- US officials: drone targeted embassy plot leader Updated: Dec-20-13 4:29 pm
- 2 killed in Yemen riots after tribal leader killed Updated: Dec-20-13 11:59 am
- US sanctions al-Qaida supporters Updated: Dec-18-13 6:04 pm
- Mural helps immigrants see themselves in Hamtramck Updated: Dec-16-13 6:56 pm
- Dutch: Kidnapped reporter, 1 other freed in Yemen Updated: Dec-10-13 7:37 am
- Philippines bans its workers from Yemen Updated: Dec-09-13 5:31 am
- Germany: 3 aid workers killed in Yemen Updated: Dec-05-13 2:13 pm
- Survey: Corruption grows in Mideast hot spots Updated: Dec-03-13 7:40 am
- US: American fighters in Syria a security risk Updated: Nov-30-13 1:36 pm
- Yemen court frees Saudi who eloped with boyfriend Updated: Nov-26-13 10:31 am
- Clock ticks on authority for Guantanamo detention Updated: Nov-23-13 12:04 pm
- Senate paralyzed on what to do about Guantanamo Updated: Nov-19-13 7:30 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. and Yemeni officials said Friday that the target of a Dec. 12th drone strike in Yemen was the ringleader behind the summer plot that shuttered 19 diplomatic posts across Africa and the Mideast. But he was only wounded, and escaped, while up to a dozen others were killed.
SANAA, Yemen - Thousands protesting the death of a prominent tribal leader rioted Friday in southern Yemen, forcing police officers to flee and attacking shops owned by northerners as two people were killed, security officials said.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. on Wednesday imposed sanctions on two al-Qaida supporters and added militants to its lists of terrorists.
HAMTRAMCK, Michigan - An old farmer in a turban, memories of his homeland carried in his head. A young girl with a veiled face, everything but her eyes cloaked in sky. A woman wearing a hijab, hopeful eyes looking toward her future.
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The Dutch government says a reporter and her partner who were taken hostage in Yemen six months ago have been released unharmed.
MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines on Monday banned its workers from going to Yemen after an attack by militants there killed more than 50 people, including seven Filipinos.
BERLIN - Two German aid workers and a Yemeni colleague were killed in an insurgent attack in Yemen, Germany's foreign minister said Thursday.
BERLIN - Corruption is bad and getting worse in three Middle Eastern countries that experienced Arab Spring uprisings launched in part to combat graft and other abuses, according to a survey released Tuesday by an international watchdog group.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Federal officials say Americans are joining the bloody civil war in Syria, raising the chances they could become radicalized by al-Qaida-linked militant groups and return to the U.S. as battle-hardened security risks.
SANAA, Yemen - A Yemeni court has released a Saudi woman who eloped with her boyfriend, and whose detention for crossing the border illegally became a romantic cause celebre in the traditional Arabian Peninsula society.
GUANTANAMO BAY NAVAL BASE, Cuba - A persistent knock came from inside the heavy, locked cell door.
WASHINGTON - Senators on Tuesday illustrated their paralysis over what to do with the Guantanamo Bay prison, voting down dueling bills to loosen and tighten restrictions on transferring detainees.