- Algerian military court convicts ex-counterespionage chief Updated: Nov-27-15 8:51 am
ALGIERS, Algeria - An Algerian military tribunal has convicted the nation's long-time counterespionage chief of breaching orders and destroying documents and sentenced him to five years in prison.
- Stories of those who died in the Paris attacks Updated: Nov-20-15 9:17 pm
They were artists and students, music lovers, parents and newlyweds. The victims of last week's attacks in Paris had varied backgrounds and interests. Among the 130 killed in the attacks, here are some of their stories:
- Ivory Coast, Ghana, Egypt progress in WCup qualifying Updated: Nov-17-15 4:13 pm
Ivory Coast, Ghana, Egypt, and Cameroon had few problems in progressing to the final round of World Cup qualifying in Africa on Tuesday.
- Europe worries Malta giving Libyans backdoor to EU Updated: Nov-12-15 2:21 pm
VALLETTA, Malta - European lawmakers are expressing concern about a widening scandal in which hundreds of Libyans allegedly received Maltese residency permits in a corruption scheme - giving them free access to any EU country and possibly compromising European security - and another in which large numbers of Algerians received visas through Malta's consulate.
- Moroccan king visits contested Western Sahara territory Updated: Nov-07-15 3:47 pm
RABAT, Morocco - Moroccan King Mohammed VI presided over a ceremony in Western Sahara to launch a new development program on Saturday, the second day of his visit to mark the 40th anniversary of the country's annexation of the mineral-rich territory.