- Flight to UAE diverted to air base after bomb threat Updated: May-04-15 2:26 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A commercial plane was diverted to a military air base in Dubai after a passenger said the plane would explode, the United Arab Emirates' state news agency said early Monday.
- Air Arabia's Jordanian division to launch flights in May Updated: Apr-29-15 9:50 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Middle Eastern budget airline Air Arabia says it plans to launch a new division based in Jordan starting on May 18.
- UAE crushes tons of contraband ivory in anti-poaching action Updated: Apr-29-15 6:58 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - With a rock crusher rattling and Dubai's gleaming skyscrapers in the distance, the United Arab Emirates on Wednesday pulverized a mound of contraband elephant tusks and ivory carvings confiscated in the Gulf country to send a message against poaching and ivory trafficking.
- Man City set for upheaval after season of struggles Updated: Apr-29-15 4:02 am
MANCHESTER, England - Proof of the struggles at Manchester City this season arrived when the Premier League's team of the year was announced on Sunday.
- American star California Chrome won't run before Royal Ascot Updated: Apr-28-15 6:02 am
NEWMARKET, England - Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner California Chrome will not run in a warm-up race ahead of Royal Ascot as the American horse continues to recover from his appearance at the Dubai World Cup.
- US citizen wants pardon, compensation in Dubai video case Updated: Apr-27-15 1:24 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - An American who spent nine months in a United Arab Emirates prison for his role in an online parody video is seeking a pardon and financial compensation.
- Japan's Inpex wins stake in major UAE oil fields Updated: Apr-27-15 12:18 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Japan's Inpex Corp. on Monday won a stake in the development of major oil fields in the oil-rich emirate of Abu Dhabi, deepening the Asian nation's ties to the United Arab Emirates federation.
- Bulgari, Dubai developer Meraas to build luxury properties Updated: Apr-27-15 9:14 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Well-heeled Middle Eastern fans of Italian jewelry and watch maker Bulgari will soon be able to surround themselves in the luxury brand at all hours of the day.
- Bleisure: For Dubai biz travelers, soak up the sun and souq Updated: Apr-23-15 1:10 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - If you're visiting Dubai for a long stopover or business trip, make sure to leave a little space in your bag for a bathing suit, flip-flops and souvenirs.
- Mideast security top topic for Obama, Emirates crown prince Updated: Apr-20-15 4:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Conflicts across the Middle East and international talks over Iran's nuclear program topped the agenda Monday during President Barack Obama's meeting with Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan of the United Arab Emirates, the White House said.
- Lawyer: Charges dropped in UAE for 3 British plane spotters Updated: Apr-20-15 10:41 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A court in the United Arab Emirates has dropped charges against three British plane aviation enthusiasts who were detained after arousing suspicion while observing aircraft in the Gulf nation, their lawyer said Monday.
- A small victory for fliers: summer domestic fares fall $2.01 Updated: Apr-20-15 6:41 am
After years of steadily-rising airfare, travelers this summer can expect a tiny bit of relief - $2.01 in savings to be exact.
- President of Emirates air denies US accusations of state aid Updated: Apr-17-15 12:31 pm
LONDON - The president of Emirates airline pledged Friday to combat suggestions that the company received subsidies from the United Arab Emirates, even as his ever-expanding airline placed a whopping $9.2 billion order to buy Rolls-Royce engines.
- Bahrain criticizes report on ongoing rights violations Updated: Apr-17-15 3:41 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Bahrain is hitting back at an Amnesty International report alleging that government reforms have failed to end serious violations of human rights in the Gulf country four years after it was rocked by widespread anti-government protests.
- CAS rules against Indian swimmer in 2010 doping case Updated: Apr-16-15 4:35 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - The Court of Arbitration for Sport has dismissed an appeal by Indian swimmer Amar Muralidharan over a 2010 positive doping test for the banned stimulant methylhexaneamine.
- Laborers in Emirates set fire to vehicles in rare protest Updated: Apr-13-15 6:23 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Newspapers in the United Arab Emirates say migrant laborers set multiple vehicles on fire during a weekend protest at a construction site in the north of the country following the death of one of their co-workers.
- French 'Spiderman' scales Dubai skyscraper Updated: Apr-12-15 10:45 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A French climber has scaled one of Dubai's tallest skyscrapers, relying on just chalk and sticky tape on his fingertips to help him up the 75-storey high Cayan Tower in the emirate's glitzy marina area.
- Defense contractor settles bribery charges for $9.5 million Updated: Apr-08-15 6:00 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon-based defense contractor FLIR Systems Inc. has agreed to pay $9.5 million to settle bribery charges filed by the Securities and Exchange Commission that involved expensive trips and gifts given to Middle Eastern government officials.
- Top Emirati official won't rule out ground troops in Yemen Updated: Apr-08-15 9:52 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - The United Arab Emirates' top diplomat says the Saudi-led coalition conducting airstrikes in Yemen cannot rule out any options, including ground troops, as he defended the Gulf intervention in the troubled Arab nation.
- Emirates Airline announces daily Orlando to Dubai flights Updated: Apr-04-15 1:56 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Dubai-based Emirates Airline plans daily flights from Orlando to Dubai starting on Sept. 1.