- Insurgents kill at least 11 Algerian soldiers Updated: Apr-20-14 3:16 pm
- Algeria's ailing president, 77, wins 4th term Updated: Apr-18-14 12:58 pm
- Algerian election faces disaffected populace Updated: Apr-16-14 2:15 pm
- Algeria hopes to finally come out of shadow of '82 Updated: Apr-11-14 6:02 am
- 5 Algeria players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-11-14 6:02 am
- Algeria in good shape under coach Halilhodzic Updated: Apr-11-14 6:02 am
- Belgium, Russia headline Group H at the World Cup Updated: Apr-11-14 5:56 am
- Protesters heckle Algeria president's campaign Updated: Apr-09-14 12:10 pm
- Kerry: Israeli and Palestinian leaders must 'lead' Updated: Apr-03-14 3:28 pm
- Kerry in Algeria for reform, security talks Updated: Apr-02-14 2:54 pm
- Italy's Eni optimistic about Libyan gas supplies Updated: Mar-25-14 1:50 pm
ALGIERS, Algeria - Islamist insurgents ambushed an Algerian military convoy in a mountainous region, killing 11 soldiers and wounding five others, the Defense Ministry said Sunday.
ALGIERS, Algeria - President Abdelaziz Bouteflika won a fourth term in office with a landslide 81 percent of the vote, according to preliminary figures announced Friday by the Algerian government.
ALGIERS, Algeria - The college students playing pick-up soccer along the faded grandeur of Algiers' sweeping waterfront say they won't be voting in Thursday's presidential elections, echoing the sentiments of many young Algerians.
Algeria's players hope to finally come out of the shadow of the 1982 World Cup team, which is still considered the nation's best after beating European champion West Germany in their opening group game.
Under coach Vahid Halilhodzic, Algeria has more flair and scores more goals.
When Algeria qualified for the World Cup there was a rare sight in the dressing room as Vahid Halilhodzic briefly let down his guard and joined in with the players as they sang "One, two, three, Viva l'Algerie."
BRUSSELS - With Belgium, Russia, South Korea and Algeria, don't expect too much pre-World Cup hype from Group H.
ALGIERS, Algeria - Demonstrators threw stones at the Algerian prime minister's motorcade during an election campaign event Wednesday- the latest incident protesting the president's expected re-election.
RABAT, Morocco - Frustrated by a virtually moribund Israeli-Palestinian peace process, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry exhorted leaders on both sides Thursday to "lead" and to do so now to prevent the negotiations from collapsing.
ALGIERS, Algeria - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is in Algeria for talks on economic and political reforms and strategic security cooperation, including counterterrorism.
MILAN - The CEO of Italian energy company Eni says he's optimistic that Italy has a secure gas supply from Libya in case imports from Russia are hurt by sanctions. But the amounts, analysts warn, are dwarfed by the size of Russian supplies.