- Company stopped from accepting abortion waste Updated: Apr-24-14 5:24 pm
- Skagway ferry dock sinks Updated: Apr-24-14 5:05 pm
- Champion Canadian skier John Kucera retiring Updated: Apr-24-14 4:05 pm
- Canada honors American soldier for crash heroics Updated: Apr-24-14 8:53 am
- Road teams off to flying start in NBA playoffs Updated: Apr-24-14 3:12 am
- Magnitude 6.6 quake off British Columbia coast Updated: Apr-24-14 1:43 am
- McGowan tires, Blue Jays fall 10-8 to Orioles Updated: Apr-23-14 11:57 pm
- Cruz hits 2 homers as Orioles beat Blue Jays 10-8 Updated: Apr-23-14 11:32 pm
- NTSB head: Action needed now on oil train safety Updated: Apr-23-14 7:47 pm
- Canada to end tankers linked to Quebec explosion Updated: Apr-23-14 5:50 pm
- Kidd not worried about Pierce matchup vs Raptors Updated: Apr-23-14 5:32 pm
- Burke among Canada's Sports Hall of Fame inductees Updated: Apr-23-14 5:00 pm
- Young Lightning look to future after playoff loss Updated: Apr-23-14 4:37 pm
- UND's Simpson signs with Edmonton Oilers Updated: Apr-23-14 8:47 am
- Orioles allow 3 homers, fall to Blue Jays, 9-3 Updated: Apr-23-14 12:44 am
- Canadiens sweep Lightning after 4-3 win Updated: Apr-23-14 12:15 am
- DeRozan scores 30 as Raptors beat Nets 100-95 Updated: Apr-23-14 12:03 am
- Orioles recall LH McFarland, designate Pearce Updated: Apr-22-14 5:25 pm
- Bernanke regrets not explaining crisis better Updated: Apr-22-14 4:37 pm
- TreeHouse Foods buying Protenergy for about $150M Updated: Apr-21-14 7:52 am
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 Updated: Apr-20-14 8:41 pm
- Suncor Energy says employee dies after work injury Updated: Apr-20-14 8:31 pm
- Canadian author Alistair MacLeod dies at 77 Updated: Apr-20-14 8:20 pm
- Murphy delivers for Indians in 6-4 win Updated: Apr-20-14 5:50 pm
- Yankees' RHP Nova on DL due to elbow ligament tear Updated: Apr-20-14 4:05 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - County commissioners gave final approval Thursday to an order to stop an incinerator in Oregon from receiving medical waste until procedures are in place to ensure no fetal tissue is burned to generate power.
SKAGWAY, Alaska - Ferry service has been suspended to the Southeast Alaska community of Skagway after the dock sank overnight.
CALGARY, Alberta - Canadian skier John Kucera is retiring after a career in which he won a world downhill title and was sidelined three seasons by a broken leg.
FORT DRUM, New York - A soldier stationed at Fort Drum in northern New York is being honored by the Canadian government for rescuing more than two dozen passengers from a burning charter bus after it was rear-ended on an upstate highway in 2011.
MIAMI - Here's the list of teams that had home-court advantage entering the opening round of these NBA playoffs: Indiana, Miami, Toronto, Chicago, San Antonio, Oklahoma City, Houston and the Los Angeles Clippers.
PORT ALICE, British Columbia - A magnitude 6.6 quake was recorded Wednesday night in the Pacific Ocean off the northwest corner of British Columbia's Vancouver Island, the U.S. Geological Survey's National Earthquake Information Center said.
TORONTO - Dustin McGowan doesn't have the stamina he needs to get through nine innings right now, which is bad news for the Blue Jays and their overworked bullpen.
TORONTO - Chris Tillman allowed season-highs in hits, home runs and earned runs against the Blue Jays. None of that bothered Baltimore manager Buck Showalter.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration needs to take steps immediately to protect the public from potentially catastrophic oil train accidents even if it means using emergency authority, National Transportation Safety Board Chairman Deborah Hersman said Wednesday.
TORONTO - Canada said Wednesday it was phasing out the type of rail tankers involved in last summer's massive explosion of a runaway oil train that incinerated much of a town in Quebec, killing 47 people and prompting intense public pressure to make oil trains safer.
NEW YORK - Jason Kidd never appears worries about anything, certainly not about someone like Paul Pierce.
TORONTO - Sarah Burke, the freestyle skier who died after a training accident in 2012, will be inducted into Canada's Sports Hall of Fame.
TAMPA, Florida - The Tampa Bay Lightning are disappointed, though not discouraged.
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - The NHL's Edmonton Oilers have signed University of North Dakota senior defenseman Dillon Simpson to a three-year entry level contract.
TORONTO - Baltimore has been leaning on its bullpen and the bill came due Tuesday night.
MONTREAL - The Montreal Canadiens swept their way into the second round of the NHL playoffs, and now look forward to some rest.
TORONTO - DeMar DeRozan put his playoff jitters aside and turned in an All-Star performance for the Toronto Raptors.
TORONTO - Former U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said he could have done a better job in helping people understand the action the central bank took during the financial crisis.
OAK BROOK, Illinois - TreeHouse Foods is buying private label food and beverage company Protenergy Natural Foods for 170 million Canadian dollars (about $150 million).
Rubin "Hurricane" Carter never surrendered hope of regaining his freedom, not even after he was convicted of a triple murder, then convicted again and abandoned by many prominent supporters.
FORT MCMURRAY, Alberta - Canadian company Suncor Energy says an employee has died after being "severely injured" at its oil sands site.
Alistair MacLeod, the award-winning Canadian author who was best known for his short story collections and novel "No Great Mischief," has died. He was 77.
CLEVELAND - Indians manager Terry Francona gave his team a pep talk Saturday after they lost for the seventh time in nine games.
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - New York Yankees right-hander Ivan Nova has a partial tear of the ulnar collateral ligament in his pitching elbow, an injury that often requires Tommy John surgery.