- GOP: Still no deal on Clinton testimony to Benghazi panel Updated: Jul-28-15 3:44 pm
WASHINGTON - Republicans on the House committee investigating the 2012 attacks in Benghazi, Libya, said Tuesday that there is no agreement with Hillary Rodham Clinton over her possible appearance before the panel, despite the State Department's pledge to produce 5,000 new pages of documents.
- Libya court sentences Gadhafi son to death for 2011 killings Updated: Jul-28-15 3:35 pm
TRIPOLI, Libya - Moammar Gadhafi's son and onetime heir apparent was convicted and sentenced to death on Tuesday by a court in the Libyan capital, Tripoli, on charges of murder and inciting genocide during the country's 2011 uprising.
- 35-40 migrants drown off Libya, Save the Children reports Updated: Jul-23-15 4:13 pm
ROME - Save the Children reports that another 35-40 African refugees have drowned while trying to reach Italy from Libya.
- UN Libya envoy says team working for 4 hostages' freedom Updated: Jul-21-15 8:46 am
ROME - The U.N. special envoy for Libya says his team is trying to gather intelligence as part of efforts to free four Italian construction workers kidnapped there this week.
- EU agrees to help Tunisia fight terror, boost economy Updated: Jul-20-15 2:43 pm
BRUSSELS - The European Union on Monday agreed to help Tunisia combat violent Islamic extremism and boost its economy, including by raising quotas on how much olive oil it can sell in EU markets.
- Italy: 4 Italians kidnapped in Libya near Eni complex Updated: Jul-20-15 4:49 am
ROME - Four Italian construction workers have been kidnapped in Libya near an industrial complex owned by the Italian energy giant Eni in the western city of Mellitah, Italy's Foreign Ministry said Monday.
- UN envoy urges group in Libya's capital to sign peace deal Updated: Jul-15-15 12:23 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. envoy for Libya is urging the Islamist-led government that seized the country's capital to sign a peace deal that would establish a unity government in the North African nation where fighting and chaos is worsening.
- Libyan parties reach peace deal without Tripoli government Updated: Jul-11-15 9:25 pm
SKHIRAT, Morocco - Libyan political leaders reached a new version of a U.N.-brokered peace deal Saturday, putting pressure on the Tripoli leadership to sign on and build a unity government in hopes of ending the country's chaos.
- After terror attacks, Tunisia erects fence on Libya border Updated: Jul-09-15 12:02 pm
TUNIS, Tunisia - Tunisia's army and contractors are building a barrier along part of the country's border with Libya to keep out extremists in the wake of attacks claimed by the Islamic State group.
- Africans seeking better lives pass through Ethiopian town Updated: Jul-05-15 10:43 am
METEMA, Ethiopia - The mood in the border town of Metema these days is quiet and watchful.
- Benghazi, where Libya's uprising began, now a shattered city Updated: Jul-02-15 2:37 am
BENGHAZI, Libya - The old courthouse in central Benghazi, Libya's second-largest city and the birthplace of the uprising against Moammar Gadhafi, is a shelled-out ruin - a testimony to the destruction and chaos that permeate this North African country four years after the civil war that ousted the longtime dictator.
- Libya's internationally accepted PM 'aspires' to peace deal Updated: Jul-01-15 5:50 pm
VALLETTA, Malta - The internationally recognized prime minister of Libya says he is "aspiring" to sign a peace agreement with representatives of the Islamist-led Tripoli government in Morocco on Thursday.