- France convicts 3 for wanting to fight in Syria Updated: Mar-07-14 1:04 pm
- Militant grip transforms, terrorizes Syrian city Updated: Mar-07-14 11:47 am
- US naval destroyer heading to Black Sea Updated: Mar-07-14 10:20 am
- Turkish PM threatens to ban Facebook, YouTube Updated: Mar-07-14 6:55 am
- Turkey beats Sweden 2-1 in friendly Updated: Mar-05-14 5:37 pm
- 'Nymphomaniac' film is banned in Turkey Updated: Mar-05-14 1:13 pm
- Orthodox seminary in Turkey awaiting reopening Updated: Mar-05-14 11:35 am
- Hollywood movie titles lost in translation Updated: Feb-28-14 11:59 am
- Turkey: 5 suspects released in corruption probe Updated: Feb-28-14 9:55 am
- Cyprus water plan: peace pipeline or Trojan Horse? Updated: Feb-28-14 7:21 am
- Allies of Ukraine express concern over its unrest Updated: Feb-27-14 12:19 pm
- Chelsea held by Galatasaray in Champions League Updated: Feb-26-14 5:42 pm
- Turkish president OKs bill on judiciary powers Updated: Feb-26-14 9:17 am
- Mourinho hits out at media over private comments Updated: Feb-25-14 10:59 am
- Turkish PM's office denies corruption tapes Updated: Feb-24-14 6:25 pm
- Spain gets nice draw for Euro 2016 qualifiers Updated: Feb-23-14 10:51 am
- Turkish protesters denounce Internet restrictions Updated: Feb-22-14 1:38 pm
- Turkey discusses greater powers for spy agency Updated: Feb-22-14 9:40 am
- Syrians in remote tented settlement feel abandoned Updated: Feb-22-14 3:29 am
- Turkey receives first of 4 surveillance planes Updated: Feb-21-14 8:52 am
- 4 charged in Germany on suspicion of terrorism Updated: Feb-20-14 5:01 am
- Obama, Turkish leader discuss Mideast conflicts Updated: Feb-19-14 7:00 pm
- US warship deployed near Sochi runs aground Updated: Feb-19-14 10:50 am
- Turkish president loses Twitter followers Updated: Feb-19-14 4:10 am
- Turkish president approves disputed Internet law Updated: Feb-18-14 2:37 pm
PARIS - Three young men were convicted and handed prison sentences Friday for trying to travel to Syria, a magnet for foreign fighters, even though they never left France.
BEIRUT - Once a vibrant, religiously mixed community, Syria's eastern city of Raqqa is now a shell of its former self, terrorized by hard-line militants who have turned it into the nucleus of their vision for the Islamic caliphate they hope one day to establish in Syria and Iraq.
ISTANBUL - A U.S. Navy destroyer is passing through Istanbul's Bosporus straits on its way to the Black Sea for exercises near the fraught Crimean peninsula.
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's prime minister has threatened drastic steps to censor the Internet, including shutting down Facebook and YouTube, where audio recordings of his alleged conversations suggesting corruption have been leaked in the past weeks, dealing him a major blow ahead of this month's local elections.
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey beat Sweden 2-1 with headers from Mevlut Erdinc and substitute Olcan Adin in a friendly on Wednesday.
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's film board has banned the screening of director Lars von Trier's movie "Nymphomaniac Volume 1" at cinemas in the country because of the film's sex scenes.
ISTANBUL - Although shut down for more than four decades, one of the Orthodox Church's most pre-eminent seminaries is kept in pristine condition in the hope that it may reopen one day to educate future patriarchs and clergy.
JERUSALEM - David O. Russell's crime drama "American Hustle" could be a big winner at Sunday's Academy Awards. But for the movie's many international fans, it may take a little longer to realize it. In their country, there is simply no word that captures the true essence of "Hustle."
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's state-run news agency says the five remaining suspects jailed in a vast corruption investigation that has shaken Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan's government have been released on parole pending trial.
KIRNI, Cyprus - Mehmet Eligon points to a yellow patch of grass on his sprawling farm to show how this year's meager rains are drying up feed for his goats, sheep and Holstein cows.
U.S. and European officials expressed concern on Thursday over the turmoil in Ukraine and Russia's decision to have its military conduct large-scale military exercises near Ukraine's borders.
ISTANBUL - Fernando Torres scored a valuable away goal for Chelsea in a 1-1 draw at Galatasaray in the Champions League on Wednesday, but the Premier League side left Istanbul frustrated at its failure to build on its superior start.
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's president on Wednesday approved a controversial bill limiting the independence of the judiciary - a law that is widely interpreted as a government response to corruption allegations brought by prosecutors that have recently implicated Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
ISTANBUL - Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has blasted the media for publicizing his disparaging comments about his forwards, comments he regarded as private and light-hearted.
ANKARA, Turkey - Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan's office said Monday that recordings of alleged wiretapped conversations between the Turkish leader and his son - leaked onto the Internet and suggesting corruption - were fabricated.
NICE, France - Two-time defending European champion Spain faces a seemingly comfortable road to defend its title at Euro 2016 after being drawn Sunday with Luxembourg, Macedonia, Belarus, Slovakia and Ukraine for the qualifiers.
ISTANBUL - Police in Istanbul have clashed with hundreds of protesters denouncing a new law that increases government controls over the Internet.
ANKARA, Turkey - A Turkish parliamentary committee is debating a government proposal to increase the powers and immunities of the nation's spy agency - the latest in a string of moves critics say is undermining democracy in the EU-membership aspiring country.
NORTHERN SHUNEH, Jordan - Every day at dawn, teenager Sultan Ahmad al-Saleh gets up and starts work, 12 hours in the fields picking vegetables in this remote corner of northwestern Jordan. It's what he's been doing for the past three years, ever since he was 14 years old and his family fled here to escape Syria's civil war.
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's military has taken delivery of its first Boeing-made surveillance aircraft, part of a $1.5 billion project to modernize its air force.
BERLIN - German authorities say they've charged four Turkish men with belonging to a leftist terrorist organization believed to be behind the suicide bombing on the U.S. Embassy in Ankara last year.
TOLUCA, Mexico - The White House says President Barack Obama and Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan (REH'-jehp TY'-ihp UR'-doh-wahn) have discussed Mideast conflicts in Syria, Iraq and Israel.
WASHINGTON - One of two U.S. warships dispatched to the Black Sea before the Sochi Winter Olympics remains in a Turkish port after running aground last week, the Navy said Wednesday.
ANKARA, Turkey - Media reports say close to 80,000 people have stopped following Turkey's president on Twitter after he signed a controversial bill increasing government controls over the Internet into law.
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish President Abdullah Gul has approved a controversial bill which critics said aims to increase government controls over the internet.