- Libyan prime minister ousted by parliament Updated: Mar-11-14 11:46 am
- Militant grip transforms, terrorizes Syrian city Updated: Mar-07-14 11:47 am
- World diplomats seek to stabilize Libya Updated: Mar-06-14 3:17 pm
- 107 Somali migrants rescued off Libyan coast Updated: Feb-28-14 2:37 pm
- Rice: Progress in search for Benghazi attackers Updated: Feb-23-14 12:16 pm
- Medical flight crashes in Tunisia, 11 Libyans die Updated: Feb-21-14 12:29 pm
- Niger extradites ex-Gadhafi official to Libya Updated: Feb-16-14 10:19 am
- Lone Algeria jet crash survivor joins tragic group Updated: Feb-12-14 3:38 pm
TRIPOLI, Libya - Libya's parliament ousted the prime minister in a Tuesday vote of confidence, a move prompted by a crisis this week when a militia controlling an eastern port defied Tripoli's authority by trying to sell oil.
BEIRUT - Once a vibrant, religiously mixed community, Syria's eastern city of Raqqa is now a shell of its former self, terrorized by hard-line militants who have turned it into the nucleus of their vision for the Islamic caliphate they hope one day to establish in Syria and Iraq.
ROME - World diplomats worked Thursday to help Libya create a stable government and more secure environment amid the violence and growing political tensions that have festered since Moammar Gadhafi's regime crumbled in 2011.
TRIPOLI, Libya - An official in Libya says the country's coast guard has rescued 107 Somalis on a tugboat that nearly capsized while trying to reach Europe.
WASHINGTON - A senior White House official says the U.S. remains focused on finding those responsible for the Sept. 11, 2012, attack on U.S. diplomatic facilities in Benghazi, Libya, that killed Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans.
TUNIS, Tunisia - A medical flight from Libya crashed in a field near Tunis before dawn Friday after an engine caught fire, killing all 11 Libyans on board, Tunisia's civil defense said.
NIAMEY, Niger - Niger says it has extradited a former high-ranking intelligence official under Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi who was "plotting against the Libyan state."
PARIS - The Algerian soldier who was the sole survivor of a plane crash that the military says killed 77 others joins a group of people who carry a unique burden.