- Algerian army kills more militants, total of 25 in 2 days Updated: May-20-15 11:59 am
ALGIERS, Algeria - Algerian forces killed three militants just east of Algiers in a counter-insurgency sweep, raising the total slain over the past two days to 25, the Defense Ministry announced Wednesday.
- Algerian army kills 21 extremists who planned to hit capital Updated: May-19-15 4:54 pm
ALGIERS, Algeria - Algerian army troops killed 21 armed Islamic extremists who were meeting Tuesday in a forest to plan attacks on the country's capital, a ranking gendarmerie official said.
- Mediator: Main rebel group did not sign Mali peace accord Updated: May-15-15 6:25 pm
BAMAKO, Mali - Mali's main separatist Tuareg rebel group did not sign a peace accord that the government and other armed groups agreed to on Friday, dimming prospects of stability in the West African country.
- Leader reshuffles Algeria's govt; new energy, finance chiefs Updated: May-14-15 1:27 pm
ALGIERS, Algeria - Algeria's president has announced a government reshuffle, replacing the key ministers of finance, interior and energy.
- Picasso, Giacometti poised to set records at NYC auctions Updated: May-01-15 11:54 am
NEW YORK - New York City's spring art auctions get underway Tuesday with exceptional pieces by Pablo Picasso, Alberto Giacometti, Vincent Van Gogh and others whose work continues to fuel a robust market for impressionist, modern and contemporary art.
- Algerian army kills 6 Islamic militants in ambush Updated: Apr-28-15 3:25 pm
ALGIERS, Algeria - Algeria's defense ministry says the country's army has killed six armed Islamic militants in the Hendu area, 120 kilometers east of the capital Algiers.
- Algeria, the world's most open league title race? Updated: Apr-28-15 2:11 pm
PARIS - With four matches to go in Algeria's top flight, last-place NA Hussein Dey can still dream of a great end to the season, while league leader ES Setif could yet tumble way down the table.