- Algerian police break up Bouteflika protest Updated: Mar-01-14 9:20 am
- Algerian reformer declines to run for president Updated: Feb-27-14 9:48 am
- Ailing Algeria president to seek 4th term Updated: Feb-22-14 3:19 pm
- Tunisia: 4 killed, 4 wounded in militant attacks Updated: Feb-16-14 5:52 am
- Competition for presidency heats up staid Algeria Updated: Feb-15-14 6:02 am
- Correction: Algeria-Plane Crash story Updated: Feb-12-14 4:04 pm
- Lone Algeria jet crash survivor joins tragic group Updated: Feb-12-14 3:38 pm
- Algeria ex-ministers urge president to retire Updated: Feb-10-14 10:28 am
- 2 dead as tensions rise in Algerian desert city Updated: Feb-08-14 1:56 pm
ALGIERS, Algeria - Police used clubs to break up a small demonstration Saturday by Algerians opposed to President Abdelaziz Bouteflika's decision to run for a fourth term in elections next month.
ALGIERS, Algeria - One of Algeria's most prominent reformist politicians says he will not be running for president because the election is meaningless with the military-backed incumbent running for a fourth term.
ALGIERS, Algeria - Algeria's president, who hasn't publicly addressed the country for nearly three years and suffered a stroke last year, will be running for a fourth term in April, his prime minister said Saturday.
TUNIS, Tunisia - Armed militants operating a fake checkpoint in northwest Tunisia killed four people and wounded four others early Sunday, the Interior Ministry said.
ALGIERS, Algeria - In Algeria, which has been run by a succession of military men for decades, presidential elections often are foregone conclusion. But not this year.
ALGIERS, Algeria - In a Feb. 11 story about the crash that day of an Algerian military transport plane, The Associated Press erroneously identified the type of plane involved in a previous crash of an Algerian military plane in France. The plane that crashed in November 2012 was an EADS CASA C-295, not a Lockheed Martin C-130.
PARIS - The Algerian soldier who was the sole survivor of a plane crash that the military says killed 77 others joins a group of people who carry a unique burden.
ALGIERS, Algeria - Three respected former ministers have issued a rare public call for Algeria's ailing president not to run for a fourth term in April's presidential election.
ALGIERS, Algeria - Sectarian tension in a southern desert city is boiling over after the deaths of two Berber men in as many days, including one that a local official said was knifed to death and disfigured under the eyes of police.