- Libya migrant disaster death toll rises to 117 Updated: Aug-29-15 11:56 am
TRIPOLI, Libya - Rescue workers have recovered 12 more bodies off the Libyan coast, raising the death toll from the latest disaster for migrants trying to reach Europe by crossing the Mediterranean to 117, Libyan authorities said on Saturday.
- Europe's migrant crisis brings new death by land and sea Updated: Aug-28-15 4:28 pm
VIENNA - Death and desperation mounted in Europe's migrant crisis Friday as Austrian police said 71 people appeared to have suffocated in the back of an abandoned truck, while an estimated 200 people were feared drowned off Libya when two overloaded boats capsized.
- 200 feared dead in latest migrant disaster off Libya's coast Updated: Aug-28-15 9:50 am
ZUWARA, Libya - Libyan authorities were collecting the bodies of migrants who drowned off the coastal city of Zuwara, with some 200 feared dead on Friday in the latest disaster involving desperate people trying to reach Europe across the Mediterranean.
- UN envoy says Libya talks must end in 2 weeks Updated: Aug-28-15 8:55 am
SKHIRAT, Morocco - Talks to create a national unity government in Libya have moved forward without one of the main negotiating partners as negotiators emphasize the urgency of reaching an agreement.
- The Latest: Red Crescent: At least 105 dead in sea off Libya Updated: Aug-28-15 8:47 am
GENEVA - Here are the latest developments Friday regarding the tens of thousands of migrants trying to reach Europe.
- UN envoy confident Libya peace talks are in final stages Updated: Aug-26-15 11:59 am
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. envoy for Libya says he is "increasingly confident" that U.N.-brokered peace talks are in their final stages, and he is urging both sides not to squander the opportunity.
- Benghazi case focuses attention on US interrogation strategy Updated: Aug-15-15 5:15 pm
WASHINGTON - After a suspected militant was captured last year to face charges for the deadly 2012 attacks on Americans in Benghazi, Libya, he was brought to the U.S. aboard a Navy transport ship on a 13-day trip that his lawyers say could have taken 13 hours by plane.
- Egypt: Military aircraft crashes near Libya border, 4 dead Updated: Aug-13-15 2:46 pm
CAIRO - The spokesman of Egypt's armed forces says a military aircraft crashed near the border with Libya because of a technical failure while on a counterterrorism mission, killing four crew members and wounding two.
- 'Positive' UN-brokered talks on Libya wrap up in Geneva Updated: Aug-12-15 1:07 pm
BERLIN - Two days of U.N.-brokered talks on Libya has ended in Geneva, with the U.N. envoy seeking agreement on a national unity government in the next three weeks.
- Libyan judge abducted by Islamic State group found dead Updated: Aug-06-15 3:07 pm
BENGHAZI, Libya - The body of a Libyan judge abducted last month by an Islamic State affiliate was found on Thursday, Libyan officials said.