- Canucks end 4-game skid with 2-1 win over Flames Updated: Mar-09-14 3:21 am
- Niemi, Sharks beat Canadiens 4-0 Updated: Mar-09-14 1:45 am
- Seattle scrape past Kansas City 1-0 in opener Updated: Mar-09-14 1:05 am
- Whitecaps beat Red Bulls 4-1 in opener Updated: Mar-09-14 12:09 am
- Lupul's OT goal lifts Leafs over Flyers Updated: Mar-09-14 12:05 am
- Mauro Diaz helps FC Dallas beat Montreal 3-2 Updated: Mar-08-14 11:36 pm
- Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong Updated: Mar-08-14 11:02 pm
- Newcomer Hemsky has 3 assists in Senators 5-3 win Updated: Mar-08-14 8:45 pm
- Jose Bautista homers, Blue Jays beat Twins 4-3 Updated: Mar-08-14 6:09 pm
- Missoula protects osprey nest from Canada goose Updated: Mar-08-14 2:27 pm
- Battle over new US-Canada bridge moves to court Updated: Mar-08-14 9:53 am
- Colborne scores twice, Flames beat Isles 4-3 Updated: Mar-08-14 2:20 am
- Ross leads Raptors past Kings, Gay 99-87 Updated: Mar-07-14 11:33 pm
- Luongo gets shutout, 2-0 over Buffalo Updated: Mar-07-14 11:32 pm
- Olympic champion Jamie Anderson win at Vail Updated: Mar-07-14 9:59 pm
- Female goalie Szabados signing with men's team Updated: Mar-07-14 9:05 pm
- Cobb throws 3 shutout innings, Rays beat Blue Jays Updated: Mar-07-14 6:08 pm
- Ukrainians urge US, EU to get on same wavelength Updated: Mar-07-14 1:19 pm
- 2 women injured in Toronto university shooting Updated: Mar-07-14 10:42 am
- Canada court upholds conviction in condom case Updated: Mar-07-14 10:25 am
- Fiva, Gjefsen win skicross World Cup races Updated: Mar-07-14 9:51 am
- Nixon reaches trade agreement in Ontario Updated: Mar-07-14 5:04 am
- Oilers rally past Islanders 3-2 in OT Updated: Mar-07-14 1:47 am
- Coyotes rebound for 5-2 win over Habs Updated: Mar-07-14 12:47 am
- Richards has winner in Kings' 3-1 win over Jets Updated: Mar-06-14 11:29 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - John Tortorella and the Vancouver Canucks kept their cool this time around.
SAN JOSE, California - When Tommy Wingels scored a fluky, short-handed goal in the opening minutes, it was clear this was going to be San Jose's night.
SEATTLE - Chad Barrett scored in the final moments of second half-stoppage time to give the Seattle Sounders a 1-0 victory over champions Sporting Kansas City on Saturday in the Major League Soccer season opener.
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Kenny Miller scored twice and the Vancouver Whitecaps beat the New York Red Bulls 4-1 on Saturday night in the season opener before a sellout crowd of 21,000 at B.C. Place Stadium.
TORONTO - Nazem Kadri and the Toronto Maple Leafs view the first period as the most important 20 minutes of the game.
FRISCO, Texas - Mauro Diaz scored on a free kick and set up a penalty and FC Dallas opened the season with a 3-2 comeback victory over the Montreal Impact on Saturday night in coach Oscar Pareja's debut.
TORONTO - Toronto Mayor Rob Ford is being roundly mocked on Twitter after mistakenly tweeting that people should set their clocks an hour back instead of forward for daylight savings time.
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - Ales Hemsky admitted he was feeling down after being traded to Ottawa from Edmonton last Wednesday.
DUNEDIN, Florida - Jose Bautista hit his third home run of the spring for the Toronto Blue Jays in a 4-3 victory Saturday over the Minnesota Twins, who got three scoreless innings from newcomer Phil Hughes.
MISSOULA, Montana - Workers in Missoula have made a high-profile osprey nest atop a pole next to a baseball park goose-proof in an effort to avoid the kind of drama that developed last spring.
DETROIT - The owner of the Ambassador Bridge is asking a judge to stop the U.S. Coast Guard from giving a permit for a new bridge connecting Michigan and Ontario.
CALGARY, Alberta - On the night Calgary honored former star Joe Nieuwendyk, an inspired new generation of young centers led the Flames to a thrilling victory.
TORONTO - The game marked the return of Rudy Gay, but the night belonged to the Toronto Raptors.
SUNRISE, Florida - Robert Luongo's return to Florida couldn't have been better.
VAIL, Colorado - Olympic gold medalist Jamie Anderson wrapped up the TTR World Snowboard Tour slopestyle title Friday with a victory in snowy conditions at Vail Mountain.
EDMONTON, Alberta - Canadian women's goalie Shannon Szabados has agreed to a contract with the Columbus Cottonmouths of the Southern Professional Hockey League.
DUNEDIN, Florida - Alex Cobb tossed three scoreless innings as the Tampa Bay Rays defeated the Toronto Blue Jays 6-3 on Friday.
PARIS - Two potential Ukrainian presidential contenders are urging the U.S. and European Union to stick to a single, tough stance against Russia over its military incursion into Crimea.
TORONTO - Police are seeking the public's help in tracking down a man suspected in a shooting that injured two women at Toronto's York University.
OTTAWA, Ontario - Canada's Supreme Court has upheld the sexual assault conviction of a man who tricked his girlfriend into becoming pregnant by poking holes her condoms.
AROSA, Switzerland - Alex Fiva of Switzerland and Marte Hoeie Gjefsen of Norway won skicross World Cup events on Friday.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon says an agreement for future trade and economic development has been reached with the Canadian province of Ontario.
GLENDALE, Arizona - The Phoenix Coyotes were on their heels after building a two-goal lead, spending most of the second period in their own zone.