- The Latest: Bolt bumps into the cameraman again at worlds Updated: Aug-28-15 7:27 am
BEIJING - The Latest from the IAAF world championships (all times local):
- Bautista blunder helps Texas to 4-1 win, end Jays' streak Updated: Aug-27-15 8:05 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Jose Bautista charged hard and reached down. Toronto's right fielder quickly realized that the ball went under his glove and was rolling toward the warning track.
- Gallardo wins 100th, Rangers end Toronto's 5-game win streak Updated: Aug-27-15 7:24 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Yovani Gallardo earned his 100th career victory, Delino DeShields kept running all the way home and the Texas Rangers ended Toronto's five-game winning streak.
- Wise Dan set for first race of 2015 at Woodbine Updated: Aug-27-15 6:11 pm
TORONTO - Two-time Horse of the Year Wise Dan is on schedule to make his first start of the year in the Woodbine Mile next month at Woodbine Racetrack.
- Blues invite Scott Gomez for tryout Updated: Aug-27-15 5:48 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Blues invited veteran forward Scott Gomez to training camp for a tryout.
- Canadian government to auction trove of hockey items Updated: Aug-27-15 4:43 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - Looking for a copy of Wayne Gretzky's professional hockey draft questionnaire? The Canadian government has one for sale.
- NHL's Mike Richards charged with controlled substance Updated: Aug-27-15 4:22 pm
EMERSON, Manitoba - Mike Richards, an NHL free agent whose contract was terminated by the Los Angeles Kings, was charged with possession of a controlled substance.
- Lewis, rest of Texas pitchers go wild in 12-4 loss to Jays Updated: Aug-27-15 1:12 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Colby Lewis walked four batters and threw two wild pitches in five innings of a failed attempt to set a career high in wins.
- Whitecaps beat Impact 2-0 to win Canadian Championship Updated: Aug-27-15 12:42 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Octavio Rivero and Tim Parker scored and the Vancouver Whitecaps won their first Voyageurs Cup title, beating the Montreal Impact 2-0 on Wednesday night in the second leg of the Canadian Championship.
- Olimpia beats Sounders 1-0 in CONCACAF play Updated: Aug-27-15 12:08 am
TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras - Alberth Elis scored in the 60th minute to help Olimpia beat the Seattle Sounders 1-0 on Wednesday night in CONCACAF Champions League play.
- Canadian official in Alaska amid mine development concerns Updated: Aug-26-15 9:40 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Lt. Gov. Byron Mallott and British Columbia's minister of energy and mines were working toward an agreement in response to concerns raised about the potential impacts of Canadian mine development on rivers that flow into southeast Alaska.
- Former Blackhawk forward Ron "Chico" Maki dies at 76 Updated: Aug-26-15 8:00 pm
TORONTO - Ron "Chico" Maki, a member of the Chicago Blackhawks 1961 Stanley Cup champions, has died. He was 76.
- Blue Jays claim Roach off waivers from Reds Updated: Aug-25-15 9:38 pm
- LEADING OFF: Pineda returns, Price keeps winning Updated: Aug-25-15 7:59 pm
A look at what's happening all around the major leagues on Wednesday:
- Blue Jays rookie 2B Devon Travis gets another cortisone shot Updated: Aug-25-15 7:05 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Blue Jays rookie second baseman Devon Travis is hopeful of returning to Toronto's lineup this season after having another cortisone shot in his injured left shoulder.
- Less-lethal weapons get new interest amid police shootings Updated: Aug-25-15 6:17 pm
FITCHBURG, Massachusetts - Police in more than 20 North American cities are testing the latest in less-lethal alternatives to bullets - "blunt impact projectiles" that cause suspects excruciating pain but stop short of killing them. Or at least that's the goal.
- Flames sign Mark Giordano to 6-year contract Updated: Aug-25-15 5:56 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - The Calgary Flames completed the top task on their summer to-do list by signing captain Mark Giordano to a six-year contract extension.
- 600 celebrate life of woman killed in supermarket attack Updated: Aug-25-15 5:35 pm
SACO, Maine - Wendy Boudreau graduated from Thornton Academy in Maine, fell in love with her husband there, and eventually worked there. Hundreds of friends and family attended her funeral Tuesday in the high school's auditorium, where her daughter said her mother wouldn't want her relatives and friends to crumble under the tragedy of her brutal death in a supermarket stabbing.
- Ashley Madison users in US sue cheating website over breach Updated: Aug-25-15 5:34 pm
LOS ANGELES - Eight people across the U.S. who registered to use Ashley Madison are suing the website for cheaters after hackers released personal and detailed information of millions of users, including financial data and sexual proclivities.
- Illinois man denies cancer drug smuggling conspiracy charge Updated: Aug-25-15 4:43 pm
HELENA, Montana - An Illinois man pleaded not guilty Tuesday to conspiring with an online Canadian pharmacy to smuggle mislabeled, unapproved and, in two cases, counterfeit prescription drugs into the U.S. to sell to doctors.
- Missouri beats Canada 18-6 in LLWS consolation game Updated: Aug-25-15 3:55 pm
SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pennsylvania - Devrin Weathers pitched into the fifth inning and hit a two-run homer on Tuesday, leading Webb City, Missouri to an 18-6 victory over Canada in a consolation game at the Little League World Series.
- 6 dead in small plane crash in Quebec Updated: Aug-24-15 5:47 pm
LES BERGERONNES, Quebec - Quebec provincial police say all six people aboard a seaplane that crashed on the province's North Shore have died.
- Police: Ashley Madison hack might have led to suicides Updated: Aug-24-15 4:53 pm
TORONTO - The hacking of the cheating website Ashley Madison has triggered extortion crimes and led to two unconfirmed reports of suicides, Canadian police said Monday.
- Yukon River salmon swim to Canada in record high numbers Updated: Aug-24-15 5:22 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Despite a below-average overall run, the Yukon River king salmon population had the highest number of Chinooks make it across the border toward their Canadian spawning grounds in 10 years.
- Blue Jays cap sweep of Angels with 12-5 win Updated: Aug-23-15 6:50 pm