15 3:43 pm
UNITED NATIONS - A conference aimed at restoring peace to conflict-torn Yemen has been postponed following a request from Yemen's government and other parties for more time to prepare, the U.N. announced Tuesday.
- For an IS fighter, a paid honeymoon in caliphate's heart Updated: May-26-15 3:10 am
BEIRUT - The honeymoon was a brief moment for love, away from the front lines of Syria's war. In the capital of the Islamic State group's self-proclaimed "caliphate," Syrian fighter Abu Bilal al-Homsi was united with his Tunisian bride for the first time after months chatting online. They married, then passed the days dining on grilled meats in Raqqa's restaurants, strolling along the Euphrates River and eating ice cream.
- Report: Iran summons Saudi envoy over Yemen strike Updated: May-26-15 1:50 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's semi-official ISNA news agency says the Foreign Ministry has summoned Saudi Arabia's envoy over an airstrike near Tehran's embassy in Yemen.
- Thousands flock to mass funeral for Saudi attack victims Updated: May-25-15 3:22 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Tens of thousands of mourners poured into the streets of eastern Saudi Arabia on Monday to attend a mass funeral for victims of last week's suicide bombing attack at a Shiite mosque that was claimed by the Islamic State group, attendees said.
- Big spending Guangzhou playing for Champs League survival Updated: May-24-15 7:50 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - Guangzhou Evergrande has spent over $100 million since 2010 on Italian coaches like Marcello Lippi and Fabio Cannavaro and on South American talent such as Dario Conca and Ricardo Goulart, so leaving the 2015 Asian Champions League at the second round stage is certainly not part of the plan.
- AP Interview: $100 billion Saudi city to be ready by 2035 Updated: May-22-15 10:41 am
SOUTHERN SHUNEH, Jordan - A $100 billion city-from-scratch in Saudi Arabia is to be completed by 2035 and will serve as the main logistics and manufacturing hub for countries on the Red Sea, the world's "largest new emerging market," said the CEO of the company in charge of the mega-project.
- Fleeing Yemen war, thousands stuck in Djibouti Updated: May-22-15 4:43 am
OBOCK, Djibouti - Fleeing the war at home, thousands of Yemenis have made it across the Gulf of Aden to find refuge in Djibouti, a sleepy Horn of Africa nation where the United Nations has set up a staging hub for aid for the conflict-torn Arab country.
- Report: Iranian ship with Yemen aid has arrived in Djibouti Updated: May-21-15 3:19 pm
WASHINGTON - An Iranian cargo ship loaded with aid bound for Yemen arrived in Djibouti on Thursday and is anchored offshore, a U.S. official said.
- South Korea confirms 3 cases of Mideast respiratory virus Updated: May-21-15 7:19 am
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea said Thursday it has confirmed three cases of a respiratory virus that has killed hundreds of people in the Middle East.
- Usami leads Gamba Osaka to 3-1 win over FC Seoul Updated: May-20-15 6:06 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - Takashi Usami scored twice in the second half Wednesday as Gamba Osaka beat FC Seoul 3-1 to take a two-goal advantage into next week's return leg in the round of 16 of the Asian Champions League.
- Iran warships escort cargo vessel toward Yemen Updated: May-19-15 4:18 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. and allied officials are debating how they should handle an Iranian cargo ship that is flanked by two warships and heading toward a Yemen port, reportedly carrying humanitarian supplies for the war-wracked nation.
- Obama vows to keep Arab allies secure amid Iran deal fears Updated: May-15-15 3:44 am
WASHINGTON - Charging toward an Iran nuclear agreement, President Barack Obama is assuring Arab allies that they are safe from the threat of an empowered Tehran as he seeks to shore up some of America's most critical security partnerships. However, Obama's claim of winning Arab support for his nuclear diplomacy appears far from certain.
- US: Iran fired on Singaporean cargo ship in Gulf Updated: May-14-15 5:58 pm
WASHINGTON - An Iranian naval patrol boat fired on a Singapore-flagged commercial ship in the Persian Gulf on Thursday in an apparent attempt to disable it over a financial dispute over damage to an Iranian oil platform, a U.S. official said.
- News guide: Big money, big questions for Clinton Foundation Updated: May-13-15 4:16 am
WASHINGTON - Millions of dollars in foreign money sloshing around a presidential candidate, even in the name of helping the world's poor, is bound to spill over into controversy.
- Despite leading war in Yemen, Saudi Arabia mostly untouched Updated: May-12-15 3:56 am
NAJRAN, Saudi Arabia - Khatim Umm Salem's quiet, secure life betrays no signs of the war taking place just a few miles away.
- Along with Saudi king, most Gulf rulers to skip US summit Updated: May-11-15 1:37 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - It is not just the Saudi king who will be skipping the Camp David summit of U.S. and allied Arab leaders. Most Gulf heads of state won't be there.
- Saudi King Salman to miss Gulf nation summit in US Updated: May-10-15 5:17 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia's King Salman will not attend a Camp David summit of U.S. and allied Arab leaders, his foreign minister, Adel al-Jubeir, said Sunday.
- Saudi Arabia says 5-day ceasefire in Yemen will start May 12 Updated: May-08-15 12:41 pm
PARIS - Saudi Arabia declared a unilateral cease-fire in Yemen that would start May 12 and urged Shiite rebels and their allies to stop fighting. It was unclear if the Iran-backed Houthis were prepared to lay down their arms.
- Turkey, Saudi in pact to help anti-Assad rebels Updated: May-07-15 7:10 pm
ISTANBUL - Casting aside U.S. concerns about aiding extremist groups, Turkey and Saudi Arabia have converged on an aggressive new strategy to bring down Syrian President Bashar Assad.
- US, Saudi Arabia announce 5-day ceasefire in Yemen 'soon' Updated: May-07-15 9:13 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia and the United States said Thursday a renewable, five-day cease-fire in Yemen's war would start soon to facilitate aid to millions of civilians in need, if Iran-backed rebels and their allies also agree to stop fighting.
- Yemen's UN ambassador calls for ground forces to intervene Updated: May-06-15 6:04 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Yemen's ambassador to the United Nations is asking the international community to quickly intervene with ground forces to save the country from Houthi rebels who have been targeted by Saudi-led airstrikes for weeks.
- Kerry seeks pause in Yemen war as he arrives in Saudi Arabia Updated: May-06-15 3:43 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry sought to secure a pause in Yemen's war as he arrived in Saudi Arabia Wednesday to meet with the king and other top officials, citing increased shortages of food, fuel and medicine that are adding to a crisis that already has neighboring countries bracing for a mass exodus of refugees. He was to hold further talks Thursday.
- Kerry says he'll discuss pause in Yemen war with Saudis Updated: May-06-15 7:31 am
DJIBOUTI - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said Wednesday he'll discuss with Saudi Arabian officials how to implement a "humanitarian pause" in Yemen's civil war, citing increased shortages of food, fuel and medicine that are adding to a crisis that has already caused thousands of people to flee to neighboring countries.
- Analysis: Despite Saudi strikes, Yemen rebels remain dug in Updated: May-06-15 3:40 am
SANAA, Yemen - More than a month of relentless airstrikes by a coalition led by Saudi Arabia has inflicted painful damage on Shiite rebels in Yemen, but they show little sign of collapse.