- What they said about the World Cup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 5:34 pm
- Algerians sent home from Guantanamo against will Updated: Dec-05-13 11:47 am
- Official: Algeria kills high-level al-Qaida leader Updated: Dec-05-13 10:40 am
- 5 Things to Know about foreign World Cup coaches Updated: Dec-05-13 8:24 am
- War crimes apologist from Franco-Algerian war dies Updated: Dec-04-13 12:01 pm
- FIFA rejects Burkina Faso protest against Algeria Updated: Nov-26-13 10:52 am
- Algeria opposition wants impartial election group Updated: Nov-26-13 8:01 am
- Obama and Morocco's king meet at White House Updated: Nov-22-13 3:47 pm
- 12 dead after Algeria World Cup celebrations Updated: Nov-20-13 2:41 pm
- Algeria earns Africa's last World Cup berth Updated: Nov-19-13 4:07 pm
- Algeria last African team into World Cup Updated: Nov-19-13 4:03 pm
- Security tight for World Cup qualifier in Algeria Updated: Nov-18-13 1:45 pm
- Algerian president nominated for 4th term Updated: Nov-16-13 12:28 pm
- China, Russia, Cuba win UN rights council seats Updated: Nov-12-13 1:11 pm
- Bitter Morocco-Algeria row before king's US trip Updated: Nov-12-13 8:55 am
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Coaches and players were quick to react to Friday's World Cup draw. The following is a selection.
MIAMI - Two men who had been held without charge at the Guantanamo Bay for more than a decade have been sent back to their native Algeria against their will as part of a renewed effort to gradually close the prison, officials said Thursday.
ALGIERS, Algeria - Algerian army helicopters killed a high-level al-Qaida operative and four associates as they sped through the southern Algerian desert, a local official said Thursday.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - The World Cup promises friendly reunions and old scores to settle - and that's just in the coaching dugouts.
PARIS - French Gen. Paul Aussaresses, whose remorseless admission of executions and torture during the Algerian independence war five decades ago forced France to examine the dark period, has died. He was 95.
ZURICH - FIFA says it dismissed Burkina Faso's protest that World Cup playoff opponent Algeria's decisive goal-scorer was ineligible last week.
ALGIERS, Algeria - Algerian opposition parties, including both secular and Islamist groups, have signed a statement calling for April's presidential elections to be supervised by an independent commission.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama hosted Morocco's King Mohammed VI at the White House on Friday for talks on furthering democracy in the Middle East and countering violent extremism.
ALGIERS, Algeria - Raucous celebrations after Algeria qualified for the 2014 World Cup finals were linked to the deaths of 12 people and some 240 injured, authorities reported Wednesday, as soccer-mad fans poured into the streets and revelers raced their cars and honked.
BLIDA, Algeria - Algeria earned Africa's last berth in next year's World Cup, beating Burkina Faso 1-0 Tuesday night for a 3-3 aggregate tie and a victory on away goals.
BLIDA, Algeria - Algeria claimed Africa's final place at the World Cup on away goals after beating Burkina Faso 1-0 in the second leg of their playoff on Tuesday and progressing with a 3-3 aggregate draw.
ALGIERS, Algeria - Algeria is taking heavy security precautions ahead of Tuesday's World Cup qualifying match against Burkina Faso, mindful of the tensions in the country ahead of next year's presidential election.
ALGIERS, Algeria - Algeria's ruling National Liberation Front party on Saturday nominated the country's longtime leader, Abdelaziz Bouteflika, as its presidential candidate for an election in April.
UNITED NATIONS - China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Vietnam, Cuba and Algeria won seats Tuesday on the U.N. Human Rights Council, riling independent human rights groups who said their election undermined the rights watchdog's credibility.
RABAT, Morocco - A Saharan stand-off may become a U.S. problem.