- Turkish president rules out job swap with Erdogan Updated: Apr-18-14 8:23 am
- Turkey increases spy agency's powers Updated: Apr-17-14 2:26 pm
- Court rejects Fenerbahce chairman's appeal Updated: Apr-17-14 5:38 am
- Take a stroll in these Istanbul neighborhoods Updated: Apr-16-14 10:08 am
- Migrant-smuggling suspect killed in Greece Updated: Apr-15-14 4:53 am
- NBA to play preseason games in China, Brazil Updated: Apr-10-14 11:11 am
- US senators urge full enforcement on steel imports Updated: Apr-09-14 6:43 pm
- Ski chief Kasper voted head of winter sports body Updated: Apr-08-14 1:56 pm
- GSU to host Turkish author for Islamism discussion Updated: Apr-08-14 4:34 am
- After Sochi, IOC turns attention to delays in Rio Updated: Apr-07-14 4:32 am
- Erdogan blasts court ruling lifting Twitter ban Updated: Apr-04-14 7:47 am
- Lebanon registers 1 million Syrian refugees Updated: Apr-03-14 3:55 pm
- Turkish party disputes local election results Updated: Apr-01-14 10:40 am
- Syrian rocket hits Turkish mosque, injures refugee Updated: Mar-31-14 10:37 am
- Vt. officials promote hunting with turkey event Updated: Mar-30-14 11:36 am
- Syrian-Armenian town's fate murky after rebel grab Updated: Mar-28-14 6:19 pm
- In Turkey's local elections, all eyes on Erdogan Updated: Mar-28-14 4:43 pm
- Turkey defends YouTube ban Updated: Mar-28-14 7:16 am
- Cyprus president dismisses police chief Updated: Mar-27-14 12:51 pm
- Israel allows Turkey to import goods to Gaza Updated: Mar-27-14 12:08 pm
- Turkish TV linked to opposition has license pulled Updated: Mar-27-14 9:19 am
- NH gov to lead trade mission to Turkey Updated: Mar-27-14 9:14 am
- Turkey, Israel near compensation deal in 2010 raid Updated: Mar-25-14 11:05 am
- UN chief says both sides block aid to Syrians Updated: Mar-24-14 8:29 pm
- Swedish foreign minister: Twitter ban is stupid Updated: Mar-22-14 8:49 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's parliament on Thursday approved a bill that increases the powers and immunities of the country's spy agency. It's the latest in a string of moves that critics say is undermining the country's democracy.
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's High Court has rejected an appeal by Fenerbahce's chairman, confirming his conviction for match-fixing.
ISTANBUL - Istanbul, the noisy metropolis on the Bosporus Strait lauded by many a travel ranking, has much more to offer than grand mosques and bazaars. Away from the din of typical tourist haunts, a walk around the neighborhoods of Karakoy, Balat and Kuzguncuk will peel back the surface to reveal the city's multilayered history, and the lifestyles of those who've lived it.
ATHENS, Greece - Authorities say a suspected migrant-smuggler has been shot and killed in Greece after attempting to ram a pursuing coast guard vessel.
NEW YORK - Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao will play an NBA game back home in Brazil for the first time when Cleveland takes on the Miami Heat in an exhibition in October.
WASHINGTON - A group of senators seeking to protect jobs is calling on President Barack Obama's administration to fully enforce trade laws in deciding whether imported steel reinforcing bar from Turkey and Mexico unfairly undercuts U.S. prices.
BELEK, Turkey - International ski federation chief Gian-Franco Kasper has been elected head of the association of Olympic winter sports bodies.
ATLANTA - Georgia State University officials say they're planning to host a Turkish political commentator and author for a discussion on Islamism.
With the Sochi Olympics behind them, IOC leaders are gathering in Turkey this week amid growing alarm over Brazil's troubled preparations for the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro.
ISTANBUL - Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Friday that he had to comply with the Turkish high court ruling this week to unblock Twitter, but he doesn't respect it.
TRIPOLI, Lebanon - Yahya was trapped in his hometown for two years by Syria's civil war, moving from house to house to avoid shells and bullets. His father was killed by a sniper. His family then fled to another town that came under a fierce government offensive.
ANKARA, Turkey - Police on Tuesday used water cannons to break up a protest by hundreds of people who had gathered outside Turkey's Supreme Election Council building in support of the country's main opposition party, which is challenging local election results in the capital Ankara.
ANKARA, Turkey - Officials say Turkish artillery units have fired into Syrian territory in retaliation for a rocket that hit a mosque in a Turkish border town, injuring a 60-year old Syrian woman refugee.
MONPTELIER, Vermont - The Vermont Fish and Wildlife Department is promoting hunting by young people with the Governor's Youth Turkey Hunt this spring.
BADROUSIEH, Syria - When hundreds of residents of the postcard-pretty coastal Syrian village of Kassab fled this week, it bore historic weight: it was the third time since 1900 that ethnic Armenians there felt compelled to run for their lives.
ISTANBUL - Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has been ensnared in a corruption scandal that has toppled four Cabinet ministers. He has provoked outrage at home and abroad with an attempt to block Twitter and YouTube. His incessant us-against-them rhetoric and conspiracy theories have alienated allies. Meanwhile, the Turkish Lira has fallen, interest rates are up and the Turkish economy has fallen off a cliff.
ANKARA, Turkey - Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu has defended Turkey's move to block access to YouTube, citing national security concerns.
NICOSIA, Cyprus - Cyprus' president on Thursday fired the police chief over his handling of a Greek Cypriot far-right group's protest against a former leader of the island's breakaway Turkish Cypriots.
JERUSALEM - Israel says it is allowing building materials into the Gaza Strip for the construction of a Turkish hospital in the crowded seaside strip.
ANKARA, Turkey - A television station linked to opponents of Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan says Turkish authorities have withdrawn its license to broadcast nationally just days before crucial local elections.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Gov. Maggie Hassan is going to lead a delegation of New Hampshire businesses on a June trade mission to Turkey.
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's deputy prime minister says Turkey and Israel could soon reach a deal over compensation payments for the victims of a 2010 Israeli raid - a key condition for restoring ties between the countries.
UNITED NATIONS - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon blamed the Syrian government and opposition Monday for escalating violence and blocking aid to millions in desperate need of help, despite pledges from both sides to comply with a Security Council resolution demanding immediate access everywhere in the country to deliver aid.
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Sweden's foreign minister has taken to Twitter to tell Turkey its efforts to block access to the social media network were "stupid."