- UN sanctions 6 generals for fueling South Sudan conflict Updated: Jul-01-15 5:09 pm
- South Sudan military is accused of widespread abuses Updated: Jul-01-15 10:08 am
JUBA, South Sudan - South Sudan's army has burned people alive, raped and shot girls, and forced tens of thousands from their homes, according to interviews with survivors by The Associated Press and corroborated by human rights groups.
- UN extends Darfur peacekeeping force despite Sudan protest Updated: Jun-29-15 11:00 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The Security Council on Monday unanimously approved a one-year extension of the joint U.N.-African Union peacekeeping force in Sudan's western Darfur region where conflict is intensifying, rejecting the Sudanese government's demand that the troops leave.
- S Africa mulls quitting ICC after Sudan leader visit Updated: Jun-25-15 9:08 am
JOHANNESBURG - South Africa will consider withdrawing from the International Criminal Court as a "last resort" following a dispute over a visit by Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir, who is wanted for alleged war crimes, the government said Thursday.
- WikiLeaks reveals Saudi intrigue and unpaid limo bills Updated: Jun-20-15 5:25 pm
ISTANBUL - At the Saudi Embassy in Tehran, diplomats talked about airing the grievances of disenchanted local youth using Facebook and Twitter. At the embassy in Khartoum, they reported anxiously on Iran's military aid to Sudan.
- South Sudan accuses Sudan of airstrikes, killing 1 Updated: Jun-17-15 10:54 am
JUBA, South Sudan - South Sudan's government on Wednesday accused Sudan of bombing two locations in its territory, killing at least one soldier and wounding others.
- AU head Mugabe says international court unwelcome in Africa Updated: Jun-16-15 7:19 am
- Sudanese refugee killed by police had violent history Updated: Jun-15-15 8:18 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Deng Manyuon stood in the middle of an intersection on a 33-degree morning in March 2013, wearing just shorts and a T-shirt and shouting at passing cars.
- Sudan: 2 Russian pilots held by gunmen in Darfur released Updated: Jun-06-15 5:22 pm
KHARTOUM, Sudan - A Sudanese governor says that two Russian pilots who were held by gunmen in the country's restive western Darfur region since January have been freed, and that no ransom was paid.
- UN: 14 Eritrean asylum seekers abducted in eastern Sudan Updated: Jun-05-15 12:22 pm
BERLIN - The United Nations' refugee agency says 14 Eritrean asylum seekers have been abducted in an attack on a refugee convoy in eastern Sudan.