- Rookie Laporta leads Euro Tour's Trophee Hassan II by 1 Updated: May-06-16 3:25 pm
RABAT, Morocco - European Tour rookie Francesco Laporta opened a one-shot lead at the Trophee Hassan II with a 2-under 70 in the second round on Friday to move to 6-under par overall.
- Morocco arrests suspect linked to Islamic State group Updated: May-04-16 1:41 pm
RABAT, Morocco - Morocco's Interior Ministry says a person suspected of ties with the Islamic State group in Libya has been arrested.
- Top-seeded Timea Bacsinszky wins in Morocco Updated: Apr-30-16 5:37 pm
RABAT, Morocco - Top-seeded Timea Bacsinszky comfortably beat qualifier Marina Erakovic of New Zealand 6-2, 6-1 to win the Grand Prix SAR on Saturday.
- UN urges return to full operation of Western Sahara mission Updated: Apr-29-16 2:36 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. Security Council called Friday for the urgent return of the U.N. peacekeeping mission in the disputed Western Sahara to its full operation, a rebuke to Morocco which expelled most of the mission's civilian staff to protest a perceived slight by the U.N. secretary-general.
- Morocco: one of the world's oldest libraries is renovated Updated: Apr-19-16 2:29 am
FEZ, Morocco - The settling dust from renovations and the banging of tools aren't ideal sights and sounds for a library - but this is no ordinary library.
- UN: Moroccan peacekeeper killed in Central African Republic Updated: Apr-18-16 1:57 pm
BANGUI, Central African Republic - The U.N. says a Moroccan peacekeeper has been killed by unknown gunmen in Central African Republic.
- Coric to face Delbonis in Grand Prix Hassan II final Updated: Apr-09-16 1:04 pm
MARRAKECH, Morocco - Third-seeded Borna Coric beat eighth-seeded Jiri Vesely 7-6 (5), 7-6 (5) on Saturday to reach the Grand Prix Hassan II final, where he will bid for his first career title.
- Morocco expels 8 foreigners over Western Sahara protests Updated: Apr-07-16 10:32 am
RABAT, Morocco - Morocco's official news agency says eight foreigners have been expelled for supporting prisoners convicted for their roles in deadly protests in Western Sahara.