- Blatter not traveling to Women's World Cup final in Canada Updated: Jul-01-15 6:47 am
MONTREAL - FIFA President Sepp Blatter will skip the Women's World Cup final in Canada, avoiding a visit to North America at a time when U.S. officials are pursuing a criminal investigation into the soccer's ruling body.
- Bradley University center signs Canadian deal Updated: Jul-01-15 4:28 am
PEORIA, Illinois - Bradley University says a new trade agreement signed by a business center on campus and a similar organization in Winnipeg, Canada, will open up new areas for cooperation between industries in the two areas.
- Holiday week traffic boost expected along US-Canada border Updated: Jul-01-15 3:09 am
CHAMPLAIN, New York - Officials with U.S. Customs and Border Protection are advising travelers to be prepared for increased traffic this week at border crossings in western and northern New York.
- Collision again raises issue of concussions in World Cup Updated: Jul-01-15 2:41 am
MONTREAL - Germany coach Silvia Neid said forward Alexandra Popp did not have a concussion after banging heads with U.S. midfielder Morgan Brian in the first half of the women's World Cup semifinal.
- Estrada roughed up, Blue Jays lose 4-3 to Red Sox Updated: Jun-30-15 11:39 pm
TORONTO - After two straight brilliant starts, Toronto right-hander Marco Estrada turned in a dud against Boston.
- Ortiz and Bradley HR, Red Sox top Toronto for 3rd win in row Updated: Jun-30-15 11:20 pm
TORONTO - Minus injured stars Hanley Ramirez and Dustin Pedroia, the Boston Red Sox managed to match their longest winning streak of the season.
- Coyotes acquire Gordon from Edmonton for Korpikoski Updated: Jun-30-15 11:14 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - Boyd Gordon never really wanted to leave Arizona, so the veteran forward is thrilled to be back in the desert.
- US heads to World Cup final with 2-0 win over Germany Updated: Jun-30-15 11:07 pm
MONTREAL - Carli Lloyd remembers putting the ball on its spot and shutting out the noise of more than 51,000 anxious fans.
- Missed penalty kick costs Germany in 2-0 loss to US Updated: Jun-30-15 10:42 pm
MONTREAL - Celia Sasic picked a bad time for Germany's first missed penalty kick in the Women's World Cup.
- Rusney Castillo rejoins Red Sox on standby for Ramirez Updated: Jun-30-15 9:39 pm
TORONTO - Rookie outfielder Rusney Castillo has rejoined the Boston Red Sox on a standby basis, just in case Hanley Ramirez's injured hand doesn't heal in the next day or two.
- Jets, Stafford agree to 2-year, $8.7 million deal Updated: Jun-30-15 8:41 pm
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - Drew Stafford gave up long-term security to sign a new deal with the Winnipeg Jets.
- Flames sign defenseman Dougie Hamilton to 6-year contract Updated: Jun-30-15 8:27 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - Bruins general manager Don Sweeney didn't think Dougie Hamilton would have been "comfortable" signing long term in Boston.
- FIFA article draws criticism for referring to Morgan's looks Updated: Jun-30-15 8:21 pm
MONTREAL - Critics took aim at FIFA on social media Tuesday after FIFA.com referenced American forward Alex Morgan's looks in an article posted in advance of the United States' match against Germany in the semifinals of the Women's World Cup.
- Ducks get Kevin Bieksa from Canucks for 2nd-round pick Updated: Jun-30-15 8:12 pm
ANAHEIM, California - When Bob Murray realized Tuesday that he probably couldn't re-sign defenseman Francois Beauchemin, the Anaheim Ducks' general manager moved swiftly to land a veteran replacement.
- Canadian government approves Cirque du Soleil sale Updated: Jun-30-15 7:02 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - The Canadian government has approved the sale of Cirque du Soleil to a group headed by a U.S. private equity firm and its Chinese partners.
- Canadiens agree to 2-year deal with forward Brian Flynn Updated: Jun-30-15 3:57 pm
MONTREAL - Forward Brian Flynn agreed to a $1.9 million, two-year contract with the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday.
- Thunder deal Luke Ridnour, his 4th trade in less than a week Updated: Jun-30-15 1:53 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Luke Ridnour may be in need of a rest - or a good travel agent - after being traded for the fourth time in less than a week.
- Oh, baby: Hockey star checks Twitter for son's name Updated: Jun-30-15 1:11 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - No doubt someone will suggest they call him Ice. Or maybe Stick. Or Zamboni.
- Winds blow smoke from forest fires in Canada into Midwest Updated: Jun-30-15 1:05 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A haze blanketed much of the Midwest on Tuesday as strong winds carried smoke from forest fires in Canada thousands of miles to the south, prompting health warnings in at least two states.
- Women's soccer fever grips England in historic World Cup run Updated: Jun-30-15 12:48 pm
MANCHESTER, England - The movie "Bend It Like Beckham" first got Kiera Burke interested in soccer. During the 2012 Olympics, she went to Manchester United's Old Trafford stadium to watch the women's teams from United States and Canada play a thrilling semifinal.
- Pronger, Lidstrom, Fedorov, Ruggiero among Hockey Hall picks Updated: Jun-29-15 7:30 pm
TORONTO - Chris Pronger always seemed destined for the Hockey Hall of Fame.
- Michael Sam, 1st openly gay NFL draftee, rejoins CFL team Updated: Jun-29-15 6:23 pm
MONTREAL - In the city where Jackie Robinson made the jump to the big leagues - and a country where gay marriage has been legal for a decade - Michael Sam has come to restart his football career.
- Environmental groups urge Dayton to wade into mine review Updated: Jun-29-15 2:58 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Environmental advocates trying to stop a proposed copper-nickel mine in northeastern Minnesota launched an ad campaign on Monday aimed not at the company behind the project but at Gov. Mark Dayton, hoping to persuade the Democrat to require stronger environmental protections.
- Killer in Canadian dismemberment case joins dating site Updated: Jun-29-15 2:27 pm
MONTREAL - A Canadian man sentenced to life in prison for killing and dismembering his Chinese lover and mailing the body parts to schools and political parties has joined a matchmaking website for inmates.
- Jockeys are a couple off the track, competitors on it Updated: Jun-29-15 10:37 am
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - It was a brief encounter, but one that felt meaningful to Kassie Guglielmino and Jake Samuels.