- Marchionne: Self-driving cars could be on roads in 5 years Updated: May-06-16 2:58 pm
WINDSOR, Ontario - Fiat Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne says working with Google convinced him that self-driving technology is closer than he thought and could be on the road in five years.
- Canadian convoy begins, hoping to flee wildfire zone Updated: May-06-16 1:43 pm
FORT MCMURRAY, Alberta - A massive convoy was under way Friday to move evacuees stranded at oil field camps north of fire-ravaged Fort McMurray, Alberta, through the community to safe areas south of the Canadian oil sands capital
- Canada pounds US 5-1 in world championship opener Updated: May-06-16 1:37 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - Canada pounded the United States 5-1 in their opening game of the world ice hockey championship on Friday.
- Smoke from Canadian wildfire could impact North Dakota Updated: May-06-16 11:43 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Smoke from a wildfire that's raging in western Canada might impact North Dakotans.
- Vinyl revival: Czech record maker aims for global dominance Updated: May-06-16 6:13 am
LODENICE, Czech Republic - As vinyl records make a global comeback, a little-known Czech company is riding the market surge to establish itself as the world's biggest record manufacturer, with plans to expand in North America and Asia.
- Carroll scores 21, Raptors beat Heat in OT to tie series Updated: May-06-16 12:27 am
TORONTO - This time, overtime went the way of the Toronto Raptors.
- Holland roughed up in Rangers' 12-2 loss at Toronto Updated: May-05-16 11:54 pm
TORONTO - Derek Holland came in with a scoreless streak of 16 1/3 innings at Rogers Centre. It didn't take long for the Toronto Blue Jays to make it a distant memory.
- Encarnacion's HR, 2 doubles, 6 RBIs lead Toronto over Texas Updated: May-05-16 11:29 pm
TORONTO - As a player whose game traditionally picks up a few notches in May, Edwin Encarnacion sure sounded like a man who knew a big performance was just around the corner.
- Canadian wildfire causes Alaska Highway closure Updated: May-05-16 9:07 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - A wildfire in northern British Columbia has caused the Canadian province's transportation ministry to close a portion of the Alaska Highway.
- NHL, Oilers, Flames each donating $100,000 to Fort McMurray Updated: May-05-16 6:16 pm
- "Flight of the Navigator" star charged with bank robbery Updated: May-05-16 4:14 pm
SECHELT, British Columbia - A man who starred in Disney's 1986 adventure flick "Flight of the Navigator" when he was a child has been charged in connection with a bank robbery in British Columbia.
- NHL coaching carousel 'spinning out of control' Updated: May-05-16 2:53 pm
Bob Hartley watched bosses come and go three times as coach of the Calgary Flames. He will need one more general manager to believe in him to stay in the NHL.
- Company says up to 95 layoffs planned at Augusta paper plant Updated: May-05-16 12:04 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - A paper company that makes newsprint in Augusta says it plans to reduce its capacity by nearly half, resulting in layoffs for as many as 95 employees.
- Bosh officially declared out for remainder of Heat season Updated: May-04-16 7:08 pm
MIAMI - Chris Bosh's season is now officially over, regardless of how far the Miami Heat advance in the postseason.
- Blues' Upshall, Hitchcock keep nervous eye on Canadian fire Updated: May-04-16 5:39 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Blues forward Scottie Upshall has numerous family members who live in Fort McMurray, Alberta, including a brother and his fiancee, plus aunts, uncles and nieces.
- Canadian PM Trudeau to host Obama, Pena Nieto in June Updated: May-04-16 1:42 pm
WASHINGTON - The White House says President Barack Obama will take a daytrip to Ottawa next month to meet with his Canadian and Mexican counterparts.
- LeBron has thought about playoffs matchup with Wade, Heat Updated: May-04-16 12:19 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - LeBron James isn't looking too far forward in the NBA playoffs. He's taken a peek, however.
- Donald Trump to speak at North Dakota oil expo in Bismarck Updated: May-04-16 11:27 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump has been tabbed as the keynote speaker for the Williston Basin Petroleum Conference that will be held later this month in Bismarck, an oil industry group said Wednesday.
- Graceland, home of Elvis, receives 20 millionth paid visitor Updated: May-04-16 7:20 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The operators of Graceland say the Memphis tourist attraction centered on the life and music of Elvis Presley has received its 20 millionth paid visitor.
- Interstate semitrailer crash in North Dakota kills 7 cattle Updated: May-04-16 6:14 am
PEMBINA, North Dakota - A semitrailer crash near the North Dakota-Canada border killed seven cattle.
- Moore struggles, Rays fall to Dodgers 10-5 Updated: May-04-16 12:22 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Tampa Bay's Matt Moore understandably was disappointed.
- A classic love tail: Man rescues dog. Dog rescues man. Updated: May-03-16 5:37 pm
NEW YORK - It's a classic love tail: Broken man meets broken dog and together they make life good again.
- Filipino militants threaten 3 hostages after beheading 1 Updated: May-03-16 3:45 pm
MANILA, Philippines - Muslim militants have threatened to kill three more hostages in their jungle base in the southern Philippines more than a week after beheading a Canadian man when their multi-million dollar ransom demands were not met.
- Raptors ratings still struggling to compete with NHL, Jays Updated: May-03-16 1:42 pm
TORONTO - Despite getting more attention from Canadian TV viewers, the Toronto Raptors are still struggling to compete with hockey and baseball.
- Calgary fires Bob Hartley, a season after coach of the year Updated: May-03-16 1:34 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - The Calgary Flames fired Bob Hartley on Tuesday, a season after he was voted the NHL's coach of the year.